Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Work Experience for Teenagers

DA9DA9
edited July 2009 in Not Sports Related
Does anyone work for a company that would take teenagers for work experience, for 11 days in February next year, any work, doesn't matter.

My 14 year old son has to try and get it booked this week, no fees or money to be paid, purely for the experience, he has insurance liability forms that can be produced etc.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Options
    My company seem to have quite a few (work back office for a stock broker) so I can definetly ask if that is of interest. I suspect they'll cover all travel expenses and there's a free canteen for lunches
  • Options
    DA9 - I work for M&S at the head office in Paddington. I know that they have in the past had many youngsters in on work experience but not sure about a 14 year old. It might be worth speaking to someone in the HR department about availability. The main switchboard number is 020 7935 4422. Good luck with it!!
  • Options
    Cheers all
  • Options
    I hear the wat Tyler might me looking for a pot boy, not to collect glasses but to deliver goods around the estate.
  • Options
    my company runs this .https://jobs.bbc.co.uk/fe/tpl_bbc03.asp?newms=info06

Do not be put off that 20,000 people apply each year worth a try , we all had to start somewhere!
  • Options
    Off topic, my wee cuz, who lives in Milton Keynes (all that side of my family live there, his late Grandad my late uncle was a Charlton fan so all good) managed to get himself into Red Bull racing for work experience, had a piccy with a proper rb whatever ya call it (Red bull F1 car), and Mark Webber who is apparently a top dude. I went and worked as a minging labourer!!

Hope your Boy finds a good gig E
  • Options
    I'll ask the question and let you know, Is he looking for anything in particular? as I dont drive a desk and he might get his hands a bit dirty!! I wont, but he might ;)
  • Options
    My firm do a lot of work experience, we've got a load of kids in at the moment. Let us know what sort of work he's looking for...
  • Options
    Doing my Work experience next year. I hope that my Uncle's friend will get me exprience at News Shopper/ Kent Messenger one of those to help me decide about my future.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]I'll ask the question and let you know, Is he looking for anything in particular? as I dont drive a desk and he might get his hands a bit dirty!! I wont, but he might ;)

Anything really, he dont mind turning his hand to anything, just wants the experience.

Medders, same goes fella, any help appreciated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does he want to head up the Supporter's Trust?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]I'll ask the question and let you know, Is he looking for anything in particular? as I dont drive a desk and he might get his hands a bit dirty!! I wont, but he might ;)

Anything really, he dont mind turning his hand to anything, just wants the experience.

Anything interest him specificially mate? Computing, engineering, mechanics, Elvis impersonating?
  • Options
    My kiods both had their experience in local authority gigs - one the local primary school and the other Wave lengths swimming baths.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

Anything interest him specificially mate? Computing, engineering, mechanics, Elvis impersonating?

LOL, Not really, wants to join the army in later life, but the school are pushing him to get work experience in anything.
  • Options
    Dont want to state the bleeding obvious but has he contacted the army to see if they can help? I did work experience with the police when I was school - something like that would be good experience for him too. Would he really want to be sitting in an office like mine for 2 weeks?