Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FOOTBALL ON THE BBC

So football is coming home ,not only have the bbc the rights to to the Premier League but will also show some Championship games live begining with WBA V NEWCASTLE 15aug.
You can still see Charlton in action on the bbc as the highlight show of the football league is shown on saturday night after M.O.T.D. This is good news for Charlton fans who do not live in the UK,or fans who can not attend every home match.

Comments

• We'll be lucky to get 10 seconds coverage - considering we only got about 30 seconds when we were in the Prem.
  • Better then nothing.
  • Will this be repeated on the BBC iplayer?

:-D
  • I can't imagine that there's going to be many highlights this year the way things are going :0 (
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Will this be repeated on the BBC iplayer?

:-D

yes, for a week after being broadcast I believe.
  • [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]So football is coming home ,not only have the bbc the rights to to the Premier League but will also show some Championship games live begining with WBA V NEWCASTLE 15aug.
    You can still see Charlton in action on the bbc as the highlight show of the football league is shown on saturday night after M.O.T.D. This is good news for Charlton fans who do not live in the UK,or fans who can not attend every home match.

WBA v Newcastle, 8th August, 5.30pm, BBC1.
  • when did this happen? i cant believe the bbc have actually paid for something worthwhile. how many prem games will they have?
  • I don't think the BBC believed their luck when Newcastle got relegated
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I don't think the BBC believed their luck when Newcastle got relegated
    None of us did.

I appear to be alone in this, but I think BBC coverage is utter rubbish. Lawro is a smirking bufoon. Him and Motty seem increasingly to have no grasp at all about what is taking place in front of them ("I... I think he's saying it's offside, Mark" - yeah that is what the little man with that's had his flag straight out, for about 5 minutes is about, mate). The likes of Dixon, Shearer et al have never given me a single insight into the game. Never. I once thought Dixon had when he used the light pen to draw lines between Arsenal players, claiming the fact that they were all triangles was the secret of their success. I was impressed until I thought about it and realised that if you drew a lines between any three people, not in a straight line, anyplace on planet earth would form a triangle. Still points for trying, Lee.

Typical BBC, a bunch of lame ducks that have been there for years and years, that don't really do a great job, but seem to have qualified as "institutions" because nobody ever got around to sacking them. The only positive thing I have to say about them is that they're better than racist Ron and the Man U supporting clown on ITV, but being better than ITV at sport broadcasting is a bit like being better than San Marino at football.

Grump grump grump
  • spot on, Mclovin. the commentry on bbc is shocking. Motson feels the need to talk about anything and if there hasnt been 100 shots on goal in 10 mins he feels the need to apologise to the viewers. follows this with a little laugh.

the pundits in the studio are fast becoming as bad as Townsend was in his analytical caravan.

does anyone know how many prem games are going to be shown live on the bbc then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Never used iplayer before, very good innit.
  • edited August 2009
    Most of the punditry (i don't mean commentary) on MOTD seems to just be describing exactly what's happened as it's replayed on the screen. X played the ball to the back post, Y jumped well and headed it in the corner. We can all see that. No insights or deeper analysis. They spend so long doing it they only have time to show proper coverage of about 3 games.

Hansen and the rest are so experienced they must have some interesting things to say.. but the coverage is so sanitised and dull they dont even try.

I'd love a highlights show without pundits, talking and reading out e-mails.
  • [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]

I'd love a highlights show without pundits, talking and reading out e-mails.

As I download the show from UKNova or The Box - I happily just forward wind through all the garbage & watch the games. The interactive stuff is so friggin' annoying, condensing the nonsensical ramblings of random weirdos into inane soundbites - gimme a break!!!!

Get Vince back on that Monday night fan panel thingy - that was quite entertaining.