Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When the takeover doesn't happen...

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Will you be less or more disappointed than the last time?

Comments

• Options
    I think just as disappointed. We need this to go through otherwise we're fcuk'd
  • Options
    It will happen so question is irrelevant
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]It will happen so question is irrelevant

Yep.Today's the day apparently, ;-)
  • Options
    Does anybody have some half reliable sources???
  • Options
    Well my trusty bottle of hp rarely let's me down
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlieee[/cite]Does anybody have some half reliable sources???

If the last four months are anything to go by then absolutely not.
  • Options
    Hard to say really.
    Last time was like being promised untold riches one minute only to have them snatched away the next.
    This time is like a long slow torture, where everything is hidden behind smoke and mirrors.
    Hiding What? The promise of a boardroom reshuffle and a whip round or as you were?
    Im ready to top myself either way.:0)
  • Options
    I've given up, and want to deal with whats in front of me, until the club goes bust its best to concentrate on the football, I realise they're probably losing money hand over fist, but we can't do anything about that yet. Instead i expect a team to play well, work hard, and represent us with some kind of pride...as i have said before, it's back to interaction with the football, and for me that simply means results. My stance is if the players and manager deliver, i will support them, but if we get more of the same old same old, then I expect I will be as critical as I feel is appropriate.
    Win matches, let the other stuff sort itself out somehow.
  • Options
    I think that it will be a massive let down purely on the basis of how long things have been "in negotiations".

You have to assume that the buyers are serious and the sellers are serious and the sticking points revolve around price/soft debt reduction/write offs. If the deal falls because of irreconcilable differences over these issues then things will be pretty bleak.
  • Options
    Choked. I see Notts County and Plymouth and Southampton deals going through and wonder why Charlton are less attractive to buyers and bearing in mind our recent history and location it concerns me greatly. We must be well and truly fu*ked if no one is interested enough to do the deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The only good point is that you don't sit down and negotiate for so long if you're not serious.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]The only good point is that you don't sit down and negotiate for so long if you're not serious.

Right.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]It will happen so question is irrelevant

I personally don't think anyone can say that for sure, not till every i is dotted and t is crossed. This has been protracted, and i get the impression at various times it has been both on and off. That makes me nervous, particularly with the season and transfer window approaching of why you would want it so drawn out if you were about to take control. Every day passed you are limiting your avenue of opportunity.

For me, i'm still very much in wait and see mode, and if it doesn't happen, then lord help us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] particularly with the season and transfer window approaching of why you would want it so drawn out if you were about to take control. Every day passed you are limiting your avenue of opportunity.

Couldn't agree more and why in this particular case, patience may not be seen in hindsight as such a virtue !
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I just want the season to start now, at least then we will have some footy to talk about, instead of endless speculation and second guessing and all that gumph, coz lets face it, no one's got a danny wots going on? VIVA LA FOOTY!!!

Oh, and i've set myself up for sweet FA happening and to keep on keeping on.............. Up the Addicks
  • Options
    If it doesn't go through now then administration might well be the next thing to deal with. As for those other deals, Southampton and so on, isn't it likely that the prospective purchasers have had exclusivity for a certain period of negotiations? So if it doesn't go through, not only are we in deeper trouble, but other potential bidders have been blocked when there might have been other interest.
    I agree we need the football to start so we have something real to hold on to; after all we are all supporters first.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Choked. I see Notts County and Plymouth and Southampton deals going through and wonder why Charlton are less attractive to buyers and bearing in mind our recent history and location it concerns me greatly. We must be well and truly fu*ked if no one is interested enough to do the deal.

that's what worries me about the length of this protracted 'takeover'
    imo the reason the zabeel deal fell through was cos they found some skeletons in the closet and they must be the reason for the delay in anyone wanting to take us over imo the debt is a lot worse than we and the buyers initially thought hence the time delay in anything being sorted
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]particularly with the season and transfer window approaching of why you would want it so drawn out if you were about to take control. Every day passed you are limiting your avenue of opportunity.

Couldn't agree more and why in this particular case, patience may not be seen in hindsight as such a virtue !

That's what I've been pondering. Have we been so interested in keeping Charlton as old style but successful Charlton that we've lost chances to become a new style but successful Charlton? RM will always act 'in the best interests of the club', but what exactly are those 'best interests? Not sure that I know anymore.
  • Options
    Val Doonican always was a slow,ponderous laid back character....you can't expect him to hurry.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]particularly with the season and transfer window approaching of why you would want it so drawn out if you were about to take control. Every day passed you are limiting your avenue of opportunity.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more and why in this particular case, patience may not be seen in hindsight as such a virtue ![/quote]

That's what I've been pondering. Have we been so interested in keeping Charlton as old style but successful Charlton that we've lost chances to become a new style but successful Charlton? RM will always act 'in the best interests of the club', but what exactly are those 'best interests? Not sure that I know anymore.[/quote]

For me it has got to the point that the best interests of the club are served by ending the destabilising speculation as soon as possible. One way or the other. If the takeover doesn't happen, i think that we need to concentrate on the new season, and forget what could be, if it drags on much longer the team stands no chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will the club even bother to tell us if the takeover falls through ? They have told us precious little in recent months. Seems inconceivable but I wouldn`t bet against it.
  • Options
    less, but last time the club wasn't about to go tits up..
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Killarahales[/cite]isn't it likely that the prospective purchasers have had exclusivity for a certain period of negotiations?
    Yes, but the exclusivity ends next Friday. So we should know eiher way pretty soon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    Yes, but the exclusivity ends next Friday. So we should know eiher way pretty soon.

ha, good stirring !

I would suspect that that exclusivity period has already ended, unless they have negotiated an extension.
  • Options
    I won't be too gutted if this t/o doesnt go through cos maybe PV's offer aint as good for the club as a lot of people assume. Will the the whole of the debt go? how much will PP be given to spend? what the short term goals are - stability or Prem in 3 seasons? etc
    Clubs in administration with winding up orders get take overs completed from start to finish within 24hrs yet this is taking months. Perhaps it would be in the best interests of both parties to make it (a little more) public to get things moving. It's gotta happen quick with transfer window closing in six weeks so if the PV deal is the best thing for the club I hope they complete soon or at least let us know what the hold up is.