Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New member, similar thoughts

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Have been a guest virtually since this board began. AFKA's call to sign up has worked - safety in numbers in the current predicament, perhaps? Made the bloke next to me in North Upper laugh out loud last night when I told him ten minutes from end that we'd flown down from Scotland to watch that rubbish. (No Oracle, I have no interest in an Old Firm debate - Partick Thistle for me every time.)

Hi Addickted and Valley McMoist - I know both of you. Addickted because we met at The Valley one Wednesday night at the end of last season. VM because our Dads worked together. If they were still here, I dread to think what they would have made of the current situation. "It's only a game", I suppose....

Comments

• Options
    Welcome Weegie, good to have you on board the good ship CL!
  • Options
    Welcome to the board mate.

Dont worry no-one cares about the old firm, shoddy league anyhow. Theres only one half decent team in Scotland and it certainly aint Rangers. Up the Thistle!
  • Options
    Hello Weegie, i went to a hibs vs hearts game at easter road and it ended in a 1-1 draw.being a neutral i enjoyed the game but for some it was more like life or death,more than "It's only a game",just a game between these 2 teams for me,but enjoyed all the same.On a night when expectations were high for a tie in the semi finals against wycombe i'm not surpreised that punters were getting more than vocal.still who can predict our DESTINY?
  • Options
    i'll predict our destiny at the end of this season relegation, next year mid table mediocrity
  • Options
    Don't be so complacent,NEW players coming and going in january will make an impact and will give us a freash start. we will have to wait and see.the board are not as stupid as the fans think. they maybe in a tangle but they will sort things out for the better.With players coming and going and a possible relegation on the horizon we might well see a mixture of experinced and some of the reserves coming in, this will depend on reed stamping his authority and demanding some fresh impetus.
    Let's WAIT and see.
  • Options
    Welcome Weegie, as soon as you mentioned the mighty Thistle I automatically thought of you - well your lovely wife actually!

Hope you are both well and enjoying your regular jaunts South. Hope to see more of your posts.

N
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.
    N - what makes you jump to the conclusion that I'm not the lovely wife?!
  • Options
    I hope you are the wife...with a name like Heather....