Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any news?

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
I don't get on here much these days - although that is partly through choice - and can't be bothered to trawl through hundreds of moaning and whining comments.

So, can anyone briefly summarise the past Charlton week for me please?

A prize will be awarded to the poster of the best and most succinct response.

I thank you.

Comments

• Go back to the pub!
  • edited July 2009
    News
    Daily Signed
    Parky Still in charge
    No Takeover and New Kit not released yet.
  • We also beat Ipswich 2-1. Deon Burton scored.

Twice.
  • We played a game against Ipwich's kids and 2-1, oh and Dailly signed. Everything else is mere rumour
  • 3 words

little has changed.
  • I saw Keith Peacock jogging in Bexley this morning. (in the direction of the Valley).
  • couldn't that also be in the direction of the training ground - far more likely... :) as its a couple of miles or so
  • edited July 2009
    We have been taken over by Peter Stringfellow

Our new away strip is Pink and orange

Curbs has returned, with Carl Leaburn as number 2

Weve signed David Beckham from LA Galxay

and there are strong rumours that someine saw Keith Peacock jogging in Bexley this morning

Other than that not much
  • had to be the Valley, I could hear him humming "Valley, Floyd Road"
  • very much like "Avery Hill..."
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]We played a game against Ipwich's kids and 2-1, oh and Dailly signed. Everything else is mere rumour

Harsh we played against their kids in the first half the 2nd they bought on 4 or 5 1st teamers and we still held out.

Big plus is that Youga looked decent we have signed Dailey and Burton looked OK
  • Tim Breaker has joined too dont forget
  • or possibly "Shooters Hill"
  • edited July 2009
    Offy, i'll summise in 'your world' :-)

Monday - sober

Tuesday - proper all dayer, Breaker announced as assistant whip-holder during the lunchtime session, bag of peanuts in the afternoon, then the evening session saw Charlton outdrink Ipswich 2-1. New recruit to the drinking club, Christian Dailly

Wednesday - Bit hangover, but feeling good after a decent Tuesday night. Whip holder said he was pleased with drinking efforts of his mates, but still wants to add another 3-4 fresh faces to the circle, namely two bitter drinkers, one jack d + coke man, and someone who don't care what he drinks

Thursday - No drinking, book club announce two new members, Matt and Suzi

Friday - Hawaiian shirts for pub crawl not arrived, gonna be another couple of weeks. Dailly decides he wants to drink with us on a permenant basis
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Offy, i'll summise in 'your world' :-)

Monday - sober

Tuesday - proper all dayer, Breaker announced as assistant whip-holder during the lunchtime session, bag of peanuts in the afternoon, then the evening session saw Charlton outdrink Ipswich 2-1. New recruit to the drinking club, Christian Dailly

Wednesday - Bit hangover, but feeling good after a decent Tuesday night. Whip holder said he was pleased with drinking efforts of his mates, but still wants to add another 3-4 fresh faces to the circle, namely two bitter drinkers, one jack d + coke man, and someone who don't care what he drinks

Friday - Hawaiian shirts for pub crawl not arrived, gonna be another couple of weeks. Dailly decides he wants to drink with us on a permenant basis

stop press boss turns into alchy
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Offy, i'll summise in 'your world' :-)

Monday - sober

Excellent, sounds like a blast. Think I might renew my season ticket now then.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Think I might renew my season ticket now then.

Looks like the club owe me a drink !
  • Someone sent a letter to the board, a reporter posted some drivel about us going into administration then did a runner, someone else wrote a letter to the board, we've won a couple, lost a couple and someone wrote a letter to the board....
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Think I might renew my season ticket now then.

Looks like the club owe me a drink !

Well, I've just gone and done it now. So, I reckon if his season turns out to be anything like as shite as the last few then you will owe me a good drink - and that could be VERY expensive for you!
  • Takeover = No comment, nada, zilch, rien.
    Tractor boys pay penalty
    Give us this day thy Dailey signing
    Thats it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Last season I leveraged long on gold. Handsome profit. Now have two season tickets. I'm gonna "pick and choose" where I sit
  • Have been drunk most of this week, so, any updates?