Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why I'm almost certain the takeover will happen soon

As a very bad gambler i like to hedge up my emotional love of charlton by laying them to do well ...
so since the beginning of june i've been laying us to win next seasons title from between 9 to 1 and 8 to 1 on betfair....
at one stage someone has backed charlton to win the title at 13 to 2 ... all the while we have been 9 to 1 with various bookmakers!!!.... this i believe is people with inside knowledge of a takeover going through trying to be shrewd(lol)
in early july i presume the takeover looked in trouble cos on the 4th july i backed charlton to win the title at 12 to 1 and 13 to 1 , once again, i presume, people with inside knowledge of a failure in the takeover talks...
i've looked at the betting patterns of
leeds on betfair (7 to 2 favourites) £8500 matched in total between 3 to 1 and 4 to 1
norwich approx 7 to 1 £2000 matched between 6 to1 and 9 to 1
huddersfield 11 to 1 £2500 matched between 10 to 1 and 15 to 1
mk dons 10 to 1 £2600 matched between 8 to1 and 14 to 1
charlton 8 to1 £10,200 matched between 13 to 2 and 13 to 1

so you can see a lot more money been going on charlton than i would suspect considering the potentially precarious position we find ourselves in and the fact that nearly £8000 has been put on charlton at shorter odds than 9 to 1 when all summer corals have been 9 to 1 is very suspicious
and last night someone backed us at 8 to 1....
so in conclusion the people in the know are mug punters and we're deffo getting taken over.... i'll bore off now .............................

Comments

• Options
    Oohaah.......great stuff ! and if we had a "boreometer" available on this site, I would suggest that your post would be beaten by 99% of the crap we have seen on here about the "alledged" takeover during this never ending close season !

CAFC, I have £500 burning a hole in my back pocket for two adult season tickets. You will get none of it if I dont hear good positive news by season kick off. Phil Parkinson will not cut it in my book.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I think it is merely a case of a lot of people backing Charlton for promotion because of the name Charlton tbh. Your average punter will look at League 1 and see the graveyard of fallen ex Premier League teams and come to the not unnatural conclusion that one or two of them must rise again soon. With no disrespect intended to the other teams in League 1 (Millwall and Gillingham excepted) the likes of Southampton, Leeds, Charlton and Norwich should all -in an ideal world be punching a bit higher and I think that is reflected in the betting. I have lost count of the amount of people that have said to me "Charlton are going up next season- no trouble" I wish they were correct and somedays I even believe it myself but the fact is it will take an effort of history making proportions to turn last seasons pitiful efforts into anything resembling a promotion outfit, the name Charlton Athletic alone will not win us points- sadly. With a takeover and a fresh injection of money I would feel cautiously optimistic but with the team we currently have and Phil Parkinson at the helm I feel any success will be earned the hard way.
    Although with all of the above said I really hope Oohaahs feelings are spot on, it would be lovely!
    [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]

CAFC, I have £500 burning a hole in my back pocket for two adult season tickets. You will get none of it if I dont hear good positive news by season kick off. Phil Parkinson will not cut it in my book.
    Hard to disagree Soapy!
  • Options
    Interesting theory Ooh Aah, on Betdaq there is £16k matched with around a grand on us at 9-1. Interestingly there is more matched on Tranmere at 33-1, Brighton at 17-1 and Brentford at 50-1. I've not looked at the fixtures but it could be that these have a relatively easy start and punters could be backing in anticipation of laying off later this year. Personally I think we've a relatively easy start, with a tough finish, so the same could be true of the money thats down on us.
  • Options
    now 10 to 1 with ladbrookes and around 8 to 1 with betfair
  • Options
    Any sign of any Dartford Motors Rental Vans in the car park delivering extra chairs?
  • Options
    Dartford Motors used to employ a really good looking girl....cant remember her name now, but I used to hire off them all the time....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Dartford Motors used to employ a really good looking girl....cant remember her name now, but I used to hire off them all the time....

DA9(Elliot)....is yer man there now Tel...will always do his best with deals for C Lifers!
    You going for the champers Tel?
  • Options
    Champers Stu?

Bet DA 9 isnt as pretty....lol
  • Options
    See post #57 in the................. Am I Allowed thread.
  • Options
    I have better legs than most of them in here!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    charlton drifting on betfair takeover off only 10.5 to 1
  • Options
    just to add another rumour (as everyone else seems to be!), just heard that there's a staff meeting been called at the Valley tomorrow PM, all staff (inc all training ground staff) have been requested to attend by RM

...to confirm takeover to the staff first ??????

who knows...anyway, my source re the meeting is reliable, apparently nobody know's what it's about.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]just to add another rumour (as everyone else seems to be!), just heard that there's a staff meeting been called at the Valley tomorrow PM, all staff (inc all training ground staff) have been requested to attend by RM

who knows...anyway, my source re the meeting is reliable, apparently nobody know's what it's about.

They are all sacked and we are opening a giant drive through McDonalds?
  • Options
    appointment of a new tea lady - after the old one was sacked for relegating us - I reckon
  • Options
    Surely not sacked .. just retrained
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]Surely not sacked .. just retrained

As a centre Half ;)
  • Options
    the staff from the East stand would need some serious retraining to get them to Maccas standard....

:P
  • Options
    RM probably going to say anyone (staff) caught spreading rumours will be sacked on the spot (penalty spot that is).
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]just to add another rumour (as everyone else seems to be!), just heard that there's a staff meeting been called at the Valley tomorrow PM, all staff (inc all training ground staff) have been requested to attend by RM

Takeover would have to be confirmed to shareholders first, and we've not been contacted yet.

Sounds like RM motivational speech time, or maybe they're asking if anyone can play centre-back
  • Options

So could be telling them the deal is off and we're going into administration as well.

So where did this rumour come from ElthamAddick? Friend's cousin's mate overheard someone or a member of staff.

Does seem odd to have an all staff meeting as there is a game that night and lots to do, retail staff unpacking all the new shirts, catering staff getting ready for the rush.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RM saying goodbye?
  • Options
    a member of staff
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]a member of staff

Interesting, thanks for the info.
  • Options
    hmm, cue some form of announcement at tomorrow nights game..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]Takeover would have to be confirmed to shareholders first, and we've not been contacted yet.

Are you sure about that? Is it a case of in every takeover of a football club all shareholders, no matter how minor they are, must be contacted?

I'm sure someone said a while ago that's not the case, depending on the type of takeover.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]Takeover would have to be confirmed to shareholders first, and we've not been contacted yet.

Are you sure about that? Is it a case of in every takeover of a football club all shareholders, no matter how minor they are, must be contacted?

I'm sure someone said a while ago that's not the case, depending on the type of takeover.

Depends on what is happening re takeover, it might be a buyout of a few key players shares. So it may well be a farewell or clarification by RM to the remaining members of staff.
  • Options
    I think it was mentioned somewhere else this may only be sale/purchase of a majority stake - and so not necessary for a pre- announcement?
  • Options
    Don't get ya hopes up. I have a feeling we're going into admin...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Don't get ya hopes up. I have a feeling we're going into admin...
    Possibly - but not this season.
  • Options
    I think people are reading too much into things.

This sounds like a "we appreciate it must be a testing time for all of you, we thank you all for your dilligence etc" from the top, before their first real dealings with the public following the summer break.