Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky....Staying or going ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]He was astute enough to make Deon Burton his first signing.

Do you mean, Burton the hat-trick hero ....?

;o)
  • Options
    no Oggy he means Burton the useless lump of sh*t
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]no Oggy he means Burton the useless lump of sh*t

LMFAO!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I think sacking Parky is the bigger risk, it is my opinion that he is an astute and capable manager and given the opportunity can prove it this season.

Now that July is upon us, the current impasse cannot run on any longer - wasting the close season by dangling a manager in limbo is no longer acceptable.

The board either have to give their unequivocal backing to Parky or they need to appoint a proven, credible alternative - so that, in either case, they can have a month to prepare properly and wheel and deal with confidence in the transfer market.

i pretty much agree with that. i think parky could do a good job for us but i do wonder if too much damage has now been done to his reputation for many of our fans. unless he has a very good start (in a tough league) then a lot of people won't give him time to prove himself. we'll end up with a difficult atmosphere for the players to play in, especially at home. again.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2009
    And whatever happens people wont be happy.

Parky stays and we are rubbish - "see, why didnt we change manager"
    Parky stays and we are good - "why couldnt he do this last season, anyway he wont be good enough for the championship if we go up"
    New manager comes in and we are rubbish - "if we had sacked Parky and got someone in earlier we would have not ended up with this crap sod"
    New manager comes in and we are good - "why didnt the board act quicker and we may have not even been in league 1"

Oh the joys of pinickity football fans!
  • Options
    True WSS. I just hope for the club's sake that parky can suddenly become a competent manager. There just isn't much evidence to support that. He had one brief spell at Colchester with a squad of players far too good for league one, many left shortly after he did to play in higher leagues.
  • Options
    he will deffo be maanger for the seaon upon us. i've seen it in the tea leaves
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]True WSS. I just hope for the club's sake that parky can suddenly become a competent manager. There just isn't much evidence to support that. He had one brief spell at Colchester with a squad of players far too good for league one, many left shortly after he did to play in higher leagues.

that summary of his time with colchester is very harsh. he was there over three years so it's not that brief. when he toook over they were in a relegation battle, which he got them out of. then a couple of seasons finishing mid table, and falling away from the playoffs. then the year after he got them promoted in second place. if he took over a squad far too good for league one, why were they in danger of going into league 2? does he not get any credit for putting the squad together, when colchester have not had much money to throw around? he gradually built the squad and i know for a fact he was well respected by the people running the club.

people wanted paul ince as our manager, who has chosen jobs where there has been money to spend. all these potential managers don't have their records looked at nearly as intensely as parky's.
  • Options
    He should have gone when Pardew went, he should have gone at the end of the caretaker period, he should have gone at the end of the season.

He didn't and he's still here so I would be amazed if he wasn't still here at the start of the season.

Whether he turns out to be the right man remains to be seen but I really can't see anything but another season of dross with him in charge.

Hope he proves me wrong.
  • Options
    Parkinson says last season we were 'indifferent', many of the rest of us thought we were chite, and so got relegated, which judgement do you think is the most realistic?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they'll get rid of him when he wins 8 on the spin!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]Hope he proves me wrong.

Isn't it time you changed your name again ...... to Barn Door Burton?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Parkinson says last season we were 'indifferent', many of the rest of us thought we were chite, and so got relegated, which judgement do you think is the most realistic?

That's not his judgement though is it. Its what he has to say to the press. The vast majority of the squad will still be us and he has to work with them and motivate them. I'm not sure saying in an interview you think they're all shite would really enable said motivation to then take place.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    randy andy, you could be right, and Parkinson agrees secretly that his side last season, performing his way, with his tactics, and his loanees were indeed chite, but he can't say it out loud, because his magical powers of motivation would be compromised.

How apt that we celebrate George Orwell this year, he would be so proud that his concept of doublethink is alive and kicking.
  • Options
    It's not doublethink in any way shape or form.

If you had a problem at work would you rather a)your boss took you to one side and had a quite word, or b) broadcast to everybody in the company, ever customer, every client and every competitor that it's all gone tits up.

I'll give you a clue, if he did b he'd be sacked and possibly sued, so why should it be different in football? I agree he was fairly poor (though not as extreme as many on here), but if you think he's going to come out in an interview and say that he was shite as were all the players then you're living in a dream world.
  • Options
    Better to say nothing at all...'indifferent' indeed.
  • Options
    Fair enough, I agree it probably is better to say nothing at all, but I don't think with the modern media that football managers have that luxury, they have to say something, so usually it's something inane when they can't say what they really feel
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

;o)

The most worrying thing about it OR, there's never any shortage of contenders!!

;o)
  • Options
    Although he should have gone with Pards I reckon he'll have till xmas. If results are still poor and we are lingering in the bottom half of the table I reckon the board will have to look for a replacement which may mean we will sell in January. However, if we are stuck in mid table I reckon he will see out a rather boring season of mid table mediocrity. However, I could be wrong either way, I mean we could go down if we aren't careful
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]Although he should have gone with Pards I reckon he'll have till xmas. If results are still poor and we are lingering in the bottom half of the table I reckon the board will have to look for a replacement which may mean we will sell in January. However, if we are stuck in mid table I reckon he will see out a rather boring season of mid table mediocrity. However, I could be wrong either way, I mean we could go down if we aren't careful

Ever tried being a weather forecaster ....?

You would say: "It's going to be dry, winds light & variable, but just an outside chance of an isolated shower in sheltered or exposed locations ............."

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

;o)

The most worrying thing about it OR, there's never any shortage of contenders!!

;o)

or what about Exit Door McLeod? ;-)
  • Options
    Parky is not the only problem. Far from it.
    But his tenure has also provided NO evidence or even indication that he is part of the solution. That is why he needs to go.

No, I don't blame him for the mess that he inherited from Pardont.
    The board is more to blame than Parky, for a string of bad decisions dating back to Dowie.
    But you don't compound a mistake by sticking with it.

I have no confidence in Parky, and even less in a board that chooses to keep him on.
    It's enough to make grown men (and women) cry.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]Parky is not the only problem. Far from it.
    But his tenure has also provided[u]NO[/u]evidence or even indication that he is part of the solution. That is why he needs to go.

No, I don't blame him for the mess that he inherited from Pardont.
    The board is more to blame than Parky, for a string of bad decisions dating back to Dowie.
    But you don't compound a mistake by sticking with it.

I have no confidence in Parky, and even less in a board that chooses to keep him on.
    It's enough to make grown men (and women) cry.[/quote]

well said... couldn't have put it better
  • Options
    I was a Parkie supporter for along time,however for various reasons that are not totaly related to the man, I would have liked to see him go. However,my real concern is with the board. In effect he has been appointed as manager, permanent. Some here will agree, others will agree however this appointment has been by assumption, we have never been told that he has the position. The board have appointed him and then failed to support him, that cannot be right.

If they wanted to keep him, against the views of what appears to be the majority of fans then they should have come out with a positive statement and explained why they have kept him and given their backing. next week we play our first friendly and he is going to take stick, how can that as a distraction from the team be allowed to continue?
  • Options
    Can anybody really see Parky being in charge of some ,or all of pre season and then a new manager coming in fo the start of the new season ? Can't see it somehow.
  • Options
    I think he's staying, being given a chance to build his own team and show his worth through pre-season and a full season (if he lasts that long).