Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thamesmead Festival

Anyone go any truth in the rumour that a policeman was stabbed?

Comments

• Options
    That's also what i heard.
  • Options
    Hm maybe I won't join the Met! Surrey Police i'm so glad I applied to you instead.
  • Options
    Didnt hear or see anything about it but wouldnt supprise me, with what goes on over here. Problem is it all gets swept under the carpet. Local papers are more about kids dancing over the youth club or something rather than real news, and before you know it, its gossip that might or might not of happened.
    4 years back, I worked at the video shop near Morrisons (now the Blockbuster) and was doing the late shift on Sunday. Just getting ready to close and two blokes bust in, one with a gun, the other a knife and held us up. Got away with about £100 and shook me right up and handed my notice in the next day. But, nothing was ever reported about it...

Theamesmead North used to be a nice place to live but has gone to the dumps over the last 6 years. Cant wait to get out.
  • Options
    I read that there was a stabbing at the Bermondsey festival - gang related.

I know that it has been discussed to death on here, and for fear of ripping into a GH type of rant - but these gangs do need dealing with because at the moment they seem indestructable. On Saturday night at 1.00 am I was taking the dog for a quick spin up Avenue Road Bexleyheath and had to walk through the RA (about 30 of them) - not often I feel intimidated.
  • Options
    Well there was plenty of incident near the end, on what was otherwise a fantastic day.

No concrete news of an actual stabbing I do know that a young kid was mugged at knife point and I was told that there were two or three other serious incidents, which took place about fifteen mintes into the final set.

The festival had to be closed down with 45 minutes to go on Police orders and there were rumours of stand offs in the streets outside the park for a good while after, but I saw no ambulances coming ino the park, which there surely would have been had there been a stabbing in the park grounds itself.
  • Options
    Ahhh thats just terrible. Stand off in the streets on a family festival day. christ.
  • Options
    And there was me worrying at the weekend about some kids from the estate round the corner letting playing with my neighbours water hose and throwing some stones in my direction prior to running off after I told them to move on.