Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spanish football might not be shown this season on sky?

Just read that Sky's deal to show live Spanish football expired at the end of last season and they are bulking at paying £15 million to show it for next season. I was really looking forward to watching how Real Madrid's new galacticos performed next season and the superb Barcelona.

Setanta paid £125 million for a 4 year deal to show the SPL in 2008. Watched about 10 minutes of Hearts against Rangers today and I had to turn it over. Both teams, as are all teams in the SPL, were utter shit!.

£15 million to show what I think, in football terms, is the best league in the world seems peanuts!

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    I watch it through my cousin's Canal+ subscription over a slingbox anyway. Of course, it helps if you understand Spanish... but to be honest, I would imagine listening to it in Swahili would be better than listening to Warren Barton or Gerry 'I scored against Spain in 1982, me' Armstrong.
  • Options
    Prefer to watch conference football myself, being English and all that, but in the grand scheme of things it does seem to be a reasonable price to pay. I guess that Sky have done their sums and they don't add up to a profit, so they don't buy the product. Shame for those that like it though.
  • Options
    I'm sure they'll still be a few select games on i.e Barca v R Madrid
  • Options
    I think most people who like Spanish football will be subscribing to CAFCTV to watch Llera now anyway.
  • Options
    Good i dont like or care about spanish football anyway
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    £15 million to show what I think, in football terms, is the best league in the world seems peanuts!
    Interesting way of thinking about it. I liked that it was there, but rarely bothered to sit through whole games, (though you could say that for the Premiership too!). I suppose people - and particularly British people - generally don't follow leagues from outside their country. It's only a small minority that like to keep informed. Listening to some of the professional commentators employed by Sky, ITV and the BBC talking about European games, demonstrates that most British people - including those who make a living from the game, don't know a lot about foreign football.
  • Options
    I love La Liga, this would be a tragedy it what could well be a classic season over there!
  • Options
    it should be on sky, theyve signed a new deal for it, http://origin.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5511683,00.html
  • Options
    adsads
    edited August 2009
    sorry, link dont work,but its on the sky sports website that new deal has been announced for coming seasons
  • Options
    That is great news!

Link