Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

End of seasons prediction then.

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Where are we gonna be this time in may?

Im going for 8th,just missing out on the playoffs.

Comments

• Options
    champions, parky wins league 1 manager of the year, Dickson finishes top scorer with 29 goals (just beating Burton's 27) and we break the 100 point barrier with a fantastic League/Johnstone's Paint Trophy double !!!!

**goes for a lie down**
  • Options
    Realistically agree with cafc4life in my heart agree with Elthamaddick ha ha
  • Options
    Promoted by Feb.
    We will walk this league, its crap, we shouldn't even be in it.
    (I've had a liquid lunch but I'm prepared to stand by my words for the rest of today at least)
  • Options
    Your right in a way we shouldnt be in this league however never underestimate certain teams in this league this league if anything will be more physical than the Champ. Watch out ha ha
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]champions, parky wins league 1 manager of the year, Dickson finishes top scorer with 29 goals (just beating Burton's 27) and we break the 100 point barrier with a fantastic League/Johnstone's Paint Trophy double !!!!

**goes for a lie down**[/quote]

Whatever you've just drunk/sniffed/injected Elthamaddick, can I have some please
  • Options
    Champion teams win by dominating the key areas. That means between the sticks and in midfield. In Rob Elliott, Charlton have a capable 'keeper and one who will surely grow with the responsibility of being his team's (and remember, it is his team) number one. And in midfield, Charlton will dominate, home and away, with either four-man or five-man midfields: the current incumbents, Sam, Bailey, Racon, Spring, Semedo, Shelvey and Wagstaff surely represent the best wide, central, defensive and attacking midfield options of any club in the division.

Yes, I want Charlton to win the league. And, based on the above, I expect them to.

For me: first place.
  • Options
    Well yes based on the above we should win the league but realistically what teams can you look at that will cause us problems.

There is many teams lets start with Leeds home and away both difficult fixtures.

Also think of the Northern teams their fans will prob have a whole weekend of it down our way (i target Tramere here) not only will their fans relish the chance to play a once prem team but think of the players.

Dont underestimate this league will not be a walk in the park even with a full strength squad teams like Tramere dont play attractive football but they're hard as nails
  • Options
    But dont get me wrong i think we will and should do really well
  • Options
    play offs hopefully
  • Options
    I predict we finish mid table and still no word on the impending takeover, we are still in a period of consultation and unable to comment, says Murray at the last game of the season press conference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steve im with you on the take over part of that cant se it happening any time soon if it does so im going to try and forget about the TO for now and concentrate on whats on the field
  • Options
    after typing every result for every fixture in league one on the bbc predictor i have concluded we will finish 3rd behind leeds and norwich.
  • Options
    Ok putting aside my obvious views.

I have seen quite a lot of league one through my work over recent years, and as long as you get a decent start and keep the current squad reasonably injury free. Then you'll be promoted I'd say almost certainly, so with a couple of proviso's I'd be pretty confident you'll do a leicester rather than a leeds.

All the talk about the league being more physical than championship is nonsense though. Particulary in defence and attack Championship players are generally far bigger and far quicker.

Much of the league one football I have seen has been utter dross, and when you see a player (particulary in midfield) that can do a bit he usually stands out.

Its interesting that most of the teams that have come out of league one in to the championship and have done well, are very good footballing sides rather than obsessed with long ball tactics. Bristol City, Doncaster, Luton (when they came up), Preston all came up playing very good football, and being honest CAFC finished the season playing pretty well.

Still what do I know I'm just a stripey nigel! ;-)
  • Options
    you're too kind sos ... we'll do well to make the play offs if the non inspiring parky is here all season.... but if we went for the goat option we'd stand a chance if we kept this squad
  • Options
    Keep all the players and add a couple more and 1st place seems a very achievable target
  • Options
    just miss out on the play-off's unfortunately.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Keep all the players and add a couple more and 1st place seems a very achievable target

Hopefully your nephew agrees..;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I predict we finish mid table and still no word on the impending takeover, we are still in a period of consultation and unable to comment, says Murray at the last game of the season press conference.

I feel a bit like this.......

I cant allow charlton to get my hopes up... its too painful....

first 5 games... come on!!
  • Options
    I just dont know.
    Somedays I think playoffs minimum
    Others think mid table mediocrity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no idea, just hope for some consolidation at the very least
  • Options
    7th, early exit from all 3 cups
  • Options
    i think we got a good chance with the johnstones paint trophy,wembley here we come
  • Options
    Latest thought 15th, lose our cup games in the 1st round we are entered
  • Options
    Can't say I'm optimistic. We've got one centre back and no strikers worthy of the name unless someone like Dicko can kick on.

15th.
  • Options
    22nd and relegated
  • Options
    1st
  • Options
    12th, mid table mediocrity and parky to be offered a new contract when his current one expires...
  • Options
    If things don't turn out according to plan in the next couple of weeks, then bottom half. No doubt about it.
  • Options
    9th

If I'm right what do I win?

CL badge?!?!? ;-)