Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Notts County?? Is it me, or has the world gone completely mad?

Comments

• Options
    Looks like Sol Campbell is signing on a 90k a week deal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Looks like Sol Campbell is signing on a 90k a week deal.

No chance
  • Options
    dont believe you.
  • Options
    looking quite likely
  • Options
    Maybe not 90k but he is going.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Sol arriving at Notts

may not be 90k but it won't be for peanuts either.
  • Options
    Well he turned down a new contract with Pompey, so they must be offering more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Sol arriving at Notts

Sol is a big man - but his driver appears to be a giant!
  • Options
    may be about to get madder. Benjani pulled out of move to Hull City, rumoured to be joining the Sven revolution at County.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]may be about to get madder. Benjani pulled out of move to Hull City, rumoured to be joining the Sven revolution at County.
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ambitious-Notts-County-target-Manchester-City-striker-article139657.html

Yeah that would be mad if it happens, both could still play in the Prem if they wanted to and Benjani would surely score goals regularly in every league outside the Prem. He'd destroy League Two defences.

I'm sure I saw Campbell signed a 5 year contract, is that right? Surely that's far too long no matter how good a player is at his age?
  • Options
    yep, 5 years. Just in time to draw his pension !!
  • Options
    All sounds like a 5 year plan to me along the lines of:-

Yr 1 - Promoted to League 1 with a load of football mercenaries

Yr 2 - Promoted to CCC with even more football mercenaries

Yr 3 - Promoted to Prem with a load of egos / football mercenaries

Yr 4 - Mid table Prem team (Sven gets his big bonus)

Yr 5 - Owners realise that they are never going to be able to compete with the top teams and that the club is losing £300M per year as they only make £30K per year on season ticket sales and have less than 10,000 fans turn up for games in the prem. They get bored & bugger off, surprisingly no one else wants to take on Notts County so they go bust meaning some other team is now the oldest league team in the world. No one outside Nottingham really cares.
  • Options
    Reports coming out that manager Ian McParland is about to be sacked. You couldn't see that coming!
  • Options
    Misfud rumoured to be the next "big name" signing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Reports coming out that manager Ian McParland is about to be sacked. You couldn't see that coming!

Any ideas who is to take over, surley not Sven's mate David Platt?
  • Options
    Ha ha, that'll mean County's drive to promotion is over. They've always managed to fuck things up when thing are going for them. Like when they were romping tier three and Colin 'officially worst manager in history' Murphy and Steve Thompason decided to change their style of play midway through the season whilst they were top of the league.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Reports coming out that manager Ian McParland is about to be sacked. You couldn't see that coming!

Bit harsh really when he seemingly has a new signing every week to fit into his side, and probably has no idea who they're signing either! Added to that they just won 5-2 at home.
    To be honest though, no i'm not surprised. I knew he'd be going soon when i saw his face sitting next to Sol Campbell at his press conference. The look of a man completely dismayed at the media circus taking over his club.
  • Options
    Notts County players have called in the PFA after the club failed to pay their bonuses on time.

The embattled League Two club paid staff their wages on Wednesday on the final day of September.

But the players did not receive any win bonuses as expected and contacted their union immediately.

Premier League strugglers Portsmouth also had to take out a £1.8million loan yesterday to meet their wages for September.
  • Options
    Things are starting to unravel with some of these arrangements. There is no way that Notts County can generate the cash to meet it's obligations therefore they are reliant upon the owners to pump money in. Seriously rich investors like Abramovitch and the Abu Dhabi people who own Citeh don't have problems meeting the players wages. Frankly in both Portsmouth and Notts County's case, it suggests that the "owners" aren't quite as rich as they made out. Shades of Mark Hulyer maybe. People who have some wealth but not enough liquidity to meet the cashflow required to run a football club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to the NOTW :-

SVEN GORAN ERIKSSON is on the brink of quitting crisis club Notts County.

The former England boss fears County's five-year plan is built on sand following the mystery surrounding the club's owners.

There is an ongoing investigation by the Football League into the takeover of the club by Munto Finance and its credibility suffered another blow when Anwar Shafi, said to be a major investor, denied he had anything to do with County.

There is now a growing belief Eriksson will follow Sol Campbell out the Meadow Lane door.

The former England defender walked away from a five-year contract worth £40,000 a week, claiming promises had not been fulfilled.

Now Eriksson is considering the same exit strategy. A source close to County said: "Sven certainly bought into the project. But he's realising the job is not as advertised.

"It could be tomorrow, next week or the week after when he walks - but there is no feeling he's here for much longer."
  • Options
    Read a report to day that Sweden want Sven to be their new national coach.
  • Options
    And to think County used to be owned by their fans via a Supporters' Trust.

After a lot of internal dispute the majority of fans agreed to let the new owners come in.

Well at least the and fans and Trust will still be there to deal with mess afterwards.
  • Options
    And if all this is true, Sol Campbell will look like a very wise man to jump ship when he did. Although obviously not wise enough to avoid signing for them in the first place.
  • Options
    Dec Donnelly will take over.
  • Options
    Well at least the and fans and Trust will still be there to deal with mess afterwards.

The Trust gave up its seats (I think they had two) on the Board.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]Dec Donnelly will take over.

i hope it is cat deeley i would go every week then
  • Options
    Sven Goran Eriksson will be interviewing Sven Goran Eriksson for the Manager's job :-)
  • Options
    Their fans want dowie as their new boss! Haha
    seriously i think they should go for Grayson at Leeds