Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone know what times the Perseid Meteor Shower starts tonight?

DA9DA9
edited August 2009 in Not Sports Related
And are we likely to miss out in the south?

Comments

• Options
    22:00
  • Options
    they are happening right now, only its hard to see them, but if you get hit on the head from something falling from the sky, yknow why
  • Options
    Gonna be cloudy as well ;-(
  • Options
    load of poo to the weather watched this in dorset a couple of years back with NLJR was a great place to be clear skys loads of families lying on the cliff tops looking at one of the nicest things i have seen
  • Options
    I saw them last night - laid out in my back garden at about 10:00 and watched them at dusk - it was awesome. Not a cloud in the sky, think I saw about 20 in a half hour period. Best time is just around/after dusk - you can see different colours in the ones that skim across the Earth's atmosphere before burning up.
  • Options
    you missed it!
    best vantage point was in herefordshire
    started at 7.45 last night and lasted over 120 minutes.....

sorry you said meteors didn't you.
  • Options
    Tried watching the night sky in Cornwall from about 8:30.

Didn't see bugger all, then it gradually begin to cloud over.
  • Options
    hmmmmm.....

thought I would be able to see summink from urumqi (nw china),.....

but.... nothing...

but I am looking up from a sizable city with plenty of lights on...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]they are happening right now, only its hard to see them, but if you get hit on the head from something falling from the sky, yknow why

seriously? as while i was driving home from work something hit my windscreen and cracked it, seemed to heavy to be stone and proper shook me but didnt really see it and only a lil crack, could that be it then?
  • Options
    Lovely and clear this morning at 3.30 loads of stars and even a few meteorites here in Walderslade, not good this evening as it is cloudy at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robert Elliot was on 5 Live at around 10 to 6 about this earlier. He seemed to know his stuff
  • Options
    Very cloudy here. Can't see the moon let alone meteorites. It's meant to peak around 2am.
  • Options
    Saw Bugger all in Bermuda. Went outside and the sky was very very clear but nothing just Lookout's baby crying....
  • Options
    Nothing in lee now. Not sure what time is, had wine.
  • Options
    Saw odd bits through the cloud last night...reds, greens, blues the odd sparkle.....shame it wasnt completely clear.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Robert Elliot was on 5 Live at around 10 to 6 about this earlier. He seemed to know his stuff

He's the most passionate player we've got - and a Charlton fan!

;o)