Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This is the end......

Seeing the pictures of Jon Fortune in a Sheffield United shirt today has brought home just how fecked as a football club we are.

Remember the old days of the Premiership, beating Chelsea at home on Boxing Day was as good as it got, now we're on the downward path to nothing. I can honestly see us getting relegated again this season, even if the takeover happens, there is no guarantee that they'll bring the financial muscle needed for us to even think about getting promoted to the championship. The fact that none of us has a clue what is happening is a worry, with 2 weeks left before the season starts & I really can't see any light at the end if the tunnel.

Charlton Athletic Football Club, 1905 - 2009 RIP

Comments

• Options
    Agreed 100%
  • Options
    come on guys it's Saturday night FFS, what areyou donig being miserable?

You should be out painting the town red, or if you are an old fart like me polishing off a damn fine Australian red.

Come the end of September we could be top of the league and set fair.

"I'm feeling good, I feel oh so fine
    Until tomorrow but that's just some other time"
  • Options
    Not one of our greatest or one of our all time favourites but symbollic of how far we've dropped off the radar.
  • Options
    Gutted to see Jon in another shirt, he's a good lad, though a terrible DJ.

It's not the end, chin up lads!!!
  • Options
    these type of threads make me go a bit Malcolm Tucker, so i'll leave it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]these type of threads make me go a bit Malcolm Tucker, so i'll leave it

Oh, gone on !
  • Options
    just got in and seen this. Gutted to be honest. Not the greatest but would have done a good job in League 1. We are in dire straights.
  • Options
    Not surprised. Could not see him signing a new contract and playing in the 3rd div if i'm honest
  • Options
    CHINS UP FFS. Having to watch us play at Smelhurst every other week, then Upton Park, clearing a derelict Valley were all much harder times. My following of Charlton started in the Smelhurst exile years, so I can't comment on earlier, but know there were even harder times still.

We have a great ground, excellent training facilities, a great youth academy (thank fcuk) and we will bounce back. It may not be next year, it may not be the year after, but we will get there and the more of us that pick ourselves up off the floor and roar our boys to victories the better.

It's time we put our shift in making the Valley become a difficult place to come to again, a fortress and help our boys achieve what they and we want to.....

(And no I haven't been drinking, there just comes a point where you slump in your chair and die or you breathe deep and start fighting the best way you can)
  • Options
    woo to Pavo, a post which isn't some self loathing, emotionally obessed piece of rehashed guess work to beat themselves round the head with. Good work my man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite]CHINS UP FFS. Having to watch us play at Smelhurst every other week, then Upton Park, clearing a derelict Valley were all much harder times. My following of Charlton started in the Smelhurst exile years, so I can't comment on earlier, but know there were even harder times still.

We have a great ground, excellent training facilities, a great youth academy (thank fcuk) and we will bounce back. It may not be next year, it may not be the year after, but we will get there and the more of us that pick ourselves up off the floor and roar our boys to victories the better.

It's time we put our shift in making the Valley become a difficult place to come to again, a fortress and help our boys achieve what they and we want to.....

(And no I haven't been drinking, there just comes a point where you slump in your chair and die or you breathe deep and start fighting the best way you can)

Well said that man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite] excellent training facilities

well, Bob Whitehead and Richard Murray do.
  • Options
    This thread is a wonderful example of just how much the supporters of Charlton are in desperate need of a lift. Whether this comes in the form of the successful conclusion of the takeover or half a dozen good results at the start of the season matters little. We just need anything positive right now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite]excellent training facilities

Isn't it Whitehand?
  • Options
    Thank you Pavo. Things aren't great right now, but we've had worse.
  • Options
    Nailed on Pavo. Some people really need to change the record. Never been this bad my arse. Try 5-1 at home to Rotherham!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Isn't it Whitehand?

No, I believe it's Hatter.
  • Options
    "The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning."

Ivy Baker Priest (Dodgy Mormon Republican ;o) )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Isn't it Whitehand?

No, I believe it's Hatter.

Hatter, Whitehead, Whitehand, Murray - whatever. The training ground is now not owned by the Club.
  • Options
    i feel it is the end tonight, constant bad news just depressing me with cafc at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The End? Pah, of course it isn't. Get some bloody perspective on life.
  • Options
    i meant in relation to cafc mate.... lol
  • Options
    Its just the rollercoaster ride of being a charlton fan,swings and rounderbouts up and downs,and as much as i am like alot of us in disbelief of what a position we r in,i am excited as ever about the season and being at the valley.This Ride is just another chapter in charltons athletics history.
  • Options
    once again I will take staying up right now...... the soul of the club is gone..... burned, used, dead.... a couple of bad results and we could go on a despearte run.... just like last year....

no leadership..... no cohesion at the top level.....

Im scared shitless.....

although I do like a new kit.... thats the ONLY positive I have....
  • Options
    that's a bit heavy..... but I genuinely feel that we are in trouble and the VIBE of the whole club is one of failiure at the mo... hence why a change is so needed .....

However I do beleive every one involved is working their arse off to get us out of this ....

There is SO much psychology to this collectively and individually.....

More than enything we need a leader..... a proper manager with an unbending vision of getting charlton back to the right level.... that in my view is CC......
  • Options
    I don't feel it is the end, although it is all a bit depressing at the moment. I am hoping that come August 8th the players realise what this club means to it's legions of fans who have stuck by them through everything and that they roll their collective sleeves up (unless they have short sleeved shirt- in which case sheer graft and effort will do) and battle with every fibre of their being for this club. Takeover or not I feel it is the responsibility of the players on the pitch to give nothing less than their best. A couple of decent results and a drop of confidence that that would bring could have a very positive effect all round. A Takeover cannot buy 11 footballers spirit, that is down to the the players and the management and as another lifer stated superbly- we must make The Valley a place that the opposition fear, we must make it intimidating for all the away teams and worth a point at the start for our boys.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]Seeing the pictures of Jon Fortune in a Sheffield United shirt today has brought home just how fecked as a football club we are.

Remember the old days of the Premiership, beating Chelsea at home on Boxing Day was as good as it got, now we're on the downward path to nothing. I can honestly see us getting relegated again this season, even if the takeover happens, there is no guarantee that they'll bring the financial muscle needed for us to even think about getting promoted to the championship. The fact that none of us has a clue what is happening is a worry, with 2 weeks left before the season starts & I really can't see any light at the end if the tunnel.

Charlton Athletic Football Club, 1905 - 2009 RIP

I think this a tad premature but I cannot help but think we are facing another long hard and painful season. The takeover has to happen next week or we are in a terrible position. We need a boost and some players.
  • Options
    I think this thread is ott but I agree we need a leader but I don't think on the pitch is necessarily the first position to require a change
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I think this thread is ott but I agree we need a leader but I don't think on the pitch is necessarily the first position to require a change

So where then Suzi?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite] there just comes a point where you slump in your chair and die or you breathe deep and start fighting the best way you can)