Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Ifill

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Available on a freebie. Currently on trial at Brighton. Can play left or right.

I know he has had some injury problems but would he be worth a look?.

Comments

• Options
    No
  • Options
    No...

'Sides, how many more midfielders do we need?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]No...

'Sides, how many more midfielders do we need?[/quote]

Other than Bailey who have we got to play on the left?.
  • Options
    Basey.
  • Options
    Played a lot of games last year. Would be worth it but doubt if we're near his wanted wages atm. Besides isn't he predominantly right sided? Not that we don't need another option on the right, especially if he can play on the left as well.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Played a lot of games last year. Would be worth it but doubt if we're near his wanted wages atm. Besides isn't he predominantly right sided? Not that we don't need another option on the right, especially if he can play on the left as well.[/quote]

The majority of the games he played at Sheff Utd were on the left.

I remember him as being someone with a bit of quality about him. Certainly worth running the rule over if he is available on a free. Pretty sure he would rather stay in SE London if he can.

Also like to think that we would be able to match anything Brighton are offering in terms of wages.
  • Options
    Was on trial at Milwall before moving onto his trial at Brighton.

His injury record is appalling.
  • Options
    i think he would be a good signing, definately as we may lose a couple of midfielders. which i would prefer we didnt, but ifill is a decent winger so sign him up!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Was on trial at Milwall before moving onto his trial at Brighton.

His injury record is appalling.[/quote]

Agreed re: injury record - pay as you play deal?.

Didn't he start at Millwall?.
  • Options
    no fook off had too many crap ex palace players lately plus he's ex Wall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just because who they used to play for does not mean we should say no, if hes good enough sign him! at least on a trial and see how well he does, i think would be a good buy personally
  • Options
    Met him on a night out before, we tried to get him to say what he really thought of Warnock unfortunately he wouldn't, quite a nice bloke but based on his injuries I wouldn't want him
  • Options
    I only remember him Millwall days by the time he signed for Sheffield United I wasn't watching too much of football league one. Thought he was always a threat and if he could play on the left that's an excellent bonus. Personally I'd be quite happy with him, if the wages were stacked towards games.

I know he's had injury problems but he does play a fair ammount of games. Actually screw that we have a terrible record of managing niggling injuries so no! That's the difficulty we're in now getting players who don't just have things to prove but one's with issues to be managed.
  • Options
    Did you see him in the Palace game (the Luke Varney show)? He had an absolute stinker, didn't move from the half way line. Don't know how well he did last season but it must of been an improvement on that shower.
  • Options
    Reading SLP today and Millwall wanted to sign him but he was on Championship wages and they could not come to an agreement with him
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]just because who they used to play for does not mean we should say no, if hes good enough sign him! at least on a trial and see how well he does, i think would be a good buy personally[/quote]

not for you maybe but for me it does.

We've had some absolute fecking pony from palace and I've had enough.

Butterfield
    hudson
    to name 2

it's petty i know but I don't care. I hate them stripey ***** with a passion and supporting one of theirs , especially on loa NAH.
  • Options
    He's just signed a two year deal with my other club the Wellington Phoenix in the A-League.

http://www.wellingtonphoenix.com/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=28291

Wonder if Brighton know that he's moving to New Zealand....