Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

December under Reed

I'm sorry,when things aren't going well, management is about making decisions that change things-He would have had no imput into this

the reason for our only points this month

Unless Richard Murray and the board have already resigned themselves to relegation and see Reed as the man to build us up again, there is absolutely no point in him being here.

I'm jumping off the fence now!

Please go Les Reed.

Comments

• Options
    And Messrs Murray and Varney - please make the same swift exit.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Couldn't agree more things have got worse under Reed than they were under Dowie. At least we were being beaten but playing some football. We are relegated if he stays...

Don't think Murray or Varney need to go, at the end of the day Varney is an employee of the club and Murray his boss, he does what he is told.

Murray and the board have made mistakes but largely own the club so are not going anywhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Couldn't agree more things have got worse under Reed than they were under Dowie. At least we were being beaten but playing some football.

My non-addick (therefore completely unbiased) brother said that very thing to me this morning.

At least some of the play under Dowie looked a little bit like football..

Oh well. He's long gone. Onwards and downwards!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Don't think Murray or Varney need to go, at the end of the day Varney is an employee of the club and Murray his boss, he does what he is told.

I think they SHOULD go. As a season ticket holder I am a stakeholder in the club. Given the crass decisions those two have appeared to make this season I simply just don't trust them with running the club I support. The same crass decisions which have appeared to put us in the sh*t we are in now. One can blame Reed for the way the team are playing - but IMO they are the muppets that promoted Reed in the first place.
  • Options
    Why didn't Reed go on Wednesday.
    It is a joke.
  • Options
    Varney is Murrays employee, you say you are a stakeholder, we are all that but being a shareholder is a bit more important, it is a business at the end of the day. Is Murray going to sack himself, get real...How can you just wave away the last 17 years?
  • Options
    Richard Murray is the man who has overseen, by not only investing his own money, but having the ability and cred to encourage others to do likewise.

We may consider our current position as "in the shit" and it feels like it but without both Richard Murray and Martin Simons, we would not be in this position- Ie- there is no way we would even be in the Premiership.

The fact he is at the helm, other than a great, albeit small, core of fans, is the only reason that i have any positve feelings at the moment.

I sincerely hope he will do something about Reed though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Varney is Murrays employee, you say you are a stakeholder, we are all that but being a shareholder is a bit more important, it is a business at the end of the day. Is Murray going to sack himself, get real...How can you just wave away the last 17 years?

Yes it is a business and we are competing against 19 other businesses. The fact is that in May the three worst performing automatically lose status and on the balance of probability we will be one of those three. What might have been achieved in the past 17 years or so could very well be commendable but given the shit the club is in I don't think there is much room for sentiment on those past 17 years. Anyway I think some of these shareholders are doing a better job at waving away the last 17 years than me.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Cheeky~Bandit[/cite] What might have been achieved in the past 17 years or so could very well be commendable but given the shit the club is in I don't think there is much room for sentiment on those past 17 years.

And that is where i think the vast majority of Charlton fans will disagree with you...
  • Options
    RM needs to show he has the mettle to dismiss Les Reed, I am sure he has.
    Well I hope he has.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From the O/S
    "Reed, who deployed a 3-5-2 system, with Bryan Hughes behind Darren Bent, insisted the initial plan was to silence the home crowd by flooding the midfield.
    He continued: "The defensive aspect of the system worked quite well for the first 20 minutes but we did not use possession well enough.
    "I was pleased with the attitude of the players. We did defend very well at times and some of our individual one-on-one defending made it very hard for their two strikers.
    "We made some great efforts to block shots and get to the ball winning secondary possession and so on so I was very disappointed having done all that, that we lost possession of the ball too early."
    With January just a matter of days away, Reed is determined to do transfer business and declared that his side will be fighting until the very end to preserve their Premiership status.
    "We know that it's important we get some business done in January so I can have some flexibility in the squad.
    "I'll be working very hard to get things on the boil so can get it done on January 1st, I don't want to wait until the end of the month to get something done.
    "There is time, there are fixtures - and other people are under pressure as well," he added.
    "Things will change around, I'm sure they will. Some results were fairly kind to us today which helps.
    "We have to keep believing we can do it and will stay positive."
  • Options
    worked quite well for the first 20, like it worked well for the first 30 at Spurs.

But football is over 90 minutes Leslie. We got dicked at Spurs, and we lost again today.

You're too 'nice' for all this pal.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I think that this majority of Charlton fans are living in the past and have far too much sentiment on what has been achieved by Murray, Curbs et al during the past 17 years or so before this season. I thought that we were supposed to be an established Premiership side. It seems that there is a mindset of mediocrity and relagation throughout the club - from the board right down to the supporters - even those who cannot (for whatever reason) turn up to matches regularly. I heard someone say that the mindset determines the outcome. Time everyone connected with the club had a mindset of US STAYING UP.
  • Options
    fairly, nearly, quite, almost, could have, unfortunately, possibly, unlucky, tomorrow, january, transfer, new blood, will be looking to, might

Can we start a Charlton Life bingo using the above phrases/words for Loss Reed's press conferences?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cheeky~Bandit[/cite]I think that this majority of Charlton fans are living in the past and have far too much sentiment on what has been achieved by Murray, Curbs et al during the past 17 years or so before this season. I thought that we were supposed to be an established Premiership side. It seems that there is a mindset of mediocrity and relagation throughout the club - from the board right down to the supporters - even those who cannot (for whatever reason) turn up to matches regularly. I heard someone say that the mindset determines the outcome. Time everyone connected with the club had a mindset of US STAYING UP.

I think that's a good point. No-one can knock the board for what it has done in the past but I certainly belive that for the last 3 years or so, a comfort zone was allowed to develope through the club from the board, to the management to the players.

Everything was too safe and comfy. No pressure was put on the the manager to acheive anything with our only ambition to be to stay up. We were no longer moving forward and so consequently have gone backwards compared to the teams around us. You only have to look at what Bolton as a comparison.
  • Options
    It was a gamble with Reed and a brave decision that would have had us all applauding it had it worked. But it clearly has been a disaster, and the only sensible thing to do is to try something else.
    it can't be any worse can it...
  • Options
    A brave decision giving him the 'Head Coach' job but giving him a 3 year extension is plain nuts.

I have received about 30 'Reed Out' texts in the last 2 days....

and thats just from 'oohaah mortimer'....
  • Options
    i think the most telling thing is everyone to a man was willing to give Les a chance, and really wanted him to do well. He has always had a good name amongst Charlton fans, and its sad this recent episode has tarred it.

Every week its looking more Steve Wigley Mark II
  • Options
    as my brother said in his text to me,"if he's good enough for fenton under 12's...."
  • Options
    Bob Pearson Mark 2, is more like it Smudge
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i know the results under Reed have been crap but he has had to play with a team Dowie chose to buy(most of them). January will be a most telling time. it will show his 'so called' connections in the game, and also show whether prospective player's that would have once dreamed of a premiership chance are prepared to come to a club with a failing club with a manager in his FIRST head coach job. Charlton have always struggled to get decent player's to come to the Valley, and the transfer window will probably see some of our so-called stars go, but more importantly see what type of player Reed thinks we now need. players to keep us up, or get us back up?
  • Options
    doesn't matter what he has to play with mate, or if they are someone elses players, the fact remains they clearly don't want to play for him, and he appears unable to improve them as a unit.

You can ship 2 or 3 out a club that don't want to be there no problem, but we're looking at 10-15...