Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton Migs

any of the old boys on here ever have a run in with this firm ? Went over dagenham market on sunday and bought a book on thir firm.Either the author is a bullshitter or they were quite tasty in their day.They seemed to pull in numbers of 100 or more quite easily.My only recollection of them was outside the valley one good friday when they approached me and wanted to know where to find the charlton boys.In them days we only produced numbers for a big game,at least the yoof attend all the matches these days.

Comments

• Always big mig turnouts at england away games. I seem to remember at Estonia away Palace having a pop at a young Charlton lad and luton offering them out.
  • around about 94???

Very good turn out, was a sell out I think, didnt see much happen outside the ground but it was very tasty in the ground, sat in the Jimmy Seed end that day and they were quite game.
  • Very game lads, know one of their older chaps.

We had a run in with them in the Jimmy Seed stand way back in the mid 90's one Easter Monday game that was on the TV.
  • it may just be too early for my brain. but surely i am not the only one who finds phrases like:

a bit tasty
    game lads

completely pathetic.zh
  • [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]it may just be too early for my brain. but surely i am not the only one who finds phrases like:

a bit tasty
    game lads

completely pathetic.zh

You're not alone kigelia
  • Having read a few of these books, the "heroes" never ran and only ever lost occasionally when hopelessly outnumbered.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]any of the old boys on here ever have a run in with this firm ? Went over dagenham market on sunday and bought a book on thir firm.Either the author is a bullshitter or they were quite tasty in their day.They seemed to pull in numbers of 100 or more quite easily.My only recollection of them was outside the valley one good friday when they approached me and wanted to know where to find the charlton boys.In them days we only produced numbers for a big game,at least the yoof attend all the matches these days.[/quote]

Steve was you wearing a Charlton vest/t.shirt with another fella and a couple of young ladies?

I was also at Dagenham market Sunday morning!!
  • The year that we lost 7-1 up at there place in the late 70's it turned rather nasty afterwards but I doubt if they were 'Migs'. When we got back to St Pancaras later that evening there was a bit of a tear up with the Gooners.
  • [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]it may just be too early for my brain. but surely i am not the only one who finds phrases like:

a bit tasty
    game lads

completely pathetic.zh

I'm with you too. Why can't people go football, support their team, end of.
  • After talking to a wed fan on Saturday night he told to have a look at there new hooli book.....OMG!!!

What a load of shi*

I didnt know it was writen by Dougie Naylor (Knob!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Back in the day I sat in the Gabled West Stand with my Witney Blanket round my knees. It was tartan and I looked the dogs. The rest of the Valley Gold firm were dead jealous! One day in the 68-9 almost promotion season a top face from Palace, Noncey Nigel the acned accountant, turned up in his Malcom Allison type fedora. I almost dropped my thermos flask in terror when he offered me out brandishing his rolled up copy of The Daily Telegraph.

I was a top boy back then.

:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]it may just be too early for my brain. but surely i am not the only one who finds phrases like:

a bit tasty
    game lads

completely pathetic.zh

I'm with you too. Why can't people go football, support their team, end of.

It has, and always will be a part of football culture, rightly or wrongly, not defending it, as someone who has been there, worn the t-shirt, and paid the price, been in a couple of books and wrote some text for books on the subject. My own personal outlook now is not to put myself in the situations to drag me back to the old days, and each individual person who currently partakes must make those choices for themselves, no government or football club initiative will ever stop it. Admittedly, the onset of CCTV, police powers and heavier sentencing has dramatically reduced the numbers willing to get involved, but it's still there.
  • The Valley back in the 70's....not Migs but back in the days when Clubs had a crew.....5-0 loss at the Valley....Luton were said to be game, but rather lame in fact...agree with DA9...it was there from the 60's and its still there today, albeit in a different format...but it is part of our culture as I suspect each and every one of us has seen it on more than one occasion over the years.
  • edited August 2009
    I think we all agree rightly or wrongly this is part of football culture that is unlikely to ever fully go away, but i'd appreciate it if these sort of threads were kept on other sites that cater for this sort of stuff more, rather than on here to be honest. Cheers
  • Steve - have a look on youtube, footage on there on the prematch stuff between them and Watford in the high street from a few years back.