Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Terry

Have been reading about how John Terry's head has been turned by the riches on offer from Man City. Or should that be how his head has been turned by the opportunity to play a leading role in Man Citys ambitious new project?:). Reminded me of when Chelsea decided they didn't want us to have Scott Parker any more. At the time I used to read the bbc charlton messageboard. It was inundated by patronising premiership era, sky sports, replica shirt new chelsea divs gloating and telling us how it was the way of the world and we should just accept the fact that the soul was getting ripped out of our hard built club. Oh please god let "Mr Chelsea" shoot off to Manchester for a tilt at the Europa League alongside Ricard Dunne.....its the way of the wold innit?

Comments

• Options
    Ask Scott Parker- you remember him ?
    The guy who played for our club, the one who played for the u-21's,and then played for England.
    The one who Curbs was basically building his team around.
    The one club who "groomed" him to be the Midfield player that would/should have been the England midfielder for years to come.
    The one who basically "went on strike" so as he could treble his wages.
    The one who has made "millions" after signing 4 five year contracts within 6 years.

Ask HIM about ambition & loyality.
  • Options
    The wole sorry affair just summed up everything that is wrong with football. Still makes me so angry even though I try not to think about it. Yes, people move on but the fact is they didn't want him. Instead they just used their money to make sure we couldn't have him and remove a bit more competition. He's a rich man but will never be the same player. And that transfer was the beginning of the end for us. Some people will say I'm petty or small minded but I hate what they did to us and would love them to get a dose back. Football's going to eat itself
  • Options
    So even Chelski are not rich enough these days ! Football is doomed imho.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]The wole sorry affair just summed up everything that is wrong with football. Still makes me so angry even though I try not to think about it. Yes, people move on but the fact is they didn't want him. Instead they just used their money to make sure we couldn't have him and remove a bit more competition. He's a rich man but will never be the same player. And that transfer was the beginning of the end for us. Some people will say I'm petty or small minded but I hate what they did to us and would love them to get a dose back. Football's going to eat itself

Have to say dude, i am in total 100% agreement with everything you wrote. I hate what them scum did to us, and as a consiquence i hate them and there plastic no good bully fans. I really hope he does go, that would make my day.
  • Options
    I have to admit I will piss myself laughing if he does go to City. Parker leaving was the start of the process that led to our downward spiral, so seeing Chelsea getting a taste of their own medicine would be very entertaining indeed.
  • Options
    it depresses the hell out of me an average player like John terry with figrues being banded about and how much the scumbag will earn..

Hell and a handcart
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]it depresses the hell out of me an average player like John terry with figrues being banded about and how much the scumbag will earn..

Whilst i agree the figures quoted are obscene, i don't see how you can refer to Terry as an average player. He's one of the best defenders in the world.
  • Options
    What goes around comes around.

Say good bye nicely John.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]it depresses the hell out of me an average player like John terry with figrues being banded about and how much the scumbag will earn..

Whilst i agree the figures quoted are obscene, i don't see how you can refer to Terry as an average player. He's one of the best defenders in the world.

May be one of the beast defenders at Chelsea or at best in the Premiership.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I agree he's one of the worlds top half dozen or so...very inspirational....a great player....but behind the scenes he shamelessly tapped up Parker on Chelskis behalf for which I can't ever forgive him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As said above if 'mr chelsea' goes to man city it purly is for cash reasons there not in a major european competition and will struggle to get anywhere near the big 4, the gunners and maybe everton will be there biggest rivals, apart from robinho who would be off in a shot if a big club came in for him they have been left with signing just above average prem players bellamy, barry apart from given if terry dosnt come off they will go for somone like upson or lescott when they are prepaired to let onuha and richards leave maddness... still would love to be charlton and signing average talent of barry and given... ;-)
  • Options
    put John Terry in a west brom team and dare I say Charlton team and then tell me he's world class.

Don't get me wrong he's had a brilliant career but he's been blessed at chelsea in having WORLD CLASS players alongside him throught his time there inc Desailly, carvalho to name but 2 who regularly get/got him out of trouble not forgetting a certain Claude Makele in front of him as well.

Put him up against top class forwards and he struggles.

I s'pose he is to me what Ryan Giggs is to MCS. People just won't understand or get why I think liek that but that's why footie such a great game.
  • Options

Yeah he really struggles when playing for England.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]put John Terry in a west brom team and dare I say Charlton team and then tell me he's world class.

Don't get me wrong he's had a brilliant career but he's been blessed at chelsea in having WORLD CLASS players alongside him throught his time there inc Desailly, carvalho to name but 2 who regularly get/got him out of trouble not forgetting a certain Claude Makele in front of him as well.

I s'pose he is to me what Ryan Giggs is to MCS. People just won't understand or get why I think liek that but that's why footie such a great game.

Ledge what are you on about...conversely they often struggle against him too...He's world class...swallow yer pride mate and admit it....I don't much like the fecker but have to admit to his quality.
  • Options
    Love the way you put that ledge lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]put John Terry in a west brom team and dare I say Charlton team and then tell me he's world class.

Put John Terry in the West Brom team and he'd be their stand out performer week in, week out.
    Surely he must be a pretty good player to even get in the Chelsea side? He's made over 400 appearances for them in an era when they can afford who they like, so to play that many times must mean he's a quality player.
    And i just looked up his stats.
    Voted into the FIFPRO World XI - 4 years running - 2005-2008
    Voted into the all star squad of the World cup 2006
    Voted best defender in the champions league - 2005 and 2008
    Voted PFA Players player of the year - 2005

Hardly average is he?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    that;s the beauty of forums you don't have to agree with me and I never asked you too.

MCS hates giggs and I don't get it.

I don't rate Terry you don't get it. U can throw all sorts of stats at me it will make no difference. I DON'T RATE HIM - PERSONAL O-P-I-N-I-O-N

[cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Voted into the all star squad of the World cup 2006
    Voted best defender in the champions league - 2005 and 2008

Hardly average is he?

How the hell he got voted in all star squad in world cup when we only got to 1/4's makes a mockery of that.

Champs league - bet he's proud of his bloody winners medals then - oh shit forgot he hasn't got one.