Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Never have I felt so flat about my football club

TELTEL
edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Never have I felt as flat about Charlton as I do right now. I feel like Ive had the Charlton life squeezed slowly out of me.....Usually Im like a kid at a party at this time of year....looking forward to the friendlies and the big kick off. The way I feel has nothing to do with the division we are in......its all about the apathetic attitude of those who run our club, the ones who have collectively mis-managed us to where we sit now....Im so tired of the all the bullshit surrounding the club, I dont feel any affinity to any of the players or the manager.....just the badge and the Valley and that red shirt who so many have worn with utter disregard in the last 3-4 years. Somebody needs to get a hold of this club, and give it a real good hard shake....its all become far too comfortable, and we all know we cannot live off of past glories...to the 9,000 who have recommited to the club with hard earned money in such a hard economic climate, I tip my hat to you....to those that have managed to lose us the other 14,000 season ticket holders we had just three short years ago.....you ought to hold your heads in shame.

Comments

• Options
    great post exactly how I feel,to leave us dangling with this takeover bollox is doing my head in,i just dont care anymore.
  • Options
    Although im with you in a sense. I do still feel a certain sense of pride whenever i go to a match because im born and bred in the area and dont live there now so it means allot more to me. However if you dont share my passion for the area for example if you are part of our big Kent fan base i can see were you are coming from.

Try to be posotive mate i know its not easy.
  • Options
    well said no decent signings players meant to be leaving really looking forward to this season am i bollocks sort it out charlton oh b4 i 4 get never mind izale is back beep beep .
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Same here....was getting the vibe all this week that today was going to be a red letter day....... one way or the other and that was from a couple of guys at the club.....they must be down in the dumps too with the seeming lack of progress.
    To make matters worse all we got this morning was a load of media transfer rumours....largely about argueably our best three players being on their way out the door (are we being primed for something unpleasant here?) and nothing positive whatsoever.......the agony continues....to the point of abject apathy and resignation wherever one looks....even black humour is lost on me now.....I need a holiday in the sun to be honest and get away from all of this....problem is, in this recession, I have to stay at the helm and can't get away for more than the odd couple of days here and there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Although im with you in a sense. I do still feel a certain sense of pride whenever i go to a match because im born and bred in the area and dont live there now so it means allot more to me. However if you dont share my passion for the area for example if you are part of our big Kent fan base i can see were you are coming from.

I'm begining to have some serious doubts about your agenda Ru.
    I repeat...Ru...ru real?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Although im with you in a sense. I do still feel a certain sense of pride whenever i go to a match because im born and bred in the area and dont live there now so it means allot more to me. However if you dont share my passion for the area for example if you are part of our big Kent fan base i can see were you are coming from.

I was born on the Milne Estate mate....

[cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Same here....was getting the vibe all this week that today was going to a red letter day....... one way or the other and that was from a couple of guys at the club.....they must be down in the dumps too with the seeming lack of progress.
    To make matters worse all we got this morning was a load of media transfer rumours....largely about argueably our best three players being on their way out the door (are we being primed for something here?) and nothing positive whatsoever.......the agony continues....to the point of abject apathy and resignation wherever one looks....even black humour is lost on me now.....I need a holiday in the sun to be honest and get away from all of this....problem is, in this recession, I have to stay at the helm and can't get away for more than the odd couple of days here and there.

Same here Stu...also had a company go into admin on me this week to the tune of £18k........Was going to try and get away for a long weekend next week...will have to see how it goes.
  • Options
    Nice one Tel....£18,000....no one could swallow that and sleep well at night!
  • Options
    Its gone mate, and nothing I can do about it. Just have to regroup and get on with it. (it does hurt though)
  • Options
    Brilliant post! Feel exactly the same way. Been totally committed since 1962, but right now I couldn't give a monkey's toss about Charlton. Feel completely let down by directors, management and players. Even in the darkest days of the early '70's and then again by 1984 everyone did their best. What i'd give now for a a Theo Foley, a Lennie, a Killer or a Peter Shirtliff, all absolutely committed to the cause. From mid table security in the Prem to the old 3rd division in 3 years. Well done to everybody involved, you must be proud of yourselfs.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Although im with you in a sense. I do still feel a certain sense of pride whenever i go to a match because im born and bred in the area and dont live there now so it means allot more to me. However if you dont share my passion for the area for example if you are part of our big Kent fan base i can see were you are coming from.

Try to be posotive mate i know its not easy.[/quote]

I'm begining to have some serious doubts about your agenda Ru.
    I repeat...Ru...ru real?[/quote]

Im just trying to be posotive in dark times sue me for being supportive if you like but i feel supporters that turn up week in week out (no matter the league) seem to be in a minority.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    were you born in 1986 ru or a supporter since then?
  • Options
    I was born on the Milne Estate mate....

