Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK - Post Walsall home

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
MATCH STATS

....................CAFC.....WFC

Goals............... 2...........0
Possession.........59%........41%
Shots (target)......11..........4
Shots (off-target)..6...........5
Corners.............8...........5
Fouls................4..........17
Yellow cards........1...........0
Att. 15,706 (289 Walsall)

PLAYER RATINGS (sample 53 Lifers)

Semedo - 8.23
Llera - 7.47
Burton - 7.44
Dailly - 7.14
Racon - 7.07
Richardson - 6.96
Bailey - 6.82
Elliot - 6.72
Shelvey - 6.68
Youga - 6.54
Sam - 6.42

Wagstaff - 7.25

Ave rating - 7.06
Highest ave. rating Lifer - Matt896 / BFR - 7.42
Lowest ave. rating Lifer - pshrimpt - 6.00 (pshrimpt has provided the lowest rating on both occassions he has submitted them)

AVERAGE PLAYER RATINGS SO FAR THIS SEASON (all players bar Wagstaff 4 matches)

Semedo - 7.60
Burton - 7.56
Racon - 7.45
Dailly - 7.31
Richardson - 7.02
Llera - 7.00
Elliot - 6.94
Bailey - 6.88
Shelvey - 6.73
Sam - 6.55
Youga - 6.04

Wagstaff 7.25

MAN OF THE MATCH AWARDS

H Wycombe - RACON (7.44)
A Hartlepool - BURTON (7.76)
A Orient - RACON (7.93)
H Walsall - SEMEDO (8.23)

ASSISTS

Shelvey 2
Richardson 2
Racon 1
Sam 1
Bailey 1
Burton 1

GOALS

Bailey 2
Burton 2
Llera 2
Shelvey 1
Dailly 1
Wagstaff 1

MISCELLANEOUS STATS

Charlton are currently averaging 15 attempts at goal per game (compared to a 2008/09 average of 12)
Charlton are one of 10 League One sides yet to hit the woodwork (Leeds have 7 times)
Charlton are yet to be drawing at HT in a league game

LEAGUE ONE SUMMARY

Played matches ..............48
Remaining matches.. 504
% played ....................8 %
Home wins .............35 %
Draws ....................31 %
Away wins .............33 %
Goals ....................134
Goals p. match .......2.79
Goals p. match (Home) .1.5
Goals p. match (Away) .1.29
Over 2.5 goals ..............52 %
Under 2.5 goals .......48 %

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't Lleras header which he ultimately score from count as hitting the woodwork?
  • Options
    nice a sticky at last ...
  • Options
    Great stats AFKA
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Doesn't Lleras header which he ultimately score from count as hitting the woodwork?

I think as it resulted in a goal, that overrides it.
  • Options
    So, Jonjo Shelvey is, according to Charlton fans, the team's ninth-best player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]So, Jonjo Shelvey is, according to Charlton fans, the team's ninth-best player.

or, looking at the score rather than his position, he is a 17 year old more than holding his own amongst more experienced players in a, so far, winning team. That looks pretty good to me.

Youga is the one that sticks out - perhaps son oncle would like to comment.

These are good stats, thanks AFKA.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]

Youga is the one that sticks out

It was the one noticeable thing for me this week. I kept a close eye on Youga this week. He played in a defence that kept a clean sheet, got forward well and i don't remember him making a single defensive error. If he wasn't 'impressive' then he certainly 'did his job'.

Yet a few people marked him as a 5, which tells me that they individually are not voting on that specific match but more their general feelings towards individuals. And looking at the general scores, its also quite telling that we as a fanbase that we are more likely to mark our own players down than the reverse. We have a 100% record, yet according to our decent-sized samples, almost half the team (5 out of 11) have been operating on average below 7/10.
  • Options
    People see only what they want to see ..... ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]People see only what they want to see ..... ?

Sometimes. No surprise the bottom 2 are Youga and Sam. After them you've got Jonjo who has big expectations now, Elliot who's not always had a lot to do, and Bailey who some fans just don't like playing on the left.

