Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Missing in action

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Had a great day yesterday. Went to crawley. Day off work. Boozer all afternoon. Social club at half time. Back in the boozer at full time. Stayed at my mum and dads in crawley. They're on holiday at the month so a leisurely morning and another nice easy day envisaged. Left there about midday. My old dear left me a complicated set of instructions about how to lock their front door. I got so caught up with that that I was well pleased I'd done it right. Posted their keys through the door......and then realised I'd locked the keys to my flat in their house. My brothers got a spare set, but he won't get down to craawley till about 8pm, so I'm stuck. Could be worse. I'm doing a little pub crawl. But ultimately......I'm a helmet. And all for a pre season friendly (I nmissed mcleods goal too). Any suggestions what I can do with the next few hours?

Comments

• Options
    Go to that Wetherspoons thats £1.99 a pint in the town centre somewhere, came across it yesterday whilst trying to look for the bus station and a bank
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]But ultimately......I'm a helmet.

classic .... Cuff for that line you are a complete legend.. FACT
  • Options
    There must be a college or uni part of town head for around there as its end of term lots of young lasses hanging in bars near there in high spirits!!!
  • Options
    Ha ha, the university quarter of crawley!? I'm actually checking out a few boozers where I used to under age booze many moons ago. Quite funny. Don't know about students but there seems to be a few pissed up teachers out and about! Lucky b******s
  • Options
    pop along to gatwick to greet our new owners.
    they are due to land at 16.00.
    press conference at 17.30.
  • Options
    I suggest you head to Gatwick Airport to see if you can spot anyone arriving with papers marked "Highly Confidential: Charlton Takeover".
  • Options
    Good job D. What a mare though having to dwell in Crawley till 8. All in the name of a pre season friendly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]I suggest you head to Gatwick Airport to see if you can spot anyone arriving with papers marked "Highly Confidential: Charlton Takeover".

That does make me laugh when I get an email which has as the subject line: "Private and confidential - proceedings relating to x"...
  • Options
    Now might be a good time to sit down and come up with a plan to retrieve your parents keys so they can get in when they return from their holiday...
  • Options
    I'm eyeing up a curry house at the moment. I figure I can stretch an all you can eat buffet for a while.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Normally, those eat-as-much-as-you-like places are a bit grim. Still, kills a bit of time D.
  • Options
    I refuse to believe that a lunchtime buffet in a curry house on a shopping parade on the outskirts of crawley will be anything less than michelin starred!
  • Options
    Make you right D. I'm sure that Egon Ronay is a regular patron.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]Had a great day yesterday. Went to crawley. Day off work. Boozer all afternoon. Social club at half time. Back in the boozer at full time. Stayed at my mum and dads in crawley. They're on holiday at the month so a leisurely morning and another nice easy day envisaged. Left there about midday. My old dear left me a complicated set of instructions about how to lock their front door. I got so caught up with that that I was well pleased I'd done it right. Posted their keys through the door......and then realised I'd locked the keys to my flat in their house. My brothers got a spare set, but he won't get down to craawley till about 8pm, so I'm stuck. Could be worse. I'm doing a little pub crawl. But ultimately......I'm a helmet. And all for a pre season friendly (I nmissed mcleods goal too). Any suggestions what I can do with the next few hours?

I drove through Crawley on the way home from a job about an hour ago, I wouldve got you back in to get your keys but I dont have the internet in my van so would not have known you needed my services!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stop shouting[/cite]Make you right D. I'm sure that Egon Ronay is a regular patron.

As are enviormental health staff. ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]I refuse to believe that a lunchtime buffet in a curry house on a shopping parade on the outskirts of crawley will be anything less than michelin starred!

Is it the Zari?
  • Options
    It was the Curry Cottage I think! Stayed in the boozer for a bit and am now reunited with my keys! Am hoping to be home less than 24 hours after yesterdays full time whistle with any luck!
  • Options
    Cuff = legend. Two days out of your life to watch a pre-season in Crawley. I doff my cap sir!
  • Options
    Ah, home sweet home. Knackered, hungover, bloated and feeling a bit sick. That game wasn't really worth the effort. Thank god its saturday tomorrow eh?.....
  • Options
    yea,its gonna take a while to get over once the food poisoning kicks in!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i need to know now, you wasn't the same one in your group that got a cab home from the Brighton pre season friendly last year ?

If it is, then you and pre-season friendlies really need to drop the friendly bit !
  • Options
    AFKA, I was a member of that party. However, it was Off It and Gorgeous George who took the cab. I put in a creditable sprint for the last train home!
  • Options
    Talking of matches in Brighton.

Seem to remember a sadly deceased now Addick, Ian p getting a train home from Brighton after a match years ago, leaving us to spend the night in the boozers, only to find that when we got to the station (too late for train home) he was back there having fallen asleep and come back on the same train. We ended up getting a train to gatwick and about 10 of us still pissed getting something to eat at the burger king to pass a bit of time. Ian RIP a legend.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Talking of matches in Brighton.

Seem to remember a sadly deceased now Addick, Ian p getting a train home from Brighton after a match years ago, leaving us to spend the night in the boozers, only to find that when we got to the station (too late for train home) he was back there having fallen asleep and come back on the same train. We ended up getting a train to gatwick and about 10 of us still pissed getting something to eat at the burger king to pass a bit of time. Ian RIP a legend.

Agreed mate, and Keith Hansen, both legends in my eyes.
  • Options
    Yeah Keith is a hark back to my early days of going, nice bloke. RIP both and Andy K if you remember him from Albert 87 football team, another one who has sadly gone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Yeah Keith is a hark back to my early days of going, nice bloke. RIP both and Andy K if you remember him from Albert 87 football team, another one who has sadly gone.

I do mate, didn't know that, RIP Andy

Albert 87, they were the days ah mate?
  • Options
    They were indeed, a tidy little team. Andy became alcoholic and ended up on the streets, kept fighting back but falling off the wagon, such a waste of a talented bloke. His brother was club doctor for a few years in the late 80s.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]AFKA, I was a member of that party. However, it was Off It and Gorgeous George who took the cab. I put in a creditable sprint for the last train home!
    i would have missed the next two days if i had tried to sprint