O rite yea i know are you still a resident now Telnotinoz?
  • Options
    Totally agree with the original post.
    And, mistrollin's point is really good too. Even when we've been in the mire before you've known there are people you can trust and hang your hat on. Definitely don't have that anymore. Players, manager, board. Don't have any faith in any of them.
    I know you can't jeopardise negotiations etc etc but the total lack of communication from the club is insulting.
    And whereas I would normally be looking forward to the season now and planning away days....I can't raise myself for it.
    Have got a season ticket though but dreading it.
  • Options
    Have to agree, 35 years of Charlton and never thought i would feel like this about our club. Have brought my season ticket but can't say that I will be using it much as even thinking about Charlton at the moment is just depressing.
  • Options
    They say it is the darkest just before the dawn. So here's hoping!!
  • Options
    This is just shit. I've pretty much given up hope now. We are f**ked.

I need to forget about football and go to the pub.
  • Options

This is a strange/broad statement to make.
  • Options
    Very odd, I was brought up around there, but still had a Kent post code. Doesn't mean anything really, my heart is still in the club as much as those who live in SE7. In fact I would bet there are more addicks in DA7 DA5 DA17 CT21 etc
    than there are in SE7
  • Options
    Times are sad when true fans like Tel start to feel like this, i thought i was alone in some of those thoughts and i am glad i am not.

CAFC RIP thats how i feel

the club no matter if it gets taken over or not has died in many ways through this Takeover and piss poor mgmt decisions

the lack of communication the piss being taken out of the fans and the fans forum if i am honest they have been mugged off royally IMO

great post Tel spot on
  • Options
    What do people want the club to say? We feel your pain? or minute by minute updates of what's happening in the boardroom?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just you wait, six points from our first two games and all your Prozac will be on EBay....
  • Options
    This is getting a tad depressing :(
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Rothko

do you feel that the club has behaved in a way that you would expect or deem reasonable,

if you do fair play in many ways i feel that the FF has been exposed as a PR tool only and not a very good one, they have allowed this situation to impact on the playing side of a club in free fall their divering and dather will cost us huge this year, the fact Parky is still in charge when senior members of the board stated he wouldnt,

the whole of last season was a shambles decision wise and this season has started the same,

i dont want constant up dates i just wanted to see Charlton attacking this season early on setting down the markers for what we are going to do

we are left with 1 CB at the club

we have no idea what is happening upfront do you?

Is Gray still here or gone?

Is bailey staying or going?

Is fortune staying or going?

this is not the position that is stable or useful for this club

weeks have passed in fact months and we are in a worse position now than we were at the end of the season, the mgr is asking for 5 players so he can compete we are days away from the start of the season and all of the above lays firmly on the boards shoulders
  • Options
    What nla said.

Just gone on too long now, when will it end?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    the vast majority of the Board only invested for luxury seats at away grounds in the premiership and in the hope of selling out at a massive profit once they got bored. Murray could manage them when all was going well but when the freefall started and their investment was disappearing even he could not hold it all together.
  • Options
    this is not an attack on muzza but criticism of everyone on the board and mgr positions within the club, my main sorrow is for Tel and the guys on the FF look deep into your souls chaps and tell me you dont feel used
  • Options
    Tel

Great post.

I remember going to Selhurst from Kingston to watch something called Charlton Athletic, but I didnt get to go home and have lunch with my folks, and then head off to the Valley with my Dad to do the one thing we were still doing together since I was 8 years old. I was ready to give up.

Then somebody shoved a leaflet in my hand. It was headed "Voice of the Valley"< I read it and realised everybody else felt the same way as me. And the rest is history.

Reading your post gave me a lift like that.

While there is silence from them, there's still hope...
  • Options
    soon it will be time for the club to do SOMETHING - either agree to a deal, whatever the consequences or turn it down and go it alone, even if it meand going into administration. We simply can't keep treading water any longer, we have to SINK or SWIM

On an earlier post a few weeks ago I said that if nothing had been sorted by the time we lay ipswich then it will be time for action by the fans..........and time is slowing running out. As every day passes more & more players are being signed up by other clubs and now even out most loyal players (Fortune , Holland, randolp) are looking at pastures new. Before we know it Aug 8th will be here and we will have a squad as threadbear as Rab C Nesbits vest.

I am starting to feel sorry for parkinson now - he has his hands tied and god knows how he managed to pursuad LLera & Dickinson to sign for us...perhaps they don't read the papers !

Next tuesday could be fun !
  • Options
    it is so depressing as a football supporter of this club for 33 years to see us where we are now, so soon after living the dream
    and as an eternal pessimist, even in my worst thoughts when curbs left, i didn't believe we'd be this low in such a short space of time
    absolutely gutted beyond belief as to this situation
    and yes we all know worse things happen at sea and it's only a game of football and that putting things into perspective in the real world it means nothing BUT charlton is a monster part of many lives and to see the club where it is now is painful
  • Options
    It might be worth noting that most of the posters on this thread are not your normal rent a moan mob, we are genuinely worried about the future of our club and cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel.