Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Storage Companies

Anyone used these? I need to put some stuff into storage for 3-4 months, probably up to 20 square feet.

Will need to be in West London, but has anyone used the big companies and got any tips as to who to/not to use?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    Stanmore...........there was a thread about this very subject a few weeks back.
    Anyone got a link?
  • Options
    so there was- Cheers SA£

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=27501&page=1#Item_4

Any other thoughts- I definately need it to be near were i am staying unfortunately so will be stuck with London rates.

Had a quote from Big Yellow- £12per week- just wondering if i could find somewhere cheaper...
  • Options
    you can get it pretty cheap - if you can find an introductory rate. like pay for one month get 3 months free.

it can become very expensive on their normal rates though. be very wary!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]so there was- Cheers SA£

Any other thoughts- I definately need it to be near were i am staying unfortunately so will be stuck with London rates.

Had a quote from Big Yellow- £12per week- just wondering if i could find somewhere cheaper...

Only that maybe you can get cheaper rates if you go outside the M25....but then again you have to pay to transport the stuff you're storing to and from.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]so there was- Cheers SA£

Only that maybe you can get cheaper rates if you go outside the M25....but then again you have to pay to transport the stuff you're storing to and from.

IMO, knowing a little of this business, £12 per week in London is not too bad, and if not I know a bloke with links to a storage company in Swanley, and vans!!
  • Options
    £12 a week! What are you storing, a shoe box? I'm currently shelling out over £230 a month for the contents of my house. I got that through our removal company which in turn I got through a removals broker who were able to save me about £1300 on my move back to the UK. I highly recommend using them if you're moving and they could probably find you a storage place too but as you have to pay for the brokerage it'll probably not be worth it in this case.

Removals broker
  • Options
    We used Kelly's storage a while ago: they deliver a 'large box' to you, like a single horse box (without horse) , you fill it up then they come and tow it away to their 'facility'. Can't remember the cost but they must have a website.
  • Options
    We use Crown Promotions at work for our storage - They have a huge repository in Rainham - Quite reasonable.
  • Options
    i work part time at big box storage centre in maidstone, my advice is ask for discounts and a deal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]We used Kelly's storage a while ago: they deliver a 'large box' to you, like a single horse box (without horse) , you fill it up then they come and tow it away to their 'facility'. Can't remember the cost but they must have a website.

Their storage facility is just outside Lagos I believe.