Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jumping ship

Well I'm jumping ship. Not giving up on the club, fraid I can't ever do that despite the torment at the moment, but the wife wants to return to Aus and so we're off. Still working out the finer details but it looks as if we'll be gone by the end of the year and so this will be my last season with the mighty Addicks. Going to try and get in as many games as I can before we leave and will have to support from afare. Hopefully CAFC TV works down under!!!

Anyone know of a supporters group in Perth by the way or Addicks supporters groups in Aus in general?!?!?

Have also been doing research on the local team in Perth as will still need to get my fix and have found out that Perth does have a team in the A-League and they're called Perth Glory!

Skippy soccer

I know everyone will now be saying WTF but apart from Charlton I've always tried to follow the local team as well!!!!! So am going to adopt them as my second team, go to the games etc etc. Seem to have quite a good following and a supporters group (http://www.gloryboys.net and http://www.gloryshed.com.au) but somehow I reckon it won't compare to Charlton Life. :-( Hey-ho. Maybe Charlton could do a pre-season there!!!!!!!!!

Have also found out that Andy Todd plays for the Glory. So at least that's one familar face even though he did have that bust up with Deano! ;-)

Comments

• Options
    What you been convicted for ?

;-)
  • Options
    Nothing that I'm going to admit to on here!!!! I'm going to go and preach to the great unclean! My church is the Valley after all. ;-)
  • Options
    Good luck Sideways one less Addick in TFL
  • Options
    All the best Sideways.
  • Options
    Leave the Ashes when go ;)
    Good luck to you and your family.
  • Options
    Good luck cobber.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    "Whats yer favrite color Blue" ?
    "Whats yer name Shelia" ?

makes me laugh.
  • Options
    Well welcome mate Perth is great, and yes there are us who follow charlton from downunder, went with the boy to Perth glory last week playing Wolves and Fulham it is not the Valley. But its something. Goodluck
  • Options
    Whisper TELINOZ he will put you right
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi Mate....www.addicksdownunder.freeforums.org

We have got quite a few people in various locations around Australia and NZ with regular meet ups...had a meet in Perth last December, in a pub called the Old Bailey....just join the forum and Lee, Christian, Ian etc will put you right on all things Perth related...

Although Im based here in England at the moment, I hope to catch up with you sometime at one of the events downunder.

Tel
  • Options
    Well, my brother lives in Melbourne.

Then again he's a gooner, so not much help there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Hi Mate....www.addicksdownunder.freeforums.org

We have got quite a few people in various locations around Australia and NZ with regular meet ups...had a meet in Perth last December, in a pub called the Old Bailey....just join the forum and Lee, Christian, Ian etc will put you right on all things Perth related...

Although Im based here in England at the moment, I hope to catch up with you sometime at one of the events downunder.

Tel

Sounds good. Will sign-up and give them a shout a little nearer the time. Aiming to be out there by November / December '09. Good to know that I'll be near some fellow Addicks. From the looks of it there's at least one other in Perth in the form of CAFCinPerth. Good news! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Well, my brother lives in Melbourne.

Then again he's a gooner, so not much help there.

Errrr....thanks mate! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcinperth[/cite]Well welcome mate Perth is great, and yes there are us who follow charlton from downunder, went with the boy to Perth glory last week playing Wolves and Fulham it is not the Valley. But its something. Goodluck

Did Andy Todd play?!?!?! If so did he kick off with his own players? ;-)

What's the support like at the stadium? From looking at the supporters sites it says they're one of the more vocal set of fans. True or is it it a load of bull?
  • Options
    Good luck...

At least no more cold, damp miserbable winters, or cold damp miserable summers either.
  • Options
    Ta. Should be fine. Mrs Sideways is an Aussie so I've kinda been inducted already and have been out there so many times now it almost feels like a home from home. The thing I'm going to miss most is the footie and all the bits that come with it. (Banter, mates, pubs). Ho-hum, at least I'll have CL to get my fix as well as Addicks Down Under! :-)