Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Very strange, but very true.

edited August 2009 in Not Sports Related
Saturday afternoon after getting measured up for our suits for the wedding of my son and a certain MG's daughter, we spent yet another drunken evening together with our wives at his house. We spent most of the time discussing through glassy/drunken eyes, the lack of my family attending the special day due to all the normal reasons families lose touch. My eldest sister who has never even seen any of my children, let alone Grandchildren due to an arguement in 1980 and then just disappeared, today she
got in touch via genes reunited asking if I have sisters of the names in her email, although she has yet to reply to my email of confirmation I am 100% certain it is my sister, spooky or what?

Comments

• Options
    Praise the Lord on that one. Take your chance and dont balls it up! Who evers fault and that, not important. Good for you and your families!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]spooky or what?

or what?
  • Options
    I can't imagine what that is like as I'm very lucky all my family seem to get along although we do have a random person who lives in portsmouth who added us on facebook. He's the son of my gdads brother an extra marital affair whislt married to my nans sister and a taboo subject whilst my nan and gdad are still with us. That said, when he was born about 50 yrs ago he was given our surname so we have a couple of cousins too and I think itd be nice to get in touch in a few years and more than just on facebook.
    Having said all that, in a way it would be great if I had a family who didn't all get on as our day wedding guest list for my family alone is 60. That's no friends, no dec let alone his family and friends!

Bizarre that she's got in touch but nice all the same. Too big a difference to resolve and get back in touch? I'd wait till after wedding and send em a pic of the big day as an ice breaker :-)
  • Options
    Aren't you inviting every Charlton Life member to your wedding, Suzi.....?

We are all so looking forward to coming.

;o)
  • Options
    Good luck TCE, fingers crossed it has a happy ending.
  • Options
    I did think about getting married at club and all st holders invited but I don't like the carpet! :-)
  • Options
    That's a brilliant answer, Suzi ........lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I did think about getting married at club and all st holders invited but I don't like the carpet! :-)

Have a word with MOG, he'll change it for you.
  • Options
    I think my Nan held the world record for the longest recorded "huff"

Her and her sister, who by all accounts wasn't the nicest person, had a row when my Nan was 12. Something was said (can't remember exactly what) and ny Nan never spoke to her again.
  • Options
    My fourth cousin 2 x removed got in touch with me yesterday....I didnt know he existed, although I did have his father and his granfather on my tree, and indeed his mother who was My GGG Aunt.....

lol fun eh

No idea what the 2 x removed malarky is really..anybody explain it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]My fourth cousin 2 x removed got in touch with me yesterday....I didnt know he existed, although I did have his father and his granfather on my tree, and indeed his mother who was My GGG Aunt.....

We still only put lights and tinsel on our tree.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]I think my Nan held the world record for the longest recorded "huff"

Her and her sister, who by all accounts wasn't the nicest person, had a row when my Nan was 12. Something was said (can't remember exactly what) and ny Nan never spoke to her again.

I interpreted that in my tired state of mind as the world's longest guff :-)