Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oasis Saturday , any spares ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Impressed with Kasabian. Oasis were superb as ever. Don't look back in anger is something that will stick with me for years to come.

Agree with that, thought Oasis were absolute quality...didn't get covered in as much piss as I thought I would, but quality night all round really....Roll with it was superb.
  • Options
    Im seeing Kasabian at Brixton on Friday as well.

Didnt think I liked the new album but Fire and Underdog are choones...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I just accept that as being part of going to a lot of gigs now. It doesn't annoy me anywhere near as much as people on shoulders do. That's why piss and beer is thrown I reckon

im getting old. I could never think that gettig piss thrown at me as being acceptable.
  • Options
    less piss than at eastlands 4 years ago, no agg near us either.
  • Options
    lots of agg near us on saturday night. Lots of numpties trying to be 'geezers'.

Oasis were ok, but one trick ponies really.
  • Options
    I saw more tadgers at the gig on Thursday than I've seen at a concert in many a long year and I took the wimps way out and sat in the stand. Agree with SE10s overall view of events.
  • Options
    Hope this works?

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDlBEtgoZT8&feature=related
  • Options
    They were beyond amazing tonight. Fantastic to see them in such a small and beautiful place
  • Options
    Cool!!

Who else was on the card fella?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Some fella I've never heard of that supported them in Europe called Howard Eliot Payne.

To be honest it was pissing down at that point so I wasn't paying much attention.

Amazing setting to watch a band in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad I saw Oasis last month at Wembley. Looks like it may have been one of their last gigs.

Noel Gallagher has quit rock band Oasis, blaming his brother for the walk out.

A statement on the band's website read: "It is with some sadness and great relief that I tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

Earlier, it was announced the band had cancelled their second gig in the space of a week because of "an altercation within the band".

They were expected to play the Rock en Seine festival in Paris but the crowd were told by Bloc Party, who were due to perform before Oasis, that the Manchester band would not be taking the stage.

Many of the crowd thought it was a joke - until the big screens at either side of the main stage showed the message "As a result of an altercation within the band, the Oasis gig has been cancelled".

Ben Clover, 28, who travelled from south London for the festival, said: "I was hoping to see the band on the top of their game - now I am not sure we will ever see them perform live again.

"There are a lot of British Oasis fans who have come over for this gig and they are very disappointed."
  • Options
    bound to happen considering Liam's behaviour lately , shame they didn't have the decency to at least fulfill their remaining gigs on the tour .

Solo stuff beckons for Noel no doubt , glad to have seen them this summer as they were proper on top of their game but can still see them getting back together within the next five years to do an album but maybe long tours are out of the question now
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Totally unproffesional, shocking and selfish thing not to go on stage and perform for the punters/fans, many of whom had travelled many a mile and spent a great deal of money to get there.....no matter what the circumstances.
  • Options
    Yes, that Liam Gallagher is a total tool. Hate him with an absolute passion!! Horrible northern scum.
  • Options
    Taxi for gallagher!
  • Options
    Hard to relate to the working class hero that Liam portrays now days after hes spent the last decade getting fat in primrose hill. Shame cos my favourite band of my generation.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Totally unproffesional, shocking and selfish thing not to go on stage and perform for the punters/fans, many of whom had travelled many a mile and spent a great deal of money to get there.....no matter what the circumstances.

I am a big fan of Oasis, but I agree totally Soundas - what kind of adult can't agree to work with someone else for what amounts to about two hours in order to fulfil their obligations? Very poor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Totally unproffesional, shocking and selfish thing not to go on stage and perform for the punters/fans, many of whom had travelled many a mile and spent a great deal of money to get there.....no matter what the circumstances.

I am a big fan of Oasis, but I agree totally Soundas - what kind of adult can't agree to work with someone else for what amounts to about two hours in order to fulfil their obligations? Very poor.

Exactly P..........it's not as though someone was too ill or there had been an accident or bereavment preventing the gig from going ahead................a bad row it may well have been but you just 'have to' put on your pro's hat in any other circumstances.
    I suspect the promters insurance company won't have any of it and someone somewhere on their side of the fence is going to have to swallow a shyte load of dosh...once the punters have all been refunded for their tickets that is......though that wont cover the poor sods travelling and accomodation expenses.....utterly selfish is all I can say.
    Can see this ending up in the law courts....I'll give the old music industry adage an airing here........."Where there's a hit there's a writ."
    I have been on the road with some bands who have literaly torn chunks out of each other but knew bottom line that they had obligations that meant they both legaly and (more importantly) moraly had to swallow their collective pride and just get on with it.
    Though I never toured with The Who, they are a prime example.