Pleased to see Burton is up there, even in the games he didn't score most fans are seeing how well he's doing his job for the team.
  • Options
    It might be an interesting exercise to take a vote BEFORE the game. I bet Youga would do equally badly in that case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]It might be an interesting exercise to take a vote BEFORE the game. I bet Youga would do equally badly in that case.

Great idea, Chizz ...... we can submit our player ratings before kickoff.

As you suggest, I bet the marks out of 10 would be the same, regardless of whether players actually played or not.

;o)
  • Options

exactly oggy , you cannot make the blind see !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

exactly oggy , you cannot make the blind see !!

Oooh harsh, that's like blaming voters for the government - the democratic process is in place to represent the opinions of the majority of fans, this is a survey of opinions from fans at the matches... So it undermines it to say that their opinions are wrong.

Great stats AFKA... 10.0 for another textbook performance.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Doesn't Lleras header which he ultimately score from count as hitting the woodwork?

I think as it resulted in a goal, that overrides it.

You what? Because we scored a goal from the rebound it means that we never hit the post in the first place? I think you'll find that's ballcocks.

There is a more simple answer - the stat is WRONG!!!

More worrying though, can we now believe any of the stats AFKA is feeding us? Maybe he's go some ulterior motive for wanting us to believe thaat we had 59% of possession agaainst Walsall? Maybe Semedo's average marking wasn't 8.23 and he's only said it was because he has a sexual infatuation with the bloke and wants a portion of his man fat.

It makes you wonder.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I think the fact that our 'water carrier' is deemed to be our top performer so far this season is a worry in itself.

Bit like the theatre assistant getting more accholades than the surgeon IMO.
  • Options
    Home wins .............35 %
    Is this right or am I missing something?
  • Options
    About 1% I'd say!
  • Options
    This is the famous lost % as sung about by Jimmy Durante.
  • Options
    top work afka, everyone always has to point out the negatives lol

agreed with ppls ratings may not be fair in sense rating on the game only, which i am sure a few ppl do correct but just as many dont. cannot see how shelvey has been our 9th best performer this yeat? i think he has done well just high expectations means he gets marks down for that, ppl need to learn how to rate ppl properly based on the game only, then that way AFKA's good work is more accurate

On that note come on the reds at tranmere, best of luck to all those going i will be going away as of early hours tomorrow for few days dont miss me too much! lol
  • Options

It was the one noticeable thing for me this week. I kept a close eye on Youga this week. He played in a defence that kept a clean sheet, got forward well and i don't remember him making a single defensive error. If he wasn't 'impressive' then he certainly 'did his job'.

Yet a few people marked him as a 5, which tells me that they individually are not voting on that specific match but more their general feelings towards individuals. And looking at the general scores, its also quite telling that we as a fanbase that we are more likely to mark our own players down than the reverse. We have a 100% record, yet according to our decent-sized samples, almost half the team (5 out of 11) have been operating on average below 7/10.
    Confirms what I've always thought about the anti-Youga brigade. Basically whenever they watch him, they're going to see negatives. Sad really. From the comment above about Jonjo you can also see there's a reluctance to mark him down because he's the player that's most likely to ever make it to the very top. I think people forget that they're rating performance in a specific game, rather than the overall effectiveness of the player. If Messi played in goal and shipped 7 it'd be OK to mark him down, kids...

Think I may have missed the earlier post, but I'd say that 7 is high. Surely if it is out of 10 a standard, unspectacular no mess ups would be a 5 or 6. (I think in Italy, where they've been obsessing about player ratings for many years that 6 is a decent solid scoring in Gazetta). I guess it depends on the scale. Whenever the Sun does the stats you often find a load of 8s and 9s or 1s and 2s if they're angry about something. Because they're tards
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Home wins .............35 %
    Is this right or am I missing something?

I thought that - get your bets on League One draws! (Though whenever I notice something you can be sure that the bookies knew about it some time back).
  • Options
    Great Stats. Will be more and more interesting as the season goes on.

Will be interesting, if possible, to compare scores from games we win to those we don't.

