Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Street

Anyone watch this thought it was rather good old bob didn't let us down, but took a bit of a kicking.
Well worth an hour of viewing i thought.

Comments

• Options
    i really enjoyed it. thought the tension build up was excellent, like high noon set in manchester.

bob was as good as ever.
  • Options
    why did the nut case have to be Irish ? it was in Manchester wasnt it ? and why did Hoskins (playing himself) have to be called Paddy ? I know is a radical idea but how about them being ENGLISH as it took place in an English town ? or have the media decided to listen to John |Prescott who states we dont exist ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]why did the nut case have to be Irish ? it was in Manchester wasnt it ? and why did Hoskins (playing himself) have to be called Paddy ? I know is a radical idea but how about them being ENGLISH as it took place in an English town ? or have the media decided to listen to John |Prescott who states we dont exist ?

I didnt really read that much into it i just watched it and enjoyed whatever there names was.
  • Options
    everyone in it was english apart from the one irish fella, and i hear there's quite a few in manchester....
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    there was good tension in it, it was watchable. There are a few English in Manchester i hear. I wonder how many cockney/irish pub landlords there are though.Of course Hoskins might not have been playing an Irishman---its just he was called Paddy.
  • Options
    Enjoyed it, better than the recent Marttina Cole The Take
  • Options
    Oh my god that was so sad.
  • Options
    been a great series. Thought the soldier story 2 weeks ago was terribly sad and relevant to today
  • Options
    Yeah.

Not sure which I preferred. Anna freil one was great, army one and the stephen graham alcoholic one last week was awesome. Didn't enjoy tonights as much till the end. Got completely engrossed in all of them. So believable.
  • Options
    Utterly brilliant yet utterly depressing one hour of TV gold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Utterly brilliant yet utterly depressing one hour of TV gold.[/quote]

Lol - yes gritty and realistic, not that i have beeb through any of that, but it really pulled on the old heart strings. Last nights was a slow burner, as Suzi say's wasn't as good, but then felt drawn in and it was compelling. BBC at its best.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]it was in Manchester wasnt it ? and why did Hoskins (playing himself) have to be called Paddy ? I know is a radical idea but how about them being ENGLISH as it took place in an English town ?[/quote]
    Don't think that this is the end of the world tbh.