Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone else get moaned at by the missus about eating pies burgers

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
When they get home from the game?
No use explaining that you walked it off or helped wash all the fat down with a few pints :-)
Lovely that they care about us but it's the little disapproval bit that gets you as though I should be eating lentils and low calorie seaweed or something.
Am I the only one on here who gets pie ear?

Comments

• Options
    My body is a temple worshipped by million, so i haven't really a clue what you're on about fella! ;0)
  • Options
    The only thing worse than junk food is the concept a long-term relationship.

It's strictly salads and casual sex with drunken barmaids for me, pal.

Speaking of which, why the hell did Orient advertise a veggie burger when they didn't actually have any. The gits.
  • Options
    You can get veggie burgers direct from GordonBrown.com. He can make a meal out of anything;-)
  • Options
    Tell her to sod off and mind her own business, why do women have to be so controlling over men?
  • Options
    You think I should adopt the subtle approach eh DA9 ;-)
    it's funny we went to a barbecue after the game and she had a burger it didn't even cross my mind to say oi...
  • Options
    Cos she's the one that normally ends up having to clean the lav after you?
  • Options
    get it all the time, (for obvious reasons), but the I don't always tell her :)

" Hi honey. I decided to be healthy at footie today so I bought two apples on the way to the ground, they were delicious, might do the same every match"

Forgetting to mention the fact that I didn't actually EAT the apples myself, fed them to a police horse and scoffed a pasty and three pints myself. :)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]get it all the time, (for obvious reasons), but the I don't always tell her :)

" Hi honey. I decided to be healthy at footie today so I bought two apples on the way to the ground, they were delicious, might do the same every match"

Forgetting to mention the fact that I didn't actually EAT the apples myself, fed them to a police horse and scoffed a pasty and three pints myself. :)[/quote]

Mine would only moan at me for not washing the apples beforehand...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]You think I should adopt the subtle approach eh DA9 ;-)
    it's funny we went to a barbecue after the game and she had a burger it didn't even cross my mind to say oi...

LOL..... one of my pet hates, women trying to control men and decide what they eat, what they wear etc etc, my other half wouldn't dream of telling me I couldn't eat a pie or a burger, and visa versa, I wouldn't even think to tell her what she can and cant do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Tell her to sod off and mind her own business, why do women have to be so controlling over men?

If they didn't try to control us we would all just act like single blokes - eating shit, drinking 10 pints every night and they would only see us when we wanted sex. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon I'd get grief if I fed the pony at a game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Tell her to sod off and mind her own business, why do women have to be so controlling over men?

You should bring this theme to Channel 5 as i think u could be on the road to making a very popular blokes tv show. You could call it something like 'Know Your Place'.
  • Options
    My missus doesn't mind about a dirty burger or a few pints, but for some reason, she really hates it when I have a kebab! (probably something to do with the skidmarks the next day!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]I reckon I'd get grief if I fed the pony at a game

Nice.
  • Options
    Mine can't seem to grasp the concept of a Chicken Balti Pie! "Curry in a pie?"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]

You should bring this theme to Channel 5 as i think u could be on the road to making a very popular blokes tv show. You could call it something like 'Know Your Place'.

Or in true Peter Griffin style "What grinds my gears"
  • Options
    Michelle got you on a diet then Jon?
  • Options
    Well BDL I could prob do with losing a few pounds of love handle but I'm hoping to do that when I do 13 miles of running hell with TCE in October ;-)
  • Options
    I personally would have the hump if I was at home cooking or getting hungry for a takeaway and then my fella came in and said he wasn't hungry as hed had a pie. If we had no eating plans for the evening together then I wouldn't care. I don't like being on a different eating pattern as you'd always eat on your own and that's not nice.
  • Options
    wouldnt worry about it at home games food sold out within 5 mins of opening in the north upper block M end no burgers,pies,chips,hotdogs,pasties

fecking joke left everyone queing didnt say anything until people started saying why dont you put a sign up or shout it out every few mins

shambles that on saturday i was fecking hank marving
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder how many would moan if it was hairy pie?
  • Options
    I eat what i like and the missus dont mind or try telling me what to do anyway. as you say its nice they look out for us but theres a thin line between careing and telling you what to do. She can disaprove all she likes but she knows nothin of football culture and doesnt mind so long as i dont eat it everyday which i dont.
  • Options
    i think suzi has a fair point that if your missus/wife/girlfirend watever you call them lol if they cook for you and let you know then dont eat the pies

But if they dont should eat wat we want wen we want, as long as you not on a diet and a bit of a fat heffa lol
  • Options
    Nope Suzi I go home and eat whatever we're having ;-)
    Maybe I should bring a burger home for her eh?
    Who said romance was dead?
  • Options
    Hmm the burgers leave a lot to be desired fresh- I doubt 2 hours later cold would bring you many brownie points!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]Well BDL I could prob do with losing a few pounds of love handle but I'm hoping to do that when I do 13 miles of running hell with TCE in October ;-)

Edited, cos it dont make any sense.
    Lol, the last bit of running I did was at the "Bluewater 10k" and I must admit I was opting out. But I'm back in again, as AFKA and GHE amongst others pointed out on saturday, there is only a month to go! I would like to stay off the road running for as long as possible, any ideas on gyms where I could use one of those running machines, David Llyod the robbing gits wanted £93 for 3 month membership.

Oh Jon, I've checked its September not October!! the 27th to be exact :(
  • Options
    You mean September THIS year? ;-)
    The most distasteful thing about this is how I was determined to really build up slowly this time so I would be really fit for it.
    I'll be fit for nothing at this rate:-)
    Right well the training starts properly tomorrow.
    There's a nice steady 2-3 mile run to burger king from here ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My first attempt at getting fit ended in disaster after I broke a shoelace in my plimsol, so I spent an hour on the crosstrainer at home instead, 30 minutes and 9k later it dont hurt at all.......................ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

34 days to go.......................................................14st 8lbs.........................
  • Options
    You don't want to be pounding pavements wearing plimsols, TCE ....... you'll knacker your joints in next to no time.
    Invest in the best pair of cushioned proper running shoes you can afford.

Your knees, etc will thank you for it.

;o)
  • Options
    Thanks for your concern Oggy, but the knee's are already shagged. Since that 10k thingy I've had 2 lots of fluid taken from my knee.
    Psst, and by the way I have always called them plimsols after the first pair I had at school.