Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cycle rage

2»

Comments

• Options
    No
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]I was signaling to turn right yesterday (on bike) just about to turn when a car went flying passed me to catch the traffic lights 100 yards up the road. She easily could have killed me. As it turns out she didn't make the lights, not even close.

Then, this morning i was overtaken on the right just for the car to dramatically swerve in front of me to turn left!

Again i could have been killed.

But you wern't...and not even injured...funny that?

My point is there are just as many idiots driving cars as there are riding bikes. Just that 1/2 a ton of metal is likely to do more damage.

Did you not have a bike as a child sound as? Ah fond memories of rides to the woods to get stuck in trees and fire home made arrows in the air lying on your back. Thinking about it, it's a wonder no one was ever injured!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]I was signaling to turn right yesterday (on bike) just about to turn when a car went flying passed me to catch the traffic lights 100 yards up the road. She easily could have killed me. As it turns out she didn't make the lights, not even close.

Then, this morning i was overtaken on the right just for the car to dramatically swerve in front of me to turn left!

My point is there are just as many idiots driving cars as there are riding bikes. Just that 1/2 a ton of metal is likely to do more damage.

Did you not have a bike as a child sound as? Ah fond memories of rides to the woods to get stuck in trees and fire home made arrows in the air lying on your back. Thinking about it, it's a wonder no one was ever injured!

Jumpers for Goalposts
  • Options
    Bottles of thunderbird and Mad dog 20/20 under the Cricket pavillion of an evening.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]

Sorry mill, you've lost me mate?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The is a stretch on the A27 near me with a perfectly good cycle lane on the pavement. All clearly marked and still we get ignorant cyclists on the main road itself. It' is paralel to the road. I hate the arrogance of the ones that do it whilst applauding others happily use the lane provided.

VFR not all Mercedes and BMW drivers are as you describe. I am a Merc driver myself the car is complete with rust and 130000 miles - we a'int all bad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bc_addick[/cite]The is a stretch on the A27 near me with a perfectly good cycle lane on the pavement. All clearly marked and still we get ignorant cyclists on the main road itself. It' is paralel to the road. I hate the arrogance of the ones that do it whilst applauding others happily use the lane provided.

VFR not all Mercedes and BMW drivers are as you describe. I am a Merc driver myself the car is complete with rust and 130000 miles - we a'int all bad.

to be fair, i sometime will go on the road even if there is a cycle lane. They get covered in glass and other crud and often will have slow cyclist - often with kids.
  • Options
    No I'm not perfect SoundAs but if I'm in a car or on a bike I try and give people a bit of space and the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes when I don't get a bit of thought/respect back I respond like an idiot, makes me one of the twats. All the people moaning about others' mistakes just goes to prove to me that they're one of the total selfish millions.

Personally I don't agree with cycle lanes, cars in town should be vigorously enforced to drive at 20. And I commute to work every day in a car, breaking the speed limit plenty. If people can't make decisions at thirty plus then they clearly need more time in their useless lives to make at least a decision.

Oh bc I hate the arrogance of drivers who think that because there's a cycle lane there they can drive closer to cyclists. I hate the attitude of drivers who think a cycle lane is for parking. I hate the attitude of drivers who think a cycle lane is their right of way so they can cut someone up cycling on it. Maybe if you looked at the design of most cycle lanes which enforce multiple road crossings every couple of hundred yards you'd have some empathy towards cyclists using the road. I don't know about the A27 but I haven't cycled a cycle path running parallel to a road in this country that makes the cyclists journey safer. Perhaps it's you BC that are ignorant.
  • Options
    Can't we all just get along?
  • Options
    cyclists and motorists NEVER i SAY NEVER run them orf the road the tax dodging feckas :-P
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When on the road I pretend I am invisible, and every other road user is a psychopath solely intent on killing me, and consequently every accident is my fault.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Human nature... When cycling in London, motorists (and pedestrians) get on my tits.

When driving in London (which isn't particularly often), cyclists get on my tits!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Colin, Quite why you feel the need to be abusive I'm not sure. I am therefore not posting anything else as it is pointless. I do empathise with North London Addick though :-)
  • Options
    All rules of the roads apply to all users of the roads. Until you've driven a car on London roads if you're a cyclist, or rode a bike if you're a car user, then it's difficult to appreciate how much of a nightmare it is for us all. The people that break any road laws are just downright selfish and endanger all around them. I do both, but cycle more and have seen and experienced cyclists and motorists doing some appaling stuff. A little consideration goes a long, long way. We're all going to get to where we're going quickly enough, it's just sometimes people want to get there quicker. Why the rush?! Relax a little!
  • Options
    As a cyclist I agree black taxi drivers are mostly the best drivers - white Van man are usually the worst, lorries in particular cement mixer and construction stuff. Some Bus drivers are also very poor.

I have driven a car in London for many years, and tend to adhere far more to road rules than some cyclists and motorists for that matter.