Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I've Sympathy for Diawara

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
1) Came into the Club late, transfer deadline day in fact
2) Couldn't speak any English
3) England is a totally different country/culture from France, I know that, settling in is an understandable problem
4) Played at Chelsea, picked up hamstring strain
5) Been injured on and off so finding form is difficult
6) Played with numerous centre halves, forming a partnership is important
7) He never dictated the fee
8) Why single him out ? Traore and Faye have played in the PL for years and they are at least as bad
9) Easy scapegoat, doesn't understand what Murray has said, can't complain

Get off his back Murray !!

Comments

• Options
    10) Made a mug of by Jermaine Easter and Craig Bellamy.
  • Options
    I dont quite understand how or why any of the above listed points has anything to do with being able to pass a ball to your own player. But then again, I might be missing something from this modern game. Maybe, he wasnt wearing sheepskin covered gloves on tuesday so he must of froze on the night. Joking aside, I must admit that I'm also bemused with RM's comments as I would not be pointing the figure directly at Diawara - he is curable.
  • Options
    No one knows Large, it maybe that all is not well away from the pitch with him. I think there may be a little more to it.

This is something Murray should learn form. Great giving a manager full support, but never again let a manager spend nearly £4m on a guy we don't know enough about and can't speak English.
  • Options
    I think you have to accept playing in england is a big culture shock for foreign players.

Look at the number of big name players who have been very successful in other euro leagues but have failed here Veron, Forlan, Kezman, Cisse the list goes on.

There is never a guarantee with foreign players, likewise why do you think foreign clubs never buy british players??
  • Options
    add Shevchenko to that list !
  • Options
    Murray is focussing on Diawara as this is possibly the one signing most influenced by Dowie. When I first saw him I thought the new Rufus had arrived

The question is which would you rather have coming up to the window:
    Perry, Powell and Kish + £8M in the bank OR Faye, Traore and Diawara. This mess is down to the board, Mills and Varney - replacing the spine of the team AND the manager (twice) in 6 months is something you might try on Fifa07 or League 2! They need to either spend their way out or cut back and start again in the championship.