Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm starting to feel sorry for Dowie!

When ID first pitched up at the Valley, like most Palace fans I was not exactly impressed.

But having listened to drivel being spouted by Murray I now almost ( only almost) feel sorry for him. Murray's cheap digs at Dowie after the event and setting him up as the fall guy for all things that are wrong at the valley......now Dowie has left, just makes murray look a right weasel!

God knows what diawara must be thinking!

How does Murray think his comments are going to help Charlton??? When he has effectively put a question mark over all of dowies signings..... Murrays comments have as good as relegated Charlton.

Comments

• Options
    I really think you should look closer to home. Stones and glass houses and all that.
  • Options
    diawara dont understand what going on anyway! lol
  • Options
    Jordan comes out with drivel all the time mate!FACT
  • Options
    And he looks like Shane Warne!
  • Options
    We're used to it with Simon! But this is most unlike Charlton, and wether you like it or not Murray has just made matters worse.

I seriously think Murray would be well advised to stay away from the media.

Anyway a Merry Christmas to you all.
  • Options
    And he looks like the older brother in the Wonder Years!
  • Options
    Yes merry christmas hope santa bring us some points
  • Options
    Ps he is real you know
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]And he looks like Shane Warne!

What Diawarra?????????
  • Options
    SoS, you're joking right? Dowie invested £11 million of our money on some of the biggest tosspots we have ever seen at The Valley. Traore, Faye, JFH and Diawara are not only shite players but, quite clearly, could not give a toss about Charlton.
    Your mate Dowie might be a nice bloke but an astute judge of talent he sure aint.
    It was a massive mistake for Charlton to appoint him in such a cheap under-handed way and Jordan was right to be furious about it, although I don't see why he is still pursuing it legally now that Charlton and Dowie have got their come-uppance so spectacularly.
    Murray is a true Charlton fan and is rightly devastated that Dowie brought such utter, utter dog shit to The Valley for such a large amount of money.
    As for Dowie, well, if he does not make a success of his next job, wherever that might be, then he is toast.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Well said that man, its embarassing the stuff he has bought.
  • Options
    Abrown1972

Am i joking? Well yes partly, I did say I almost feel sorry for him.

When Dowie pitched up at the Valley I posted on this forum then that his track record in the transfer market was abysmal! The team Dowie inherited had already started it's run with great results under Kit Symons as caretaker manager, but more importantly that side already contained Wayne Routledge, Neil Shipperley, Andy Johnson, Julian Gray, Sean Derry, Popovic, Rhilitia and michael Hughes. But once we were promoted and dowie had to make his own signings only a couple really came off.

The fact remains that if I know this, then Murray should also have known this when making such a crucial appointment, given the new TV deal which will be floating around next season.

Dowie probably did make bad signings, but Murray let him sign them and he and Andrew Mills are just as responsible as Dowie. And if you are going to let a new manager sign a whole new bunch of players at least give him the chance to work with them.

Peter taylor has brought in several new faces at Selhurst and so far in truth it's not that great, but I'd hope he is given at least a season to get his team playing the way he wants to.

Reading various CAFC boards most fans seem to think that things were better under Dowie than read, that dowie had harder matches to play and that things were getting better, you usually find the majority are right on these subjects.

I think who ever followed curbs was on a hiding to nothing and certainly should have been able to appoint there own back room team, but i dare say Murray will blame Dowie for that as well.
  • Options
    Honestly, I guess we should have brought in Billy Davies, Dowie was grought in to piss of your chairman by ours, and then given a ridiculous amount of money to spend by Murray.
  • Options
    SoS, fair reply, I agree with much of what you say and have heard from other Palace fans that Dowie was tactically poor and also a nightmare in the transfer market.
    I think that the people who are saying Dowie was better than Reed are missing the point, both have been appalling so its not really much to say that Dowie might have been a bit better.
    There is also this fallacy that Dowie was starting to "turn it around" which is complete bollox. The "turnaround" consisted of a 0-0 at home to Watford, a 1-0 home to Man City, a 0-0 at a shite Newcastle and a 1-0 CC win at home to Bolton and a streaky win on penalties in the CC at Chesterfield.
    As soon as we played a tough side away at Wigan they hammered us.
    Also, Murray has never intervened in transfers and could hardly appoint Dowie and then say "well, you can't sign him or him" so had to let Dowie bring in the players he wanted and let results speak for themselves.
    You are spot on in that whoever succeeded Curbs would have a tough act to follow which is why I would have liked a Charlton man like Kinsella brought in to take the job and follow a similar path to Curbs. Dowie was too radical a departure and now we are all paying the price.
    Anyway, thanks for your comments, you have made me think about things a bit differently.