Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SEASIDE IN KENT

Few months ago or maybe last year some people commented on a bay near broadstairs which is very nice,can someone
let me who the name of it, i think falconwood 1 spoke about it.

Comments

• Options
    Josh Bay?
  • Options
    e-bay???
  • Options
    think it's "joss" bay bibble
  • Options
    its joss bay, very nice and always pretty quiet, a lovely little bay a bit further along the coast aswell, not sure of name thou,

miuets (spelling) bay near westgates quite nice as well
  • Options
    botany bay
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Few months ago or maybe last year some people commented on a bay near broadstairs which is very nice,can someone
    let me who the name of it, i think falconwood 1 spoke about it.[/quote]

Definitely Joss Bay. Very nice. We were always taken there for a summer outing whne I was at Gordon Primary School.
  • Options
    baywatch?
  • Options
    Bay of Pigs?
  • Options
    bay leaf?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    its Joss Bay. Minnis Bay is the other one at Birchington/Westgate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember that whenever we went down Margate way my old man would be first out of the Vauxhall Velox for the 50 yard dash to the cockle and whelks stall : and he took his own pin! Left my mum to sort out all the bags, li-los, and deck chairs etc!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If you drive from Dover to Deal & take a right turn at the Martin signpost (Martin is a left turn) you'll find a nice little place. Not many pubs but lots of fresh air.
    Recommend the all-you-can-eat restaurant at the top of the Old High St. in Folkestone. run by local Gurkhas.
  • Options
    joss bay is great.

if you're lucky you might even be able to get your surfboard out and ride a few waves...
  • Options
    Sandgate is a nice place
  • Options
    joss bay.
    captain digby pub at the top was always a good place to grab a pint and lunch. haven't been for a couple of years though.
  • Options
    Joss bay top place, no dogs alowed either... sadly the four legged kind.. basically u can't go wrong just try anywhere apart from margate, bit further south u have camber sands dymchurch etc.. lovely beaches, was in rye on hols last week with the family, stunning place and where were gona move to after I get rid of all these diamonds... ;-)
  • Options
    Herne Bay is great Clean and quiet and very clean sea
  • Options
    Used to go to Broadstairs every year for a week when I was a kid. One year it absolutely pissed it down all week - every single day. We moaned and moaned and moaned at my Mum: "when are we going to the beach - I want to go to the beach - why can't we go to the beach etc etc". Finally on the Thursday she snapped and packed us all into the car and took us to Joss Bay. She made us stand on the beach, make sandcastles and go swimming - it was 12 degrees and bucketing it down. Since then I've always hated Joss Bay.
  • Options
    Joss Bay is a personal favourite, it really is great no mobile phone reception, great beach, and all of the basic facilities you need including shop but pub is a car drive away, less seaweed than at minnis bay.