Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Job Application - Advice Needed

DA9DA9
edited August 2009 in Not Sports Related
Applied for a job with a closing date of 24-07-09, had no response yet, now it could mean one of 2 or 3 things, the obvious being its been taken no further and like most companies these days, they dont tell you, or they are still going through the applications.

Should I email for an update? and if so, how should I word it? or should I just let things happen if & when they do? and could it be damaging to my application if I do email (ie, overkeen, hassling etc)

What say you intelligent people of Charltonlife?

Comments

• Options
    IMO, the more anyone can do to stand out from the crowd with job apps the better.

They could have literally hundreds of applicants and an email to say you are keen and would like news will do no harm at all.

Always good to call them and make an impression though . . .
  • Options
    Polite email (phone call would be better) asking for some feedback on how you performed in the interview.

Might get some useful tips (stop picking your nose) but you will most likely get some sort of confirmation.

You might want to say that you are going on holiday so don't want to miss any notification or offer.

Good luck
  • Options
    Typical of todays job market mate, but good luck anyway
  • Options
    Could try saying you've had another job offer but don't want to accept it until you know what's happening on this one. Good luck.
  • Options
    Cheers all, should I say I want to salt the fries on Tuesdays & Thursdays and flip burgers on Fridays only?
  • Options
    Mate if you dont hear anything phone Hariet Harperson (Rothco will have the number) and say " is it because me is English i aint herds nufink--init ? respect" . Should get her on the case.

PS havnt been asked anything yet-- if you know what i mean.
  • Options
    Emailed a polite request for an update this morning, fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Good luck. We just advertised an assistants post only on the website, We had over 160 responses. Most were overqualified and didn't bother to properly complete the application form in the required manner. 2 days of my life were wasted going through awful applications. Shorlisted just 8.
  • Options
    Always good to get feedback, even if it is to see where you went wrong. ie turn up dressed as Elvis
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]Always good to get feedback, even if it is to see where you went wrong. ie turn up dressed as Elvis

LOL

Had a reply, swamped with apps, letter will be sent out in the next 1-2 weeks to say if on the short list.

Thanks for the advice people, hopefully I have stuck in the memory, a pal of mine works for this company already and had a word with the main man at this office(both Charlton fans, so fingers crossed he keeps it in the family)