Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer Rumours from the Mail

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Please sink if this has been done

Shelvey to Ipswich £2m
Jaidi from Brum
Fortune to Sheff Yoo

Comments

• Options
    The Sun reckons that Bailey is going to Reading for 1mill!
  • Options
    Current Bun state today

Jonjo to Ipswich
    Bailey to Reading
    Fortune to Sheff u
  • Options
    Probably a big club like Ipswich have granted us a pre season friendly as part of Shelvey's transfer fee:-(
  • Options
    If/when JJ goes im pretty sure it will be for more than £2m and im more than pretty sure it will be a bigger club than Ipswich!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Redvalleyeast[/cite]If/when JJ goes im pretty sure it will be for more than £2m and im more than pretty sure it will be a bigger club than Ipswich!![/quote]

Please don't talk sense, it confuses people.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Redvalleyeast[/cite]If/when JJ goes im pretty sure it will be for more than £2m and im more than pretty sure it will be a bigger club than Ipswich!!

Please don't talk sense, it confuses people.

Two words: Roy Keane.

Who better to coach an ambitious young midfielder?
  • Options
    Ipswich??!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

not going to happen!
  • Options
    Funny how we get very little talk of transfer 'rumours' for some time and then suddenly all in one day there's quite a bit?
  • Options
    Len, you need to read some of what Ipswich fans are already saying about him. He's already being seen by some as a manager who needs a lot of money to build a team (the O'Leary model) and others are unconvinced by his tactics.
  • Options
    If Delph hasn't left leeds despite big offers coming in i reckon we can hang on to him for now.

My only worry is if Arsenal, Spuds or Westham make a bid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunately in our current financial state 'money talks'. So we aren't in a good bargaining position when selling anyone.

Fortune would go for nothing I guess as (as far as I know) he hasn't signed a new contract with us!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Two words: Roy Keane.

Who better to coach an ambitious young midfielder?

head on chopping block here - Roy Keane is a hopeless manager!!!!!
  • Options
    Baily to Reading i can see, once they have off loaded Hunt, the stumbling block is that their is no bidders in for Hunt, even though Reading have reduced his valuation, the last two weeks of August will be very busy
  • Options
    JJ to Ipswich is the most ridiculous rumour I've heard in a long time.

Almost on a par with Spurs in the 80s when they used to regularly claim they were set to sign Maradona...
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]head on chopping block here - Roy Keane is a hopeless manager!!!!!

He may be a hopeless manager yes but a keen, ambitious, talented young midfielder could learn a lot from him.

Not too far to travel and a regular slot in a Championship side.

I hope it doesn't happen of course but one could argue that it "ticks all the boxes" for the next stage of Jonjo's development.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Jonjo (i remember uncle saying) stated Liverpool for his role model Stevie "I broke his face before he even threw a punch" Gerrard or West Ham the team he supports Only

and that Uncle will ridicule him if he goes to Chelsea
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Interesting points Len. But if we were still in the Championship we would all be worried that Jonjo would be looking for a move to the Premier League soon. Would he really want the upheaval of leaving the club he's been at for so long just for a short-term step of some championship football and the chance to work with keane? Maybe he'd be better off playing some league one football with a club he's settled at and waiting for bigger clubs to come along.
  • Options
    Jonjo to Ipswich thats almost as crazy as say Alan Simonson to Charlton............NOW THAT IS BONKERS!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Len, you need to read some of what Ipswich fans are already saying about him. He's already being seen by some as a manager who needs a lot of money to build a team (the O'Leary model) and others are unconvinced by his tactics.[/quote]

Surprised he hasn't splashed out on a striker. I wonder if Lisbie has a future there, given that he was commuting from London and Keane wanted his squad locally based. I wonder if we could afford him if he became available?
  • Options
    Don't worry he'll not go to Ipswich - that's not the Charlton way; not this early in the summer anyway. We'll wait until two days before the transfer deadline, when it's too late to get a replacement ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Don't worry he'll not go to Ipswich - that's not the Charlton way; not this early in the summer anyway. We'll wait until two days before the transfer deadline, when it's too late to get a replacement ;-)

Replacement? You think the Shelvey money would go toward a replacement.Not a chance.

Help Keep our head above water for a few more weeks more like.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Len, you need to read some of what Ipswich fans are already saying about him. He's already being seen by some as a manager who needs a lot of money to build a team (the O'Leary model) and others are unconvinced by his tactics.[/quote]

Surprised he hasn't splashed out on a striker. I wonder if Lisbie has a future there, given that he was commuting from London and Keane wanted his squad locally based. I wonder if we could afford him if he became available?[/quote]

what , Lisbie? he's a promising talent,maybe we should take a punt on him as one for the future
  • Options
    Do u think we could put the number for the Samaritans up at the top of the page?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Len, you need to read some of what Ipswich fans are already saying about him. He's already being seen by some as a manager who needs a lot of money to build a team (the O'Leary model) and others are unconvinced by his tactics.[/quote]

They are saying that before Ipswich have kicked a ball in anger?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Len, you need to read some of what Ipswich fans are already saying about him. He's already being seen by some as a manager who needs a lot of money to build a team (the O'Leary model) and others are unconvinced by his tactics.

They are saying that before Ipswich have kicked a ball in anger?!

Yeah and they say our fans are finicky! ;0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Don't worry he'll not go to Ipswich - that's not the Charlton way; not this early in the summer anyway. We'll wait until two days before the transfer deadline, when it's too late to get a replacement ;-)

Replacement? You think the Shelvey money would go toward a replacement.Not a chance.

Help Keep our head above water for a few more weeks more like.

I like to argue with you. But I just can't!