Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

True Comedy

From the OS: "News that season-ticket holders who are members of Valley Gold receive greater priority when purchasing tickets for next month's away match against Hartlepool United emphasised the value of joining the scheme. With a limited allocation of 964 seats for travelling supporters at Victoria Park on Saturday, August 15th (3pm), demand is expected to be high for Charlton's first ever match at the stadium."

Hahahahaha, does anyone on any planet imagine we will take even 200 (of our 964 allocation) there? Seriously, the OS is deliberately on a wind up now. Truly hilarious.

Comments

• Options
    Not necessarily so.

Its a Saturday afternoon (not, as many of our matches to godforsaken shitholes like Grimsby have been in the past, a Tuesday night.
    The weather is likely to be at least reasonable as its so early in the season.
    We've never played there before, so it will be a new ground for most.

I think we're likely to get more than 200 (though obviously won't even come close to selling out). If I wasn't working I'd be going meself (and I only go to about three away games a year)
  • Options
    New ground = more fans - simple; I'd be there if I didn't live 8 timezones away.
  • Options
    Well yes....but I still think we'll struggle to get 3 to 4 hundred...distance and time of year(school hols) plus recession....the OS clearly haven't thought this one through.
  • Options
    964 seats. bollox.2 mini buses should cover it
  • Options
    I rang up the ticket office for a ticket and they told me I had to wait until they went on general release, I asked how many had they sold and was told 'Not selling as fast as expected and would probably be on general release soon'...Then he tried to sell the VG to me...Then I hung up...