Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kandol linked with move

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]If this is true then I assume there'll be a striker on the way out. My vote would go to Gray.

Gray is now cup tied. Will this effect his value?
  • Options
    He has a value?
  • Options
    Fleetwood is cup tied also
  • Options
    Maybe he could come on loan with a view to a permanent signing when/if TO happens.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I don't trust people who call us "Robins"
    That's Yorkshire for you, they think it's still the 70s ......

70's ..... ? We were The Valiants back then, as everyone knows .........

;o)
  • Options
    Robins started to die out in 66-67, then we became the Valiants..which I still prefer to Addicks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Mark Kinsella was of the view that Gills long ball game suited him better that our passing game so maybe that is why.
    A curious view from Kins this - I must have missed our silky passing game last year: given that amongst the few chances he got for us was up front, generally 30 yards from the nearest players and trying in vain to control a hail of high balls. The fact that him and Gray were our lone striker in a few of our worse performances meant that many (stupidly IMO) criticised them, rather than the misfitted system. I agree that Kandol, or even Burton is a better player in that system, but if we actually played passing football, or tucked the wingers in closer, or played a target man up with them, I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    Erm Henry or Kins. Gills did not play a long ball passing game when he was there. Firstly Stimson doesn't play that and secondly the Gills team which Jepson had was so bad they couldn't even play a long ball passing game. The side Stimmo had at that time were truly woeful.

Many of his goals were scored by him making an absolute nuisance of himself and weren't clear cut chances. And he scored seven goals in twelve league games, which is a strikerate perhaps only Iwelumo briefly got near recently. I think Kandol would be complemnt most strikers but just get him on a season long loan, he porves time and time again once settled he is s***e.
  • Options
    We have been trying to play, and have played, some good passing football. Not always for 90 minutes, and it's not purely passing football, but we do try it.
  • Options
    Surely no clubs signing the likes of Fleetwood and Gray are going to win the cup, therefore won't care that they're cup tied?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parky has confirmed we are interested in Kandol, but looks like we won't be signing a striker unless one goes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Parky has confirmed we are interested in Kandol, but looks like we won't be signing a striker unless one goes.

No surprise there, five is about right, definitely don't need any more than that. With Gray on big wages I think it'll be him, and if it can be done, we might bring a second new striker in and sell/loan out one of the others (except Burton).
  • Options
    Signed for Scunthorpe on a Bosman free.
  • Options
    Phew, saw this thread and feared the worst.

There is no way he is a Champ standard player, hope for Scunthorpes sake Dagnall does well or Hooper stays.
  • Options
    Adkins has denied the story on Sky Sports

Scunthorpe United manager Nigel Adkins insists he has no plans to make a move to sign Leeds United striker Tresor Kandol.

Reports have claimed that Adkins is keen to bring Kandol to Glanford Park over the summer, having shown an interest in the 28-year-old a few seasons ago.

Kandol, who scored twice in 10 substitute appearances in League One last term, is tipped to leave Elland Road over the summer following Leeds' promotion to the Championship.

However, Adkins has been quick to dash any suggestion that Kandol could be heading to Glanford Park when the transfer window reopens.

"I don't know where this has come from, but there is nothing in it," Adkins told the Scunthorpe Telegraph.

"I have had no contact with Leeds United and no contact with Tresor Kandol."
  • Options
    shit !!
  • Options
    been released by leeds. expect parky's still interested
  • Options
    I doubt with Sodje and Abbott on board, Parky will go for a player like Kandol, surely he is after someone with a bit more pace and mobility.
  • Options
    Bloke is a nutter who doesnt score and is similar in stature to Abbott and Sodje.

Off to Swindon so I here.
  • Options
    well imo we need 2 more strikers so could be Kandol + a pacy one, not that i have any liking for Kandol but we're at the point so close to start of season where i doubt we're gonna be too picky wages permitting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Talal[/cite]well imo we need 2 more strikers so could be Kandol + a pacy one, not that i have any liking for Kandol but we're at the point so close to start of season where i doubt we're gonna be too picky wages permitting.

On the contrary I think Parky is being very picky hence the lack of movement in this week.
  • Options
    Parky is being picky, will people stop talking about ex players that didn't cut it, Lisbie, Varney, Kandol, Lita

How about we phone up Jonatan Johannson, Bartlett, Mendonca or Bent? Sunderland have enough with Jones, Welbeck (possibly) and Campbell, so I think if we pay 5% of the wages he'll come down on a season long loan
  • Options
    I seem to remember Kandol didn't get too many games for us but showed a few flashes of brilliance here and there. I missed a few of the games he played though so i don't trust my own recollections for some bizarre reason?

However, my mate from Leeds said that Kandol was brilliant last year for them in all but a handful of appearances (mainly used as a sub I think) and the fans kept chanting for him to get a game over Beckford who pissed off a lot of Leeds' fans, even though he helped fire them up.
  • Options
    Lita didn't cut it ! ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]Parky is being picky, will people stop talking about ex players that didn't cut it, Lisbie, Varney, Kandol, Lita

How about we phone up Jonatan Johannson, Bartlett, Mendonca or Bent? Sunderland have enough with Jones, Welbeck (possibly) and Campbell, so I think if we pay 5% of the wages he'll come down on a season long loan

what a mature comment.

i guess i was badly in the wrong in highlighting that a player (a striker) has just been released whom Parky has previously expressed an interest in
  • Options
    i guess i was badly in the wrong in highlighting that a player (a striker) has just been released whom Parky has previously expressed an interest in

That was before Abbott and Akpo came in, Kandol is a bit similar in style to them, I'd rather have somebody who could offer something different. Besides I can't see Kandol scoring 15-20 goals a season.
  • Options
    so what?! geez waste of time posting anything really then. we have 2 strikers, 2 STRIKERS (tuna dont count). i would take kandol now as i don't think we'll get much better