Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You cider drinkers

Should visit The Bull in Horton Kirby...Gravesend and Northfleets Camara pub of the year 2008/2009.
Several different ones in plastic containers on the bar made by a local brewer in the village.
Bloody dinamite!

Comments

• Options
    "dinamite" ?
    You sirth African, S ?
  • Options
    i want to know do they really make pear cider with anything other than pears?
  • Options
    As mentioned the other day, Big Tree cider is on sale there, and at The White Hart in Sevenoaks. It's locally made by a family of Charlton supporters. We've nearly run out this season, but we're making a lot more this year, so look out for us at festivals and local pubs from late spring next year.
  • Options
    Have recently got into cider never been into til this summer taste buds have expanded ha. Particularly the Bulmers however might have to check this pub in Sevenoaks out though sounds good.
  • Options
    not being delivered until tomorrow, so hold your excitement until then!
  • Options
    Will be patient Ray thanks could be there by Tuesday
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: raycafc[/cite]not being delivered until tomorrow, so hold your excitement until then!

Did you use to play for Palace ?
  • Options
    no. I can't remember why I called myself that now. It was several years ago.
  • Options
    Just found out that we're delivering some to The Bull, Horton Kirby tomorrow (Monday)
  • Options
    got into NLA aspalls today feckin lovellllllllllllllllllllllllllllly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]got into NLA aspalls today feckin lovellllllllllllllllllllllllllllly

Interesting that the draught Aspalls is 5%....but the bottled stuff is 7%!
  • Options
    The draught Aspalls I had on Friday night (at the Cutty Sark) was 5.5%
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]The draught Aspalls I had on Friday night (at the Cutty Sark) was 5.5%

Errrrr.....good lord I'm .5% out!
  • Options
    Aspalls is always 5.5% on draught, 7.0% in bottles. Bit of a con on draught really, as most people think it's the same decent strength stuff you get in bottles.

As regards perries (please don't use the term "pear cider", it is a nonsense expression dreamed up by marketing idiots), they can contain up to 25% apples/75% pears and still be termed a perry. Similarly, cider can contain up to 25% pears/75% apples, although this is far far rarer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]The draught Aspalls I had on Friday night (at the Cutty Sark) was 5.5%

something else for you to have a barnie about ;-)
  • Options
    Magners/Bulmers/Gaymers are all just an expensive alcopop.

People used to think I was weird having a couple of ice cubes in Strongbow in the summer but for the last few years it is deemed acceptable to have a silly big glass to accomodate tons of ice and a pinky girly cider
  • Options
    Strongbow is the best Cider imo
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Strongbow is the best Cider imo[/quote]

I really hope you're having a laugh. Strongbow isn't even a cider - it uses corn and maize adjuncts ffs! It's an apple-flavoured beer at best. I'm glad to see nowhere even sells Strongbow anymore - certainly nowhere anywhere near me. Three year ago everywhere sold it, now i ain't seen it anywhere in months. The replacements (Stowford Press, Thatchers Gold and/or Addlestones) ain't great but they're a lot better than adjunt-brew. As far as I know, Strongbow ain't legally allowed to call itself a cider anymore either - because of what it's made from - which is why most pubs have been dropping it like flies over the past couple of years.
  • Options
    Well I can guarantee Big Tree cider, mentioned above is made from nothing but apples. Literally nothing is added to it, and the apples are picked, crushed, pressed, brewed and poured into the 20 litre boxes exclusively by a family of Charlton supporters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]

something else for you to have a barnie about ;-)

steve it was meant to be ironic.....well I thought it was!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Westons white top (dry) (6%) is the tipple for me. Even order it in for home consumption.....
  • Options

Most bottled beer/cider is stronger than it's draught equivalent - but a 500ml bottle isn't a pint either
    5.5% is still a pretty strong brew, as you'll no doubt notice as you stagger home from the pub.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: raycafc[/cite]Well I can guarantee Big Tree cider, mentioned above is made from nothing but apples. Literally nothing is added to it, and the apples are picked, crushed, pressed, brewed and poured into the 20 litre boxes exclusively by a family of Charlton supporters.

If you want to drink proper cider - rather than it's industrial chemically flavoured counterpart, then this seems the real deal.

And Charlton all the way through!
  • Options
    Like my Ciders- Merrydown Vintage ( Dry)- lovely stuff although increasingly hard to get.

(proper) Cider drinking in pubs- very dangerous!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: raycafc[/cite]Well I can guarantee Big Tree cider, mentioned above is made from nothing but apples. Literally nothing is added to it, and the apples are picked, crushed, pressed, brewed and poured into the 20 litre boxes exclusively by a family of Charlton supporters.

Can you not sell a few boxes to the club to sell in the north upper?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Strongbow is the best Cider imo[/quote]

I really hope you're having a laugh. Strongbow isn't even a cider - it uses corn and maize adjuncts ffs! It's an apple-flavoured beer at best. I'm glad to see nowhere even sells Strongbow anymore - certainly nowhere anywhere near me. Three year ago everywhere sold it, now i ain't seen it anywhere in months. The replacements (Stowford Press, Thatchers Gold and/or Addlestones) ain't great but they're a lot better than adjunt-brew. As far as I know, Strongbow ain't legally allowed to call itself a cider anymore either - because of what it's made from - which is why most pubs have been dropping it like flies over the past couple of years.[/quote]

I can get it from any off licence for £1 a can and every pub around here and in Sidcup
  • Options
    I've told few of you this before...try putting a slice of orange in the glass and pouring the cider over it for an added treat.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    i fancy a lisping cowboy!

so is this your company Ray? i dont really drink cider and i dont live near either but if you branch out to greenwich area do let us know!

ciderrrrr
  • Options
    Thanks for asking - yes, it's a family business, based in Hartley, nr Brands Hatch etc.

It's not enough to pay the bills so we do other things too, but we enjoy it. We plan to make a lot more next year so we would definitely be looking to sell in the Greenwich area.

Just delivered a barrel to The White Hart in Sevenoaks but discovered that it's not opening until 27th July, so don't bother going there to try it until then!
  • Options
    Nice one. I wish you the best of luck.. and if it becomes a complete roaring success and you makes millions you can come back and buy the club. ok.