Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are Man City the new Chelsea?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]It just might have been us had the Zabeel deal gone through...I'm not jealous...a bit envious maybe...but certainly not jealous.

That's it SounsAs, remind us one more time....as the song goes "It shoulda been me".
  • Options
    I'm a B too. And I like Hughes, although if they are not in top 4 at Christmas he'll be gone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]I'm a B too. And I like Hughes, although if they are not in top 4 at Christmas he'll be gone.

And quite right too! With the quality of the players at his disposal, if they are not in the top 4, or very close, it will be 100% down to him.
  • Options
    A and C. Hope they fail, the prima donnas bicker amongst themselves and ultimately go bust. Footy has been destroyed by money.
  • Options
    I don't think Hughes is as good a manager as he thinks

Arsenal are already planning to finish 5th if they don't spend 15-20m - definately a

c - has always been the case we just look back with rose tinted spectacles it just was not as obvious as it is now. Huddersfield in the 20's the Arse in the 30's both dominated because of money and an exceptional manager who would I have no doubt bent the rules around the max wage.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    B - Expierence of living in Manc etc has led me to think that around 90% of United fans are f*cking w*nkers. Really would like to see City do well and their fans to start turning the tables after sharing their city with them for years.
  • Options
    C - I hate everything that football at the 1st tier of the English league is and what is has become. I only watch the games on the box because I like watching football full stop. I hope the bubble bursts in a huge way starting with Abramovich getting bored then the other big backers getting bored too and all moving on to baseball or something.

Sky will only give a hoot if a well supported team get into bother (but did they with Leeds) and even then what will they do? Relegate them from the super Sunday slot?!

Just look at the premier league outside, let's say the top 8 of United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa, Everton, Man City I suppose have to be there and Fulham. Who else would you pay to watch? Who else could you name a starting XI (if you gave a shit) for? I would not personally. Especially when my divvy yid supporting mate pays £50 for a shit seat at Tottenham! Nah, as piss-poor as we are at the moment I am happy as a Charlton fan for the time-being on the outside looking in enviously (at what I'm still not sure)