Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shirt sponsorship

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Will CL be sponsoring a shirt this season.....?

Comments

• Options
    Already done ours on Addicksdownunder....We have Bailey again.....for the time being anyway.
  • Options
    Good point Solid. Do we not get the option of renewing last season's? (whoever they were).
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Good point Solid. Do we not get the option of renewing last season's? (whoever they were).

Gray and Shelvey.

Maybe waiting to see if they are still here but the club let you transfer it to another player if your one leaves. We (Bromley Addicks) had Andy Reid when he was sold and picked up Andy Gray to replace him.
  • Options
    They called me last week asking if i wanted to renew Gray and Shelvey.

I said i was currently unsure because:

a. it looked like one or both might not be here next season
    b. like many others, a number of people who contributed are either unsure or unhappy in what is currently happening at the club
    c. That i personally thought it was disgusting that given only something like a 1/4 of the sponsorships were filled last season, and that we have since been relegated, that they have not reduced the price of sponsorships by even a penny.

And although i did not say to them this...

d. A number of people who pledged did not pay

I said we would think about it, and to send the email with all the details.

Never got the email.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

name and shame em or have they already been banned....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]They called me last week asking if i wanted to renew Gray and Shelvey.

I said i was currently unsure because:

a. it looked like one or both might not be here next season
    b. like many others, a number of people who contributed are either unsure or unhappy in what is currently happening at the club
    c. That i personally thought it was disgusting that given only something like a 1/4 of the sponsorships were filled last season, and that we have since been relegated, that they have not reduced the price of sponsorships by even a penny.

And although i did not say to them this...

I said we would think about it, and to send the email with all the details.

Never got the email.

fair points all of them people that didnt pay that aint funny, did you have to stump up for it smudge if so you should have said on the coach to derby i am sure we would have collected enough to cover it
  • Options
    Defo

Bastards that didn't pay up!
  • Options
    Also, they made a big thing at the start of last season regarding sponsorship that you wil be shown on the big screen. Last i heard, the big screen may not be used ??

To be honest, i'm more than happy to organise it again, i just think given the circumstances the club have take the piss a bit not dropping the price a little.
  • Options
    Fair enough AFKA, I'd still be up for throwing in a £10 this year.

One alternative, and maybe what Bromley Addicks will do also, is to wait until January when they discount the prices and pick up one or two then. You still get the same benefits only maybe not the same choice of players.

Poor of whoever it was not to send an email.

Shame on people who didn't pay up. If you are in a hole for the cash I'd stump up some of it.
  • Options
    i am up for it again if we do it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Defo

Is anyone else thinking

"Did I pay AFKA? Sure I did but can't remember"
  • Options
    Me 2
  • Options
    Count me in This Year please AFKA:
    Will pay up front if needed.....
  • Options
    i know i paid for 2 things cant remember what though i am sure he would have whispered me if i hadnt so i guess i did
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]I never paid up but I don't give a fuck

Typical Millwall
  • Options
    god im sure i paid also?
  • Options
    build a bonfire
    build a bonfire
    put the groucho on the top
    put the millwall in the middle
    and burn the fucking lot.... ;oD
  • Options
    oh AND

e. Having whispered my home address to a vast array of people, i then sustained a few months of Mr A Bartram getting a sackload of brochures from every tourist board in the country. grrr
  • Options
    Me too
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Defo

Is anyone else thinking

"Did I pay AFKA? Sure I did but can't remember"
    Me too Henners, although I remember coming in late and missed the boat on JJ's, not sure if I was included on Gray's.
  • Options
    you never?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Name and Shame
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]oh AND

e. Having whispered my home address to a vast array of people, i then sustained a few months of Mr A Bartram getting a sackload of brochures from every tourist board in the country. grrr

Shouldn't laugh but ; - )

maybe do it cash/paypal in advance only.
  • Options

One of my friends thought that it would be a good 'laugh' to do the same sort of thing to me a good few years ago except it wasn't travel brochure's....That's all I'm saying except my mum wasn't very impressed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]

One of my friends thought that it would be a good 'laugh' to do the same sort of thing to me a good few years ago except it wasn't travel brochure's....That's all I'm saying except my mum wasn't very impressed.
    lmao
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Did the same thing to a mate at work. Cause he's 10 years older than all of us and bald, we signed him up to hair restoration and stair lift sites...

Not a week goes by where he doesnt get a email or phone call :-)

Back on topic, I'd be up for chucking a tenner in.
  • Options

well funny not
    people=c***s until proven otherwise
  • Options
    Christensen and Spring are the only two certainties to still be here:-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Christensen and Spring are the only two certainties to still be here:-(

My vote is that we sponsor Chritiansen to light the burden on the new owners.
  • Options
    was christensen at the last do???
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]I never paid up but I don't give a fuck[/quote]

Typical Millwall[/quote]

Erm, excuse me? Since when the f**k did I ever comment on your shirt sponsorship?