Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris McCready

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.charlton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=161978

Doesn't sound like such an inspired potential signing, although I read he had an OK game on trial the other day. It just confirms reality that we have to trawl through the out of contract players to build a team for this coming season. ................. Perhaps the TO is a long way off?!

Comments

• Options
    Takeover ?
    What Takeover ?

;-)
  • Options
    If there is a takeover, hopefully it will enable PP to do what he needs to do in the transfer market, frees or fees. We can't lose sight of where we are now and what will be needed to get out of this div will be a lot different than competing in the Championship. Remember the days of bringing in players like 'Sweaty', Nelson, Johnny Robinson? All, who's that then, but boy did they do us proud. Let's hope PP has the same eye for unearthing and enhancing talent.
  • Options
    I think this is the point Pavo. This season is going to be about producing a team which is greater than the sum of it's parts which, as you say, was Curbs great strength, at least pre-premiership days. Time will tell if Parky can do the same, but I think that sort of team is what most think of us probably think of as a 'Charlton type' team and if Parky pulls it off it will be a welcome relief from the teams of individuals we've watched under Dowie and Pardew.

If he gets it wrong, it could be even more painful to watch.