Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Dishwasher engineers on here?

We have a Neff dishwasher and the drawer cover has come off that holds the powder/tablet in place, I do not think it is broken but i am fooked if I can suss out how it goes back on as it is sprung and you cannot see the spring when the cover is in place.
My missus called a company and they want a £55.00 call out charge plus an hourly rate whilst he is here, I would rather give a "lifer" a drink to fix it if we have one on here.

Any takers?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Possibly not but if your dishwasher has leaked and ruined your carpet I know a very accomplished carpet fitter who is a regular poster on this board.
    By the way, I had trouble with my burglar alarm at home a few weeks back and my alarm company(Midnight Alarms of Beckenham) wanted a £165.00 call out fee!!
    Got a private fella that was recommended to me who charged me his hourly rate £47.00 he fixed it and put a new back-up battery in the alarm panel) all in around 20 mins.
  • Options
    Try this...
  • Options
    Same thing happened to ours - wasnt a Bosch though. Ended up scrapping it and getting a new, err, Bosch. Made do in the meantime by just chucking the tablet in loose - didnt seem to make much difference really.
  • Options
    Isn't there a little plastic container with perforations available - that's used to put soap powder inside washing machines ....?

Something like that would hold your dishwasher tablet - just place the container in the cutlery tray.

Next week: Don't miss my hot tip on how to save money by cleaning your own windows - just use vinegar and newspaper.

;o)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies guys but the panic is over, my son is an electrician and when he came home from work he said he said he could fix it in 5mins, he actually did it in 3mins.

Idle/Oggy, I would be happy just chucking the tablet in but we have just sold the house c/w built in dishwasher so I want to leave it working.

Oggy: Cleaning windows.................I have a little man that does that with a ladder, tell me something useful :-)

Thanks again guys
  • Options
    Only trouble we have with our old washer (manufactured 1946) is when its had too much vin rouge and drops plates on the floor. Missus keeps threatening to trade it in for a new, slimmer, user friendly model !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Only trouble we have with our old washer (manufactured 1946) is when its had too much vin rouge and drops plates on the floor. Missus keeps threatening to trade it in for a new, slimmer, user friendly model !

Poor you, March, under the thumb ....... :o)
  • Options
    The Iron Fist, more like Oggy!