Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dear Mr Murray

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Dear RM
I am a shareholder and feel that i should explain something to you. It may(as is) wondered in some circles why after three years of total kak the fans and shareholders havnt been screaming for blood and the Valley hasnt seen scenes of total mass havoc. Well some would say its down to the usual train spotters lack of passion, this is however just put about by some of the bermonsey pikeys. We the CAFC fans owe a two fold debt to yourself, the first:
Moral Debt:
without yourself stepping up (and a few others) we wouldnt have our days in the sun. there would have been no Curbs,no Valley and no Prem football. this moral debt, for those great days does not have an endless time span to it. Time dimes the memory of the good times very fast.
Cash Debt:
None of the small shareholders , general fans can ever match your huge commitment cash wise to CAFC. without the ££££ where would we have been ? The fact that so many BISNESS mistakes have been made in the last three years should really have us shareholders screaming for the Boards heads and tabling EAGM points by the page full----it hasnt happened though has it ? Why ? well who could buy up the debt or take on your commitment ? No one single person these days. The fact that we get a bogus vote at the AGM and arnt undertaking motions of "loss of confidence" shouldnt be seen as an endorsment of the Board.
These two reasons are why as a whole we have been muted in our disquiet over what has happened at our club in the last 3 seasons.

Lately following this club is like having a life long friend of some 40+ years with a terminal illness. You want to help, but cant except be there for support. As your not a relative you get no info, and what you do get from the medical peeps is in Medico-Speak which no one understands. Sound familiar ? there is a rumour that your mate may be able to get atransplant ,but no one knows if its true, without it he may die, but no one saying anything-----------you live in hope for him though.

Comments

• Options
    well put
  • Options
    what he said
  • Options
    Fourthed.
  • Options
    trouble is GH they put the announcement on the OS last week and thats as good as we are going to get until it falls through.I don't think there are many people left now who actually think it will happen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]trouble is GH they put the announcement on the OS last week and thats as good as we are going to get until it falls through.I don't think there are many people left now who actually think it will happen.

Why don't the board just put us out of our misery and tell us the takeover is off and we have to sell players to ward off admin. Just my gut feeling
  • Options
    cos its not off yet.
  • Options
    Cause the deal isn't dead, and might even be going through.
  • Options
    well put GH its not flat lined yet the machines still peeping i think shhhhhhhh listen
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]trouble is GH they put the announcement on the OS last week and thats as good as we are going to get until it falls through.I don't think there are many people left now who actually think it will happen.

Why don't the board just put us out of our misery and tell us the takeover is off and we have to sell players to ward off admin. Just my gut feeling
    There won't be any admin. This isn't rose-tinted rubbish: you just wouldn't drive an organisation into admin when it owes you money. That said, I basically agree, except that players will be sold to reduce directorial debt and cover running costs.
  • Options
    If you arent going to get even 50% of your investment back, maybe it would make sense to go into administration.....youd get a huge tax credit......just a thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]cos its not off yet.
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Cause the deal isn't dead, and might even be going through.

i really would love to believe you two,but unfortunately it's dragged on for far 2 long, i think we are basicaaly fecked and the soul of our club is ebbing away.
  • Options
    We should be the soul of out club steve...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]

There won't be any admin. This isn't rose-tinted rubbish: you just wouldn't drive an organisation into admin when it owes you money. That said, I basically agree, except that players will be sold to reduce directorial debt and cover running costs.

if you run out of cash and have no overdraft, you wouldn't have an option - once all your saleable assets were gone. So a 'slow' death as mentioned in the MoS
  • Options
    well close of business now and another week passed with no news. Im sure all parties are still attempting to do something. Although not sure why im sure ! No news isnt good news though.
  • Options
    I have moved over to the sceptics, I am fed up with being fobbed off and want to know whether I should go to Prague for two addicks stag do's or watch us play wycombe at home with less quality in our team than last season! Yikes, I think I know the answer and fear my ST may be utilised less than last season. Oh well, life goes on, but for the first time since I was wondering why the hero of the battle of Trafalgar was so disliked at the valley I would gladly join a sack the board protest if nothing happens between now and the second home game, being that I will be making a silent protest for the wycombe game with very little blood in my alcohol.
  • Options
    The Club has my money.

That appears to be it's sole concern.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The Club has my money.

That appears to be it's sole concern.

I find it hard to disagree with that Len :(
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What Len says, WTF is going on?

Edit

Sorry, my calm don't care everything will be ok attitude lasted about 5 minutes. Not like me really, something is not right at the club.
  • Options
    I Think something is defo going on,could be yet more job losses next week,by tuesday by all accounts.
  • Options
    SACK THE BOARD!

They wish, bet they wish they never got into this footy lark in the first place.

But guys, come on, were adults, level with us about the situation and you will find a lot of support for your predicament and possibly some financial assistance. We all know you are fans and want the same as us. Honesty is the best policy, if it has gone tits tell us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is always darkest before the dawn.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]It is always darkest before the dawn.

god i hope you are right
  • Options
    yeah but is it though surely its lighter before the dawn?
  • Options
    Great post GH.

Hold on, mate. If it was dead, they'd say so.
  • Options
    It's the old "cut your losses" position. As I see it the board are keeping the club afloat, firstly emotionally as fans but also in the hope that somebody will come along and take the club off their hands and perhaps defray some of the money they have pumped in. If nobody is prepared to buy the club and pay something for it, other than what they might pay to buy its assets in the event of administration, the current principal shareholders have to decide whether to cut their losses or continue to underwrite the clubs debts. Key to that decision is whether they can stablise the clubs finances so that costs can be aligned with revenue going forward.

It seems to me that that position is being thrashed out at the moment. Clearly if Mick Collins is right, there is considerable doubt that the club has yet stablised the finances. On the other hand, there will probably be a fall back position which may allow them to do this by selling off all the player assets such as Shelvey, Bailey and Racon and maybe mortgaging the ground. Clearly Murray and Co will be suggesting to the buyers that now would be a good time to buy so that they can keep hold of these assets.
  • Options
    My thoughts entirely Bing, feel the longer this drags on the more damaged the club and particularly the relationship between board and fans.
  • Options
    If we have to sell sell sell to get to a position of balance, and then start all over again, then bring it on. I don't want to lose all the players, and everything else, but if that's what it takes to survive, then we have to do it....and then get a manager who makes the most of what remains, rather than moaning endlessly about what we need... balance the books, and then stick 11 players out there who play like they care, even if they're not all 'kin Ronaldo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I have moved over to the sceptics, I am fed up with being fobbed off and want to know whether I should go to Prague for two addicks stag do's or watch us play wycombe at home with less quality in our team than last season! Yikes, I think I know the answer and fear my ST may be utilised less than last season. Oh well, life goes on, but for the first time since I was wondering why the hero of the battle of Trafalgar was so disliked at the valley I would gladly join a sack the board protest if nothing happens between now and the second home game, being that I will be making a silent protest for the wycombe game with very little blood in my alcohol.

Believe me mate, you're much better off coming to Prague with us
  • Options
    It was never in doubt, I was just joshing, but didn't expect anyone on here being too simple to see that. I should of known it would be one of my "special" friends. Are you on the èarly flight with us or arriving late at night with Kev?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]It was never in doubt, I was just joshing, but didn't expect anyone on here being too simple to see that. I should of known it would be one of my "special" friends. Are you on the èarly flight with us or arriving late at night with Kev?

Afternoon flight. Kev mentioned that one of the Prague teams are at home on the Saturday and we might pop along (will probably be better than Wycombe!)