Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Walsall - Player ratings

13»

Comments

• Options
    Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 6.5
    Llera - 7
    Youga - 7
    Sam - 7
    Semedo - 9
    Racon - 7.5
    Shelvey - 6
    Bailey - 6.5
    Burton - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 7
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 7.5
    Youga - 6
    Sam - 6
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 6.5
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 7
    Dailly - 7.5
    Llera - 7.5
    Youga - 6
    Sam - 7.5
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 8.5
    Shelvey - 7
    Bailey - 6
    Burton - 8.5
    Wagstaff - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 8
    Llera - 7
    Youga - 6
    Sam - 7
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 6
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 7
    Wagstaff - 8
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 7
    Dailly -7
    Llera -7
    Youga -7
    Sam -7
    Semedo -8
    Racon -7
    Shelvey -7
    Bailey -7
    Burton - 9
    Wagstaff - 7

I found it hard to choose this week. Nobody was obviously bad or good. Semedo gets an 8 because he worked hard and caught my eye. That does not imply the others didn't work hard.

Burton gets the 9 because he caught my eye too with his hard work and his pass to Wagstaff was the one moment of real quality in the match other than Waggy's finish in my view.
  • Options
    Guys who responded to me - yes, he wins the ball. But do you guys look closely when he receives it from a team-mate? He dwells on the ball a little too long, sometimes his passes are a little wayward. I'd expect him to be a little quicker, even at this level. Hence, I think he'd do excellently in the centre of the defence - remember everyone crying out for Andy Reid to be made a centre mid?

I do appreciate Semedo's work, so I made him a joint MOM. But he has some faults that make me uncomfortable at times...
  • Options
    I don't see that as a problem myself, holding up the ball like that gives other players a chance to move into space. Most of his passing is fine, every other player on the team has the odd wayward pass, even the best passer in Shelvey.

If we put him at centre back, which I'm sure he'd do a decent job in, not disagreeing, but who would you replace him with?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Dazzler, how can you award marks out of ten when you weren't even there? Highlights and commentary only give you a partial picture.

Don't worry, they won't be counted. At least he is making it clear he wasn't there.

as above I know afka uses those that were there and agree only half a picture but still optimistic :o)
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 6
    Llera - 7
    Youga - 7
    Sam - 7
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 7
    Bailey - 5
    Burton - 8
    Wagstaff - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 7
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 7
    Youga - 7
    Sam - 7
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey -6
    Bailey -6
    Burton - 7
    Wagstaff -7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sco - I'd drop Dailly and bring in a striker and go to 4-4-2... Burton is a great player, don't get me wrong, but we'd need a 20+ goals per season striker, a la Matty Fryatt. Not exactly the most constructive answer...
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 wasn't really tested, although would give a 9 just for his tunnel jumping after a win. Love the bloke
    Richardson - 7.5 reminds my Dad a lil bit of Luke Young. I didn't really appreciate him till he'd moved on.
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 7
    Youga - 7 - slowly improving whoever's been giving him extra coaching seems to be doing a good job
    Sam - 6 looked knackered but on his day he's still one of our most dangerous players.
    Semedo - 8.5 mom
    Racon - 6 quieter than usual
    Shelvey - 6
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 8.5 dad's mom
    Wagstaff - 7.5 hope his goal does wonders for his confidence

Parky 7.5 great timing and decision to bring Waggy on
    Crowd 6
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Red Fraggle[/cite]Richardson - 7.5 reminds my Dad a lil bit of Luke Young. I didn't really appreciate him till he'd moved on.

I can see where that kind of comes from. In Young we had a player that most of the time knew what he was capable of. Last few years we've had Yassin that just didn't work out and wasn't a reliable defender, Murty who was good but didn't have the pace any more to get forward, Halford who tried too many long balls and Butterfield. Richardson looks a good signing, gets forward better than Butterfield did (Remember Bailey's goal against Wycombe, only Yassin might have made a run like Richardson did) and so far has been fairly solid defensively.

Nothing too exciting but we've seen that having full backs that are solid both defending and attacking is something we've missed the last few seasons. We've had a lot that can do one better than the other, or have weaknesses that can really let them down at times.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 7
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 8
    Youga -5
    Sam - 6
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 8
    Shelvey - 7
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 6