In fact like what Admin are doing with the pre-match polls and collating all the post match comments in one place. Will make reviewing the whole season must easier.
  • Options
    Er, youga didn't make an error all game? I seem to remember him giving the ball away in the first half to their right winger (or whoever was there at the time) he managed to redeem himself by getting back as the cross was being lined up and put it out for a corner. With a better oppo that mistake would have cost us. I think that at this level he will be ok, but glaring mistakes seem to be part of his normal game and it is these that people remember, not the 95% of his game that was good, hence the low marks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Er, youga didn't make an error all game? I seem to remember him giving the ball away in the first half to their right winger (or whoever was there at the time) he managed to redeem himself by getting back as the cross was being lined up and put it out for a corner. With a better oppo that mistake would have cost us. I think that at this level he will be ok, but glaring mistakes seem to be part of his normal game and it is these that people remember, not the 95% of his game that was good, hence the low marks.

Can you name a Charlton player who didn't give the ball away or make an error? I seem to remember one by Richardson which could have been costly. Even Elliot made some dodgy clearances.

Frankly the only thing that doesn't surprise me about the player stats is the fact some people do, as AFKA points out, mark based on their personal feelings about a players strengths/weaknesses instead of what actually happened.

Many marked Lloyd Sam down against Orient citing "lack of end product" yet he tormented them, particularly in the second half. Sam had an average game against Walsall due, in my view, to being tired. It wasn't a bad performance, just not his best. Racon had an average performance against Walsall yet Sam was singled out by many as poor and Racon got good marks from all.
  • Options
    AFKA (re-Youga) don't remember him making a single defensive error. If he wasn't 'impressive' then he certainly 'did his job'.

I think I made this point elsewhere, but he was massively at fault for allowing the cross that resulted in the disallowed goal. I'm not sure if that counts as a defensive error - in my books it should as the ball was live at that point and the attacker was ruled offside after the cross, other than that I thought he did ok and had a solid game.
  • Options

I'm with AFKA on this and at the start of each game i'd try to look at the players a fresh and individually mark them and Parky then.
  • Options
    So youga did make two mistakes that could have been costly. So is it his supporters that have him marked wrong? I don't remember anyone else making two potentially critical mistakes! But I agree that his bad record in this area means we look at his mistakes more closely, but also all of his game and I think he has improved, though possibly as the oppo have got worse?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]AFKA (re-Youga) don't remember him making a single defensive error. If he wasn't 'impressive' then he certainly 'did his job'.

I think I made this point elsewhere, but he was massively at fault for allowing the cross that resulted in the disallowed goal. I'm not sure if that counts as a defensive error - in my books it should as the ball was live at that point and the attacker was ruled offside after the cross, other than that I thought he did ok and had a solid game.

Surely he was standing in a position to play the striker offside, therefore in the right place?

Edit: Sorry, I see you've put "allowing the cross" - I thought you meant he wasn't marking him properly
  • Options

just tells you most of them know fudge all about football and are miserbale moany bstds
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]AFKA (re-Youga) don't remember him making a single defensive error. If he wasn't 'impressive' then he certainly 'did his job'.

This is a perfect example of how blinkers cause people to have a completely distorted view of a player. How a cross coming over from the left wing can be adjudged by anyone who knows anything about football, to be the fault of the defending left full back, is beyond reason. What actually happened was that Youga had to cover a lot of ground to get over from his side of the pitch to cover for Richardson, but was outnumbered. When the ball went out wide to - I think - Richards for the cross Youga still managed to get across and at a stretch managed to get a foot in and stop the first cross. Had he not done this Parkin WOULD have still been onside when the ball was crossed and it would have been 1-1. As he recovered the Walsall player got the second ball in.

Yet, here we have people blaming Youga for this and completely missing the fact that he had little or no chance to do anything other than what he did. If we HAVE to blame someone for this it would be the right sided fullback for being out of position or whichever centreback was supposed to be marking Parkin. But of course neither of them are our whipping boy of the month.

I'd ask people to at least attempt to have some kind of realistic objectivity when criticising players and try to think a bit more about what really constitutes fault.