Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premium TV OS site?

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
with the downfall of the official site with it being slow and hard to get access to, I to be honest would prefer a Premium TV site compared to our current one.

Comments

• Options
    Aaaarghhh no!
  • Options
    Computa says no!
  • Options
    No way I hate those sites!
  • Options
    no, hands off our OS
  • Options
    Premium Tv is catshit on a stick-- NO. (Although the OS seems unnaturally slow far to often)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Premium Tv is catshit on a stick-- NO.

Now that is funny.

No to Premium TV cack thank you.
  • Options
    You seriously would not: take a look at the dogshit sites that most other football league teams have courtesy of PTV. We should be glad that the club has tried to maintain its website, despite the constant whining. With all the people going I imagine it'll be harder for them this year.
  • Options
    Get used to the idea.....it could happen
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Get used to the idea.....it could happen

Oh I'm sure thats right Tel. If PTV can save the club some money, given the state of the finances, I sure they'd give a some serious thought. You won't find too many fans who'd be happy about it though.
  • Options
    I think its more the fact that PTV can make the club some money. Very little revenue is had through its current guise and its surprisingly expensive to run allegedly...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]I think its more the fact that PTV can make the club some money

Well its a combination then of revenue opportunity and cost cutting. There must be a sound business case for PTV otherwise other clubs wouldn't have gone for it.

I wonder whether in the words of the bard "all that glisters is not gold". Accountants (and I'm the son of one) don't always make the best decisions when it comes to marginal revenue/cost issues.
  • Options
    I think that the current site, despite issues with being able to get on it at times, is actually pretty good.

Looked at the Southampton site after Pardew was appointed manager and it was very much a poor relation to ours, particularly the way stories were written.

It's easy to knock it, but personally I think the communications team do a good job with the site and it will be a sad day if we ever have to go down the Premium TV route.