Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

People in the directors area last night..

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]AbsolutelyNOcomment!

That proves he's involved otherwise why not comment. Must be something going on.

Would explain why the very professional guy who was doing it last season was booted out just to let BDL come back. Well if he's paying the bill's then it's his club to do what he likes with.
  • Options
    Big dave out!!!!
  • Options
    Did see a car with number plate STE114R in the car park and wondered who owned it!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Couldn't have BDL as although he's tall, he's definitely not balding.....
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited July 2009
    New Owners

bert-and-ernie.jpg
  • Options
    Gee Bert!
  • Options
    Nick, I know where you live!
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    no chappel no whitehand only 4 of the 18 directors there shows who realy cares dosent it. bu then chapel has had a season ticket since 1903
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Nick, I know where you live!

I've moved :-)))
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: itsmyball[/cite]no chappel no whitehand only 4 of the 18 directors there shows who realy cares dosent it. bu then chapel has had a season ticket since 1903

Good point. Only the 5k who went last night "care". The rest of the fans aren't proper Charlton.

How do we know if there were only 4 directors there BTW
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: itsmyball[/cite]no chappel no whitehand only 4 of the 18 directors there shows who realy cares dosent it. bu then chapel has had a season ticket since 1903

I saw at least 8 Directors there. Perhaps the others were negotiating?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: itsmyball[/cite]no chappel no whitehand only 4 of the 18 directors there shows who realy cares dosent it. bu then chapel has had a season ticket since 1903

don't they only work on Wednesdays?
  • Options
    Sod the Red Red Robin:

http://tinyurl.com/dbpjht
  • Options
    I did see more than the usual amout of people in the directors area from the East stand yeah.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Good point. Only the 5k who went last night "care". The rest of the fans aren't proper Charlton.

I took legal advice and decided not to attend, After due dilligence and after reading the written warning Mrs TCE gave me at the weekend for a Gazza-esque night out I thought it wise to give it a miss. I decided to earn a couple of brownie points by replacing her lost eternity ring . Not proper Charlton, then so be it :(
    Plus there's a right good Golf day out coming up with Dave Storry and Luva Luva amongst others next week, and I didnt want blot my copybook ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I've consulted NSS junior and he says you "not proper Charlton".

Sorry but the oracle has spoken : - )
  • Options

Or on holiday or unavailable...bit of a silly post itsmyball to be honest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Or on holiday or unavailable...bit of a silly post itsmyball to be honest.

One would assume that as directors they are succesful businessman, and as such were dealing with the very business that allows them to sit on our board in the first place, ie, working or abroad on business or on a family holiday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

I took legal advice and decided not to attend, After due dilligence and after reading the written warning Mrs TCE gave me at the weekend for a Gazza-esque night out I thought it wise to give it a miss. I decided to earn a couple of brownie points by replacing her lost eternity ring . Not proper Charlton, then so be it :(
    Plus there's a right good Golf day out coming up with Dave Storry and Luva Luva amongst others next week, and I didnt want blot my copybook ;)

I've consulted NSS junior and he says you "not proper Charlton".

Sorry but the oracle has spoken : - )

Surely I have the right to an appeal?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No, sorry but I've met you and you're not very appealing : - )
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

One would assume that as directors they are succesful businessman, and as such were dealing with the very business that allows them to sit on our board in the first place, ie, working or abroad on business or on a family holiday.

Quite or couldn't be bothered with a PSF unlike the "real" fans like me and you E.
  • Options

No, sorry but I've met you and you're not very appealing : - )

I've no case to defend there :(
  • Options
    da9 would not say its a sly post it is a fact so make of it what you want. but if i owned a business which was in need of direction i think i would be around . but everone has there chane to post on here thats what makes it so exciting
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: itsmyball[/cite]da9 would not say its a sly post it is a fact so make of it what you want. but if i owned a business which was in need of direction i think i would be around . but everone has there chane to post on here thats what makes it so exciting
    I've not mentioned the word sly?

My point is, the very business that made them succesful, to allow them the financial kudos to sit on our board may be the factor that kept them away?
    After all, they would have to prioritise, their living that keeps them afloat and wealthy, or their place on the board, which in all intents & purposes is an investment or hobby horse for people with money, lets face it, they dont put money into Charlton expecting to see a return.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

Quite or couldn't be bothered with a PSF unlike the "real" fans like me and you E.

Nah, your not proper charlton :-)
  • Options
    Well, I was there all through the Premiership years. Can you say the same ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Well, I was there all through the Premiership years. Can you say the same ; - )

Ouch.

I've got his address if you want it DA9?
  • Options
    To support BB, yes Stellar were there, but not their FD, he is a lot older than the guy that was sat withStellar's MD. Unless it's another Curious Case of .......

The four in front of our existing Board Members I have never seen before. They had little to say to the existing Board Members who were there, but did speak to the legend that is Keith Peacock and Steve Waggot.

The guy in the photo above looked similar to the younger guy out of the 4 I didn't recognise there, but wouldn't pick him out in an identity parade if his life depended on it (I'd be a cnut if I did for the sake of solving an unknown). I'm talking about the human btw, not either of the Sesame Street blokes with equally trendy hair dos.

In all honesty, I wish I hadn't sat there, I was utterly distracted, being the nosey b*st*rd I can be and couldn't keep my focus on the game. Whoever those guys were, they were right behind our side, so here's hoping....
  • Options
    BB shouldn't need supporting Pavo.

Henry, it would be nice occasionally, if someone could post something on here without being interogated in the process.