Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bromley CCC V Lashings AllStar XI

August 12th at 14:30.
Bromley CCC in Sundridge Park/Bickley.
The Lashings team is made up of (mainly) Ex-West Indies Legends.

Comments

• Usualy get along to this fixture....free admission...spend an afternoon in the sun(hopefully) drinking Cockburns Dark Rum and Ginger Beer and a burger or two.
    Simple laidback fun....the game is only semi serious and the atmosphere is relaxed and on the day time means nothing.
    Take a deckchair/folding chair if you have one.
  • edited August 2009
    home > Fixtures & Events > Bromley CC, Bromley, Kent Bromley CC, Bromley, Kent

Status - CONFIRMED

Match to be played at:

Bromley Cricket Club
    78 Plaistow Lane
    Bromley
    Kent
    BR1 3AS

For more details, please contact
    Chris Clegg
    Email: bromleycc@f2s.com
    Tel: 0208 460 0281

home > Fixtures & Events > Bromley CC, Bromley, Kent Bromley CC, Bromley, Kent

Status - CONFIRMED
  • It is a shame this day is no where near as big as it used to be. The teams they send to Bromley now are very weak compared to what they were, also seems to be the crowd has been reducing every year
  • edited August 2009
    So who's up for this? Planning to go and will bring along a couple of bottles of champagne (leftovers from my son's wedding!) for any Charlton Lifers present as a warm-up to our day out at the 20-20 finals on Sat week.

Don't know who will be in the Lashings side on Wed, but among the former Test players they currently have on their books are Greg Blewett , Defreitas, Emburey, Hick,Gordon Greenidge, Devon Malcolm,Richie Richardson, Kallicharran , Jimmy Adams, Walsh and Ambrose, and Jason Gillespie.
  • Me !

(unless work comes in..........)
  • If i'm not playing for the Home Office team i'll pop along to this :)
  • edited August 2009
    Mrs.Mog & me will be there,weather permitting.
  • I'm heading down there today, 5 mins from my old house.
  • i'm going there soon .... think they're serving a ruby for lunch ,went last year it was good banter but the cricket was shortened due to poor weather and the weather is a bit doubtful today
  • Sponsored links:

• still going to try to make this, but there's a chance I might not...

am now going up to Northamption tomorrow mornng for last two days of Kent v Northants, as it's then just a short drive to Birmingham for finals day. That means I've got to try and do a bit of work today as I won;t be back home until Sunday (and even then Im going to England Lions v Australia at Canterbury).

If I don't see you this afternoon, MOG, see you at Edgbaston on Sat...
  • Can't make this now..i got back from Hereford at 3am and i've got a few things to do today so i'll have to give it a miss :(
  • I'll be heading back to Bromley for the game in a couple of hours time.

If you see a short-arsed, balding, bespectacled bloke in the old black Llanera away top, that will be me. Would be good to meet some fellow lifers for a pint.
  • edited August 2009
    Light drizzle here in Bromley, with the threat of a heavy downpour,damn it!
    I feel very sorry for all concerned at Bromley Cricket Club.....always their biggest attended day of the year and they depend on it a fair bit towards funding and keeping up their profile in the local community.....this fixture came a day late.......yesterday was lovely.
    I'd taken the day off to do a few boring domestic things and to get along to the game..........shame!
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Light drizzle here in Bromley, with the threat of a heavy downpour,damn it!
    I feel very sorry for all concerned at Bromley Cricket Club.....always their biggest attended day of the year and they depend on it a fair bit towards funding and keeping up their profile in the local community.....this fixture came a day late.......yesterday was lovely.
    I'd taken the day off to do a few boring domestic things and to get along to the game..........shame!

Are you there Soundas?

I suspect the beer tent will be doing ok if there is no cricket.
  • No, it's looking a bit grim P...almost cardigan weather!
  • Jimmy Floyd is there.