Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Waggott,Kavanagh,Caplin

How the feck can a club in the 3rd tier of English football afford to employ 3 people basically doing the same job,surely
one person would suffice.Statures of grandeur.

Comments

• Options
    SORT IT OUT
  • Options
    Listen, those three people are paid a pittance of your season ticket money as administrators, they are not responsible for any decisions made, they do what they're told by the owners. Or repeat what they're told by the playing staff, as in Steve Waggott told us the players 'dedicated' last seasons win at Southampton to the soon to be made, administered by Waggott, redundant staff. I wonder if any of them is a qualified accountant.
  • Options
    very tongue in cheek seth,but when cost cutting 2 out of 3 should have gone.
  • Options
    northstandsteve, be careful what you say here, the people you have mentioned have friends.
  • Options
    One does a different job to the other two.
  • Options
    See, at least one of the jobs is so important it takes two people to do it!
  • Options
    you talking about the geordie smiler?
  • Options
    are you suggesting he has put on weight!?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]One does a different job to the other two.[/quote]

Cleans there shoes?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]One does a different job to the other two.

couldn't that person do all 3 jobs,let's be honest how many other div 3 clubs (and we are div 3 sod premiership championship rubbish) would have 3 different positions.Total crap and imho very very embarrasing,the board should hang their heads in shame spending that money on wages could pay the wages towards a player.we aint a big club anymore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Or repeat what they're told by the playing staff, as in Steve Waggott told us the players 'dedicated' last seasons win at Southampton
    A lot of the players weren't told who was going, and were generally shielded from the process, in case it upset them in some way, I'm surprised at that.

Understandable I guess,. given the fine run of form they were in...
  • Options
    northstandsteve, could you do, say, Steve Waggotts job? Let alone any of the other two, it's tough, but at least you don't have to make any decisions, that's left up to the owners. Are you any good at administration, could you write for the programme, and could you manage without an assistant? In addition could you look at the books and report we're fecked? These are tough jobs, have you ever wondered why the likes of say, Barnet, are in a lower league than us....because they don't have a Waggott, a Caplin or a Kavanagh to guide them, you'll see the benefits of such a strong admininstration team on Saturday when we play at Underhill......doh!
  • Options
    are we not being guided to the lower leagues by these three?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: chingfordjim[/cite]are we not being guided to the lower leagues by these three?

What specifically is it that you, and others, think they're doing that you'd handle differently?
  • Options
    I don't think one person could do all 3 but certainly 2 could do a job instead of 3. I think 2 don't realise what the other does and couldn't do it themselves imo. I don't think writing for the programme is on any of those 3 job descriptions either.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    One thing that could happen is to go on a course and qualify as an accountant.
  • Options
    suzi, I hope your comment means we may be spared the Steve Waggott column in the programme.
  • Options
    I doubt it it very much.
  • Options
    my point is that these positions may well be justified in the premiership but div 3 you are having a fucking laugh and no I aint editing that because the fact all 3 are there is a bloody disgrace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    northstandsteve, any idea how many season tickets we have to sell to pay the three wages by any chance?....I wonder if we have to sell 1000 season tickets to pay their combined wages, what do you think?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how many do we have to sell for £150-£200k ?
  • Options
    I reckon they're on a higher combined wage than that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]my point is that these positions may well be justified in the premiership but div 3 you are having a fucking laugh and no I aint editing that because the fact all 3 are there is a bloody disgrace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve. Top call geezer.
    I try not to swear on here, but I fucking agree with you.
  • Options
    Isn't Caplin leaving after Murray said was "one final job"
  • Options
    I might have missed it, but:
    1).Waggott
    2).Kavanagh
    3).Caplin.

What exactly are their jobs ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]I might have missed it, but:
    1).Waggott
    2).Kavanagh
    3).Caplin.

What[i]exactly[/i]are their jobs ?[/quote]

They do the administrative jobs according to the instructions of the owners. Whatever else they do they are not in a position to be called to account for their judgement and decisions because they don't have the autonomy to make any.
  • Options
    Perhaps one of them could pop into the ahem super store and stock it with something other than pink scarves.
    Took a friend who simply laughed at the 60% empty shop.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]I might have missed it, but:
    1).Waggott
    2).Kavanagh
    3).Caplin.

Whatexactlyare their jobs ?

They do the administrative jobs according to the instructions of the owners. Whatever else they do they are not in a position to be called to account for their judgement and decisions because they don't have the autonomy to make any.
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]I might have missed it, but:
    1).Waggott
    2).Kavanagh
    3).Caplin.

Whatexactlyare their jobs ?

Seth, I'd be a lot more convinced of your argument if I thought you were talking from a position of insider knowledge. Are you?

Otherwise it just comes across as Mr. Angry man channeling his venom at a sitting duck.
  • Options
    But............

What exactly are their jobs ?
  • Options
    Caplin is being retained to do one particular job which at this present time(or was until recently anyway....no guesses as to what that is of course) which is/was considered to be critical.
    The club are 'well aware' of the situation and that position may well change, one way or the other, quite soon.....but there was/is a perfectly sound reason why all three at the end of last season were retained...I can understand it...at least for the time being and as long as that's the case it means( though somewhat abstractly I agree) something else is still ongoing.