Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

He's coming home, he's coming home...

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Curbs is coming home

Once his lawsuit against Wet Spam is finalised

Comments

• Options
    How could the journalist possibly have got hold of this nugget................Utter rubbish imho
  • Options
    This has been rumoured for weeks so its hard to tell if its genuine or just a story born out of the fan rumours.
  • Options
    The same way a certain Mick Collins got hold of his info praps?
  • Options
    rehashed rubbish
  • Options
    Maybe those in 'the know' can say with certainty that it's rubbish, problem is a part of me is still clinging onto this hope.
  • Options
    hope is all we got.....
  • Options
    When it's on the OS it's true :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Maybe those in 'the know' can say with certainty that it's rubbish, problem is a part of me is still clinging onto this hope.

I suspect you are not alone with this one.
  • Options
    I heard at the end of the season that IF Varneys consortium was succesful his first job was to go on his knees to Curbs

if anything it would be director of football as opposed to manager though

this is just old news rehashed I think but what I heard came from someone who knows a few influential people at the club
  • Options
    Why would Charlton want to waste Curbs talents in an administrative role. Team manager or don`t bother imho. Still rubbish so not relevent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It may be rubbish...............but it's all we've got !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]It may be rubbish...............but it's all we've got !

Ain`t that the truth !
  • Options
    Yes, it is an old story but this is the first time i've seen it mentioned in the press about Curbs coming back if the TO went through. The problem is with this story is that if/when this story gets rubbished, the number of depressives on this site will rise and then there will be the further slatings of the board because they will be accused of stopping Curbs from coming home, irregardless of if the story's true or not.
  • Options
    If true D_F_T will be prepairing his trip to that suicide clinic in Switzerland as we speak.........LOL!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Yes, it is an old story but this is the first time i've seen it mentioned in the press about Curbs coming back if the TO went through. The problem is with this story is that if/when this story gets rubbished, the number of depressives on this site will rise and then there will be the further slatings of the board because they will be accused of stopping Curbs from coming home, irregardless of if the story's true or not.

The number of depressives is I am afraid growing by the minute mart77. Without some serious change in our club I and it would seem many others genuinely feel that Charlton are heading for a good few years in the wilderness which would be tragic after the success of our recent history.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Why not? I know the return of the messiah is as likely as bumping into Elvis in Catford high street but it's a move that would surely suit all parties. Curbs tried at his boyhood heros and didnt succeed in the eyes of his "success must be instant"" critics so perhaps he has become disillusioned to a degree. Maybe he doesnt want the pressure and expectation that he unintentionally created from the miracles he performed with us by going to a top flight club outide of the big 4 where the board, the media and the fans will be on his back if he doesnt win every game 3-0 in his first season.

He would be back in his comfort zone coming back to us and welcome back with open arms by 99% considering our current predicament I would imagine. His track record of building a team that punches well beyond its weight as opposed to being the Goliath getting shot down by various David's each week as we have done the past couple of seasons would surely be embraced now more than ever.

I'm not in the know so haven't got a clue if it is just sensationalism and lazy journalism but will be bloody happy if he did return with varney to continue where they left off...this time to a fan base that knows first hand how you dont know what youve got til it's gone.
  • Options
    Met one yesterday. Nailed on, dead cert, fact, hard core supporter who will renew regardless. He ain't renewing and he ain't going again. He's nest building, but partner likes the football. He's happy now and just can't face any more crap.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Nicely put Rodney and I totally agree with you. The report is probably utter bollocks in actuality (it is in The People after all) but it is a brilliant fantasy! It is quite obvious that our increasingly tortured fanbase needs something of a lift and this for most would be the perfect tonic, and as Rodney says such a move has it's obvious benefits to all. Sadly as it is in The People it has probably been cobbled together using a fine mix of rumour and conjecture by some sick Palace or Millwall supporting 'journo' who is delighting at twisting the knife a little more in what is quite a trying period for everyone connected with our club.
  • Options
    what would be good in that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Curbs is coming home

Once his lawsuit against Wet Spam is finalised

Gives us hope but is highly unlikely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Home for Curbs is West Ham.
    No matter how many more years he spent at Charlton, he has always been West Ham at heart. Now that he's learned that the grass isn't always greener ...
  • Options
    'The People' said Tony Adams/Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink would be our new manager....
  • Options
    I think they actually said they'll be are new centre-back pairing
  • Options
    Piggybaink! I think not

I like Adams but he's a crap manager

I'll stick with Parky please
  • Options
    Pete Doherty will be our next manger at this rate
  • Options
    billy smart locked on nailed FACT