Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Music videos, album covers etc that feature London

We've done London songs, how about places in London that have featured in music videos or on album covers?

Berwick Street - Oasis/(What's the Story) Morning Glory
Abbey Road - Beatles/Abbey Road
St Katherine Docks - The Jam/Snap
Battersea Power Station - Pink Floyd/Animals

Comments

• Options
    For me there is only one............

Action by St Etienne....
  • Options
    Paul Weller - Wildwood:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVARPcZuwL0
  • Options
    Bowie-Berwick Street, Soho
  • Options
    Got an old LP of 'The Best of Military Bands-Vol 2', shows a guards band marching down the Mall towards Buck House. Stirring stuff!
  • Options
    All Change by Cast.
  • Options
    The Streets first album Original Pirate Material shows a block of flats on the front cover. Those flats are on City Road in North London. I know this because I used to live in the pub in the bottom left hand corner of the photo.
  • Options
    Pendulum- Slam filmed in Soho, outside Blackmarket Records basically involves a Fat man dancing in the street.
  • Options
    I Have a compilation 2 x cd set titled Ninth london international string quartet competition. The front cover is of Big ben & the houses of parliment.
  • Options
    The video for Anytime Anyplace Anywhere by Carter USM featured them playing their way through the Soho at night
  • Options
    I seem to remember a video made by one of those typical guy singing with another guy with a guitar type bands that I noticed solely because it was shot on a DLR platform at what looked like Canary Wharf station, although it's been a long time since I've been out that way...I haven't been able to find it in a web search, so maybe I'm making it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]For me there is only one............

Action by St Etienne....

That makes me homesick Oakster
  • Options
    king prawn - dominant view

one of many and a big tune
  • Options
    The Verve - the video for Bittersweet Symphony was shot in Hoxton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]The Streets first album Original Pirate Material shows a block of flats on the front cover. Those flats are on City Road in North London. I know this because I used to live in the pub in the bottom left hand corner of the photo.

Not the Eagle?
  • Options
    The Kinks - Muswell Hillbillies - Cover shots in and outside the Archway Tavern, Holloway
  • Options
    Sound Affects - The Jam - Charing Cross Road (Sorry Jorgecosta beat you to it)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Bowie-Berwick Street, Soho
    the cover for Ziggy Stardust was shot in Heddon St. just off Regent St.

Oasis' What's the Story was photographed in Berwick St.
  • Options
    Can-addick- could have been turin brakes or even gomez but think the first one perhaps. Defo rings a bell.
  • Options
    Walthamstow dog track - parklife album
    Row of houses next to pilot, northgreenwich/charlton - blur parklife single
  • Options
    Stray Cats - Runaway Boys - Woolwich Tramshed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3kiZ2Zn7Tg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kaiser chiefs - never miss a beat - elephant and castle (know that cos decs mate did the vid)
    Add your light to mine - lucky soul - some pub in london can't remember but inspector sands is in it I think so would know more.
    Front cover - the great unwanted - lucky soul - photo of jam circus pub in brockley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Bowie-Berwick Street, Soho
    the cover for Ziggy Stardust was shot in Heddon St. just off Regent St.

Oasis' What's the Story was photographed in Berwick St.

Just testing !