Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amir Khan

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Khan is a good fighter and i'm suprised that he has only just learnt to weave in and out of blows but bloody hell did he do it well!
  • Options
    no doubt he can box at the highest level ,but as soon as someone punches hard the same thing will happen,boxed very well very carefully managed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]He got smashed up by an unknown East European banger, not much grace in that is there!!

Was he on a stag night then?
  • Options
    gave up watching 'boxing' fed up with so called super stars bashing up mexican bin men ! now, if you asked me to watch Roberto Duran ,, thats a different game !
  • Options
    Na prefer to watch UFC all day long!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Na prefer to watch UFC all day long!
    ultimate fking cuddling
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solihull Addick[/cite]gave up watching 'boxing' fed up with so called super stars bashing up mexican bin men ! now, if you asked me to watch Roberto Duran ,, thats a different game !
    *doffs cap, despite being more of an SRL fan*
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ha ha ha f you Mclovin go blow up a police car!
  • Options
    Well that's one way of dealing with a mandatory challenger !!
  • Options
    Thank heavens for Sopcast, would have been gutted paying £15 on PPV to watch that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know this is said in hindsight, but how can Sky justify wanting to charge people an extra £15 to watch this fight on-top of their subscription fees. Never heard of the challenger and he wasn't even good enough to withstand one punch from Khan, seems like any title fight Sky get, they seem to think is worthy of PPV - thank you JustinTV!!
  • Options
    Was worth the fee for the undercard. The Mitchell vs Prescott fight was great. Think you are being harsh on the challenger, that punch would've stopped anyone at that weight. It nearly took his head off.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]I know this is said in hindsight, but how can Sky justify wanting to charge people an extra £15 to watch this fight on-top of their subscription fees. Never heard of the challenger and he wasn't even good enough to withstand one punch from Khan, seems like any title fight Sky get, they seem to think is worthy of PPV - thank you JustinTV!![/quote]

Cotto v Pac Man? Free I believe.
  • Options
    mitchell was sublime,khan fought someone not ranked at all,check box rec,but has improved beyond doubt,but hats of warren for the way he matches khan.
  • Options
    Yeah mitchell was great,but dont go by boxrec for rankings,at one stage they had martin rogan higher than haye which is crazy.Fightnews.com or the ring mag.com for rankings.
  • Options
    will check them out,all in all khan boxed great,and he would not shy from anyone,but when he gets hit by a world class hitter the same thing will happen.
  • Options
    Heads up for anyone who might be interested - seems that Khan's fight tomorrow has been taken off Box Office and moved to Sky Sports 3 because of changes in the undercard.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/apr/07/amir-khan-title-defence-chaos
  • Options
    Some of the shit they trot out on box office (e.g. Audrey), they must be really confident that the "challenger" is going to be a really credible opponent. They actually do have a binman on the undercard, so life imitates Solihull's sarcasm - although the fighter is actually not from anywhere as exotic as Mexico, he's from Leicester.
  • Options
    Rendall Munroe is his name ... and a likkle respect please
  • Options
    Nothing against the fighter himself Riscardo just thought it was funny that Solihull had mentioned binmen on the previous page. I just object to the whole sky box office razamataz that follows round any British fighter with a couple of wins. If the Khan camp ever really saw McLoskey as a serious contender why would this bout be scheduled shortly before his big money unification match. World Champions fighting contenders without a realistic hope, on PPV, is the issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    :)
  • Options
    Khan v McCloskey will now NOT be shown on any sky sports channel, apparently Khan and his team have rejected skys offer of showing the fight on sky sports 3. Now in talks with Primetime to have the fight on their but seems crazy to get on the wrong side of sky in my opinion. Although not on PPV the fight would have surely got big numbers on SS3.
  • Options
    Didn't he sign a multi-fight deal with Sky?
  • Options
    Greedy bastard

I watched Maidana v Morales for free last night/this morning and saw a banger of a fight between Guerro and Katsidis on the undercard as well as a decent show from Paulie Malignaggi as well as a handful of other good quality bouts

Sky/Khan promotions have a few domestic bouts on the undercard and errrr that's it for your money!
  • Options
    Carter - great action last night I agree though the eyes failed me during the Maidana main event!

Very disappointed if this is true. It's a poor, nothing fight anyway and now it's going to be stuck on a poor, nothing channel and watched by a low audience.
  • Options
    sky only had 50 advance payers for this fight and the proposed undercard is falling apart. What amazes me most is no one seems to have figured the main problem with PPV fights which is that whether it's Hatton V Mayweather or Khan V McCloskey they will always charge £15. If the lesser fights like this were £5-£8 then I'm sure they'd get much better figures and probably make more money.

Gutting thing is at least when on sky box office they show it later in the week on sky sports for free now we won't even see that
  • Options
    I'll always pay £15 to watch Carl Froch and David Haye as for the better part they are always good scraps. The domestic thing Frank Warren did before Chirstmas was a stinker for the money.

When someone has a world title and is an exciting fighter to watch they are then worthy of being on a higher pay scale.
  • Options
    that fight was a farce from the moment it was announced until the moment that cut happened
  • Options
    Very glad for P2P, no one wants to pay for that
  • Options
    Are they crazy talking about a fight with Mayweather?!!