Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Quiz night - Suggestions required

edited July 2009 in Not Sports Related
I manage a group of homes for the elderly and hold quiz nights every 2/3 months for them. Setting the general knowledge questions is not a problem, but at the end of each half, I like to do something different, like tastings, flags of the world, music etc.

The only trouble is, I've being doing them for some years now and I'm running out of ideas.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Map of a continent with no names - name the countries.

Same with cities in UK or Europe

Picture quiz ie famous Georges, Film stars etc

Logo of well known companies but with name blanked out.

Don't know what they are called but things like

Mind
    ------
    Matter

Which is "mind over matter"

The Charlton accounts - can you find £40m of debt ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The Charlton accounts - can you find £40 of debt ; - )

I'll cover the £40, if they need it.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The Charlton accounts - can you find £40 of debt ; - )

I'll cover the £40, if they need it.

Sorry, misread the email from *deleted on legal advice*
  • Options
    How about - name the 50 states of America during the 20 minute half time break.
    Or anagrams of famous people.
    Or the cryptic tube station game - Dark Monks = blackfriars
    Extremeley large = wapping
    etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]How about - name the 50 states of America during the 20 minute half time break.
    Or anagrams of famous people.
    Or the cryptic tube station game - Dark Monks = blackfriars
    Extremeley large = wapping
    etc

I don't want to know what "Cockfosters" is :-)
  • Options
    This is a useful site Al, I use it all the time for my quizzes. I have over a hundred quizzes now, happy to send you some if you want to whisper me with your e-mail.

http://tinklepeg.multiply.com/
  • Options
    A4 sheet, famous people from history photos, and they have to name them?
  • Options
    have a list of events ie, churchill dies, titanic sinks, prince charles born, deon burton hat-trick, etc
    and a list of years that they have to match up.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Three ideas we have previously used but the needs of elderly residents may be a restraining factor.
    1) Pots of white powder which have to be identified. Must not taste them obviously. We used six substances, all legal! Talc, baking powder, washing powder, BarKeepers friend, plant fertiliser and icing sugar.
    2) A picture of the Mona Lisa which had been altered by a Photoshop whizz to give six variants. Only one is the genuine one, which is it?
    3) Medley of popular wartime songs with short snippets of some 30 songs. Get as many titles as they can.
  • Options
    TV theme tunes
    Identify the product from a snippet of the jingle eg "when your carpet smells fresh, your room does too"
    For a different type of picture round, use some software to convert photos of people to negatives - even with really famous people it can be quite tricky to get your head around.