Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Could we play 4-3-3?

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Would this be a good formation for us? I was thinking of a team of:

-Elliot-
Richardson-Llera-Semedo-Basey
Sam-Racon-Bailey
Mcleod-Burton-Dickson

I know Jonjo is out of the team but not to sure, but with that strike force im sure there is a possibility it could work with Burton the target man and Mcleod and Dickson being the ones who can run the channels and run for the placed balls and trouble the defenses. But maybe Jonjo could go in the place of Sam? hmm

Comments

• Options
    No way. would make midfield far too lightweight.
  • Options
    We are having difficulty just playing at the moment :(
  • Options
    433 turns into 451 anyway

we'd never play it with 3 strikers at a time....2 wingers and a front man maybe
  • Options
    Can't play with Sam as one of the 3 midfielders - if you were going to play this system he'd have to be one of the 3 forwards, which of course means he'd have to score some goals. I really hope he adds this to his game this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]No way. would make midfield far too lightweight.

Agree.

And what dabos said, Sam would have to be one of the three forwards. Then you'd want someone on the opposite side to play like a winger, not a striker running into the channels, and we haven't really got anyone that can play there.
  • Options
    We're gonna have to play 3-5-2 if we don't hurry up and sign some centre backs
  • Options
    What about Brian Saah from Orient? Converted CB and he's been released. By all accounts is quite useful at this level.
  • Options
    Semedo at CB!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]We're gonna have to play 3-5-2 if we don't hurry up and sign some centre backs

Wouldn't that be even worse - we'd have something like Semedo Llera Youga as 3 centre backs, so 2 players out of their main position rather than